Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k TV Power City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Yes but it has to be in ROI & it has to be an advertised price or the price on the price tag. If you bargain down a price in one shop another shops "we'll match anyone else's price" doesn't come into effect

Yap i should them the price on my phone on the other stores site and was in stock still no go ha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yap i should them the price on my phone on the other stores site and was in stock still no go ha

Was it the exact same model?

Stheno wrote: »
    Was it the exact same model?

Panasonic TX-58DX802B with 5 year warranty both where like for like TV.

I bought from sound store in the end as they wonted to see me the tv and knocked 50 euros off the price and gave me free del on IT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Panasonic TX-58DX802B with 5 year warranty both where like for like TV.

I bought from sound store in the end as they wonted to see me the tv and knocked 50 euros off the price and gave me free del on IT.

Ah so the price match wouldnt have mattered given the extra off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The thing is for less than €100 more you can get a decent brand tv that will perform much better and have decent picture quality and good motion handling.

Standard 4k tvs have dropped considerably in price now that 4k hdr is the new thing.

Those rebadged vestel sets in general are really poor quality and are best avoided imo unless you are on a tight budget.

It is important to do some homework when buying though as it's a minefield. Some well established brands also use vestel for their entry level tvs while others use them for their entire range of tvs and in other cases vestel has bought the brand name of former well regarded and well established brands. Very few companies make their own tv's anymore.

Also while you might not get to see the full benefits of 4k on anything less than a 50inch tv you will still see a decent upgrade in detail on smaller 4k sets too compared to a similar spec full hd set.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah so the price match wouldnt have mattered given the extra off?

So they would not even match the online price. I then went to sound store and they gave me the TV cheaper when i asked for a discount on it.

So they would not even match the online price. I then went to sound store and they gave me the TV cheaper when i asked for a discount on it.
    That tv can be got for €1249 with a 6 year warranty in the panasonic store in limerick. It's the same price in soudstore with a 5 year warranty.
    https://www.panasonicstore.ie/product/tv-and-projector/tv-55-to-85-screen-size/panasonic-58-premium-4k-smart-led-tv-tx-58dx802b/

Great tv btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They say in their ads this they'll match or beat any competitors price
    Not sure what the radio or tv ads say, but online its pretty clear

http://www.currys.ie/content/price-promise-we-wont-be-beaten-on-price/926
    If you find Argos, DID Electrical, Expert, Harvey Norman or Power City has the same product at a cheaper price, including voucher offers, we'll match it – even up to 7 days after purchase.

I would be very surprised if their ad did not say T&Cs were attached, or that the ad 100% convinced people they would match prices in the UK, e.g. richer sounds.
    Bought a new TV today in soundstore in cork to replace it. At lest they tryed to sell me a TV today unlike harvy norman and Currys who said go way when I tryed to buy it
    "who would not price match" would have taken less characters, and would not have been deliberately misleading -especially when it seems they never said they would price match the shops you mention...

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That tv can be got for €1249 with a 6 year warranty in the panasonic store in limerick. It's the same price in soudstore with a 5 year warranty.
    https://www.panasonicstore.ie/product/tv-and-projector/tv-55-to-85-screen-size/panasonic-58-premium-4k-smart-led-tv-tx-58dx802b/

Great tv btw.

Paid 1200 for it delivery Incuded so can't complain. 5 year warranty.

Being honest it prob be replaced at the end of the 5 years or when ever 8k tvs come in fashion :).

Paid 1200 for it delivery Incuded so can't complain. 5 year warranty.

Being honest it prob be replaced at the end of the 5 years or when ever 8k tvs come in fashion :).

I know you got a good deal and 5 years is a good warranty. well wear. :) My post was Just for anyone else interested in this tv. You done well knocking €50 off. I couldn't get them to knock anything off their sale price, albeit on a cheaper tv

• Advertisement

so can't complain. 5 year warranty.
    - but you did complain. And it certainly was not warranted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yap said try richer sounds price or match sound store they flat out refund and said the 1700 price on the TV they won't move on it at all.

Currys said to me to much of a gap they won't prove then the Manger came over and said OK but will be 3 weeks to get the TV as none in stock.

Sound store said do better then the 1250 he said OK I will go have a look he came back and said 1200 and I said give me delivery and we have a deal he went no problem we have a deal.

Ok so it's not that they wouldn't sell you a tv, they just weren't prepared to match your offer and spit on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

How much in Power City?

499 in powercity, 569 in currys its the Panasonic 600 model.
    Was in Currys yesterday and a young guy recommended the following Samsung 6000 43 inch for €569

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Take a look at richersounds.ie if you can. TVs are usually cheaper and come with a 6 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I picked up the Samsung 55" KS7000 in Curry's with the 5 year know how warranty for €1190 . I have to say that the picture is stunning . I watched Mad Max in 4k 10bit Hdr and it is amazing . It's also a stunning TV for gaming as the input lag is very fast .

The 55" is €1150 ( store pickup ) and the 49" version can be got for 1k delivered in Richer sounds with a 6 year warranty .

Many reviews online claiming it to be the best bang for buck tv out there .

https://www.google.ie/#q=samsung+ue55ks7000+review

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Hi Guys
    Picking up a 4k tv for the one s.

Is there anything i need to look out for when getting one for Gaming?

IS 4K Ultra HD HDR teh norm?

Looking at these two

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202300...ab?swapstore=1

http://www.did.ie/pansonic-50-4k-sma...x-50dx700b-prd

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Picking up a 4k tv for the one s.

Is there anything i need to look out for when getting one for Gaming?

IS 4K Ultra HD HDR teh norm?

Looking at these two

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202300...ab?swapstore=1

http://www.did.ie/pansonic-50-4k-sma...x-50dx700b-prd

None of those links are working.

As for your other questions, hdr has only really started to be introduced in the last year or so and not all sets display hdr equally. Some sets won't display it to it's full potential but you will still get the effects of it. Eg sets with less than 1000 nits of brightness and 8 bit panels.

Most sets that can display proper hdr cost silly money though.

As for gaming, getting a tv with a low input lag is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

None of those links are working.

As for your other questions, hdr has only really started to be introduced in the last year or so and not all sets display hdr equally. Some sets won't display it to it's full potential but you will still get the effects of it. Eg sets with less than 1000 nits of brightness and 8 bit panels.

Most sets that can display proper hdr cost silly money though.

As for gaming, getting a tv with a low input lag is important.

Thsnks for that. Hopefully the links work now. The LG the cheapest by far but really like the look of the 55" samsung from richersounds.

LInks still not working

Is the SAMSUNG
    UE55KU6000 55" For €749

Or the LG Lg 49UH650V 49" For €589.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

stimpson wrote: »
    Honestly at 40" it's not worth going 4K. A decent 1080p set would give a far better picture at that size/price point.

Explain how?

stevek93 wrote: »
    Explain how?
    the price point is the important thing to note. It is not set in stone, you could of course happen to find a really good deal on a 4K tv.

What people mean is that at the same price point one product might be better than another if working off the same margins, due to the costs of the base components.

e.g. if sony had a 40MP camera and 5MP camera both 200euro and the same profit margin. Then the 5MP should be able to afford to have a better lens or flash or whatever, and so the photos taken with it could turn out better. The 40MP camera will attract those who automatically think higher pixels is a measure of quality.

If I had 300euro to spend on a bike I would avoid one with lots of gears and disc brakes & suspension, as they are likely to be very poor quality at that price point, you could get a better cycling experience over the next few years on a single speed basic bike, which should have better components presuming its on the same margins etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Honestly at 40" it's not worth going 4K. A decent 1080p set would give a far better picture at that size/price point.

Its also worth noting that Standard Definition ,720p and 1080i material will look much better on a 1080p set than on a 4k LED set (Oleds are a different story).

I picked up the Samsung 55" KS7000 in Curry's with the 5 year know how warranty for €1190 . I have to say that the picture is stunning . I watched Mad Max in 4k 10bit Hdr and it is amazing . It's also a stunning TV for gaming as the input lag is very fast .

The 55" is €1150 ( store pickup ) and the 49" version can be got for 1k delivered in Richer sounds with a 6 year warranty .

Many reviews online claiming it to be the best bang for buck tv out there .

https://www.google.ie/#q=samsung+ue55ks7000+review
    I find that samsungs don't live up to their excellent specs in terms of image quality. Don't get me wrong It's a good tv for the price but there is a reason why the equivalent sony and panasonic are much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Nordmende? No thanks I'd spare your 370 and save up a bit more for an LG or Samsung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I find that samsungs don't live up to their excellent specs in terms of image quality. Don't get me wrong It's a good tv for the price but there is a reason why the equivalent sony and panasonic are much more expensive.

I wouldn't agree with that, any Samsung I've taken a look at, or owned, have excellent image quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I bought the 55ks7000 the other week and it is stunning.
    It's the best tv you can get in that price bracket.
    4K ,10 bit panel , low input lag , HDR , and it's seriously bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

stevek93 wrote: »
    Explain how?

I'd echo this.. I just bought a 4k oled 55 inch and I couldn't say there's a night and day difference between hd and 4k content... Certainly nowhere near the difference there is between sd and HD... I reckon you'd want to be at 75 inch to really see a significant difference between hd and 4k.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that, any Samsung I've taken a look at, or owned, have excellent image quality.

I've owned a few myself and I've found the upscaling and motion control to be poor in all of them. Tight viewing angles and backlight control issues plagued them too.

Sony and Panasonics offerings are better quality and are much more polished. They are worth the few € extra tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Recently got a hisense 40" 4K and the pic is alround excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Thsnks for that. Hopefully the links work now. The LG the cheapest by far but really like the look of the 55" samsung from richersounds.

LInks still not working

Is the SAMSUNG
    UE55KU6000 55" For €749

Or the LG Lg 49UH650V 49" For €589.50

Hey man,

At the moment I feel there are only two TVs I'd say are top choices.

Samsung Ks7000 is considered by many as the best bang for the buck.

Here is a eurogamer review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-samsung-ks7000-4k-tv-review

The next best option IMO if you're looking to spend serious cash is the LG B6.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b6

Both TVs punch seriously above their weight in their respective price brackets and as far as 4K HDR goes the LG is one of the most future proof TVs currently at that price.

However, some people are reporting some sound issues since latest firmware update on avforums. So keep that in mind. Likely to be a temporary problem though.

Secret option C. If you don't need a tv right now Wait till January for the 2017 line up to be revealed. HDR format willl get solidified and prices will start to go down. April 2017 might be best time to buy the B6. I'm moving home soon so holding off but I'll be going for the B6 in the summer. Unless something much tastier shows up in January.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote: »
    Hey man,

At the moment I feel there are only two TVs I'd say are top choices.

Samsung Ks7000 is considered by many as the best bang for the buck.

Here is a eurogamer review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-samsung-ks7000-4k-tv-review

The next best option IMO if you're looking to spend serious cash is the LG B6.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b6

Both TVs punch seriously above their weight in their respective price brackets and as far as 4K HDR goes the LG is one of the most future proof TVs currently at that price.

However, some people are reporting some sound issues since latest firmware update on avforums. So keep that in mind. Likely to be a temporary problem though.

Secret option C. If you don't need a tv right now Wait till January for the 2017 line up to be revealed. HDR format willl get solidified and prices will start to go down. April 2017 might be best time to buy the B6. I'm moving home soon so holding off but I'll be going for the B6 in the summer. Unless something much tastier shows up in January.

Best of luck!
    The input lag on that lg is going to be a no-no for any serious gamer.

Advertisement