Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k TV Power City

Options
  • 26-12-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Nordmende NM40UHD
    I am not great on TV need a tv size is perfect is the below spec ok, I know its most likely a Vestal box , just used for standard use.
    Tks

Nordmende 40 4k smart tv
    Saorview & satellite tv
    200hz 4k uhd picture
    Saorview record ready
    2x hdmi digital connections
    Usb play & record
    Smart tv platform
    Built in wifi
    Netflix uhd
    Scart connection
    Headphone connection
    Pc in via hdmi & vga
    Optical audio connection
    Lan conection
    200hz clear motion technology

€ 369 Power City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SATNAV wrote:
    € 369 Power City

I'm not a nordmande fan but at that price you really can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Can't comment on all Nordmende but we inherited one that is a year old and it's brutal. The sound is awful and it vibrates with any form of bass and the picture has started to blur from the bottom
    Ask for a demo and whack up the volume and be sure there's a decent guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Honestly at 40" it's not worth going 4K. A decent 1080p set would give a far better picture at that size/price point.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Can't comment on all Nordmende but we inherited one that is a year old and it's brutal. The sound is awful and it vibrates with any form of bass and the picture has started to blur from the bottom
    Ask for a demo and whack up the volume and be sure there's a decent guarantee
    Almost all cheap flat screens have awful sound. Just use an old pair of computer speakers or line in on a HiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

stimpson wrote: »
    Honestly at 40" it's not worth going 4K. A decent 1080p set would give a far better picture at that size/price point.

really? a 4k upscales doesn't it?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »

There's far more to a good picture than resolution. Contrast, response time, edge bleeding all have an effect on picture quality. You'll get a better quality 1080p panel at that price, and at 40" you really won't notice much difference in resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

It's do to with people being obsessed with a diagram that shows at what distance to screen size 4K makes a difference.

Amazingly though, my 4K tv which is short of 50inch people can all see a sharper image with the 4K movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

stimpson wrote: »

I wouldn't even mind the size issue as much. What I can't abide in these cheap 4k screens is the motion processing, any sport on them is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

the hisense?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

^^^^^^^^^^

the hisense?

Supposed to be decent "for what it costs". Personally I'd save my money and go no lower than the Samsung 7000 series - which I did notice is on sale in richersounds

• Advertisement

If you're looking for a bargain 4K then why settle for a no name brand? Richer sounds have a Samsung for £349 plus £7 for delivery to the republic.

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202314-ue40ku6020.aspx

Fairly sure they still include 5 year warranty on all TVs. They have a forum on boards if you need to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Before I have Samsung series 8 top class full hd tv( at the time of buying it it was top range) and now I got hisense 4k and must say it's wayyy better picture on hisense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Before I have Samsung series 8 top class full hd tv( at the time of buying it it was top range) and now I got hisense 4k and must say it's wayyy better picture on hisense

What size HiSense?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

pm1977x wrote: »
    What size HiSense?

55"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Stay away from power city. Bought a 1100 euro lg TV there 16 months ago broke twice.

Every part inside it needs to be repaired. Again said no wonted a replacement.

Had to go small claims court. They did not reply at all to the court. After 15 days.

I won the case by default

Now have to wait to the new year to start getting my money back.

Bought a new TV today in soundstore in cork to replace it. At lest they tryed to sell me a TV today unlike harvy norman and Currys who said go way when I tryed to buy it

Stay away from power city. Bought a 1100 euro lg TV there 16 months ago broke twice.

In fairness it's LG you should be annoyed with. By an LG anywhere & the same would have happened.
    Great that you won eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    In fairness it's LG you should be annoyed with. By an LG anywhere & the same would have happened.
    Great that you won eventually.

LG are grand to deal with they sent me back to power city and told me to use my cs law to get it fixed otherwise we have to charge for it.

If I went into great detail of power city cs you will know why I am angry at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Bought a new TV today in soundstore in cork to replace it. At lest they tryed to sell me a TV today unlike harvy norman and Currys who said go way when I tryed to buy it

They both refused to sell you a TV?

LG are grand to deal with they sent me back to power city and told me to use my cs law to get it fixed otherwise we have to charge for it.

Yes but LG wouldn't replace the T.V. for you or power city. Now power city has to sue LG for a replacement T.V.. I'm sure power city gave you a hard time and legally it was up to them to look after you but if LG replaced the faulty T.V. that they manufactured in the first place you would not have needed to sue power city. It might put me off power city but it would definitely put me off LG for life

• Advertisement

I was window shopping for a 65" 4k t.v.last June. Was in Harvey Normans In swords. Sales guy was all over me like a rash till I told him I wouldn't be buying for another 2weeks. Turned around and he was gone. I bought one 2weeks later but refused to consider Harvey Normans for the purchase. They had their chance.

Yap said try richer sounds price or match sound store they flat out refund and said the 1700 price on the TV they won't move on it at all.

Currys said to me to much of a gap they won't prove then the Manger came over and said OK but will be 3 weeks to get the TV as none in stock.

Sound store said do better then the 1250 he said OK I will go have a look he came back and said 1200 and I said give me delivery and we have a deal he went no problem we have a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Wouldn't bother with a 4k TV that is smaller than 50''.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wouldn't bother with a 4k TV that is smaller than 50''.

Not sure I agree with that...

vOF3KNi.jpg

Uncharted 4 looking pretty amazing on a 40 inch Samsung, if anything my ****ty camera on the phone does not do it justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Yap said try richer sounds price or match sound store they flat out refund and said the 1700 price on the TV they won't move on it at all.

Currys said to me to much of a gap they won't prove then the Manger came over and said OK but will be 3 weeks to get the TV as none in stock.

Sound store said do better then the 1250 he said OK I will go have a look he came back and said 1200 and I said give me delivery and we have a deal he went no problem we have a deal.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

shannon82 wrote: »

How much in Power City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

So they didn't refuse to sell you a tv and you're talking rubbish? They would have sold you a tv, but it wouldn't have been at the price you wanted :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Reati wrote: »
    It's do to with people being obsessed with a diagram that shows at what distance to screen size 4K makes a difference.

Amazingly though, my 4K tv which is short of 50inch people can all see a sharper image with the 4K movies.
    stimpson commented on the price point.

I would expect to notice a difference in playing a movie at 4K rather than 1080p on the same 40" 4K tv. I am not amazed people noticed a difference on yours, and I doubt any posters here would be amazed either.

I think more people are obsessed with pixel rating and picture size, than those obsessed with the diagram you mention.

The point being made is that for the same money you might get a better viewing experience on a 1080p TV (that cost the same) than watching the same film in 4K on a 4K tv at the same price point.

I remember my housemate going out with a set amount of money to get a large tv, and coming home with a 720 50" instead of the smaller size 1080 he had planned on. He was amazed he could get a 50" screen for the same price. Picture was pretty poor though, a decent 50" should have cost a lot more at the time. I still much prefer watching on a 852x680 42" plasma in the house rather than the 50" 720 one..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BDJW wrote: »
    So they didn't refuse to sell you a tv and you're talking rubbish? They would have sold you a tv, but it wouldn't have been at the price you wanted :rolleyes:

They say in their ads this they'll match or beat any competitors price

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    They say in their ads this they'll match or beat any competitors price

Yes but it has to be in ROI & it has to be an advertised price or the price on the price tag. If you bargain down a price in one shop another shops "we'll match anyone else's price" doesn't come into effect

Advertisement