Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Santa Clause becoming an unacceptable figure in this political correct age?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

You lost the bet because you don't understand the difference between Political Correctness and Child Protection.

Here you go.

It was covered in the OP.
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    White, (racial stereotype?), male,(gender stereotype?), overweight, drinks and drives/flies, sneaks into children's bedrooms late at night, gives presents to children, (grooming?).
    Is it only a matter of time before he becomes a victim of the PC brigade?

So if your argument is reduced to the semantics of the OP's use of the phrase 'PC' then you don't really have an argument at all.

Not to mention 'PC' wasn't used in the post about kids being stopped sitting on Santa's knee.

You're wrong, and probably drunk. Time for bed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Not to mention 'PC' wasn't used in the post about kids being stopped sitting on Santa's knee.

Fair point. I concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

White, (racial stereotype?), male,(gender stereotype?), overweight, drinks and drives/flies, sneaks into children's bedrooms late at night, gives presents to children, (grooming?).
    Is it only a matter of time before he becomes a victim of the PC brigade?

Yes it probably is only a matter of time but it's people like you dreaming up ridiculous BS like above that are driving the rest of the saddo's with nothing else going on in their pathetic life's to come up with something to complain about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

learn_more wrote: »
    But if you have a black santa AND a white one, won't even the kids twig that one of them can't be real.

Anyway, how could santa be black when he originates/lives in the f*uckin NORTH POLE. Ever seen a black eskimo?

I've certainly never seen a white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Jesus, I wouldn't let imaginery hypotheticals of insufferable far lefties dictating Santa's image upset you OP.

It'd be a pipe dream of theirs and nothing more. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

neris wrote:
    its happened already. kids dont get to sit on santas knee anymore in a lot of places
    Jesus the serial whingers have to ruin everything don't they!

Being a Santa would attract half the paedo in the area. We know this now do why not act to safeguard children? Or should we never interfere with tradition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Being a Santa would attract half the paedo in the area. We know this now do why not act to safeguard children? Or should we never interfere with tradition?

Pretty sure you have to get Garda clearance as the cousin works in one of the santy places in the local shopping centre and even she had too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Yeah, it's a well known fact that all Santas are paedos. GAA coaches, scout leaders, creche workers, teachers etc. The list is endless. Much drink last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Jesus wept. We're now reduced to complaining that people aren't complaining about an opportunity for political correctness.

It's political incorrectness gone mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

You're on a thread where someone has imagined fictional complaints about Santa to rail against. Who are the serial whingers here? I'd bet good money this thing about not being allowed sit on Santa's lap is also a figment of someone's imagination as well.

Unfortunately it's not, quite a few Santas that I've been to don't allow the knee sitting. There's a stool beside Santa that the kids sit on instead. Not all, the one in Arnotts you can sit on his knee, but then he's actually the real Santa so maybe that's why!

Anyone working with children now has to be Garda vetted, so there are procedures in place to safeguard them. I'm not sure what more you want, really?

Pretty sure you have to get Garda clearance as the cousin works in one of the santy places in the local shopping centre and even she had too

Ha! An opportunity to have hundreds of children come sit on your lap would be noticed by every pervert, person with attraction to children, sexual deviant, etc, in the area. Garda clearance will filter out the ones who have ever been caught/under suspicion - not great odds.

There's no need for the child to sit on a stranger's lap. Do people go around encouraging their children to sit on many stranger's laps or just Santa's lap? (Read the first sentence again).
    Advbrd wrote:
    Yeah, it's a well known fact that all Santas are paedos. GAA coaches, scout leaders, creche workers, teachers etc. The list is endless. Much drink last night?

If you think so, but that's not what I said.

I'm completely sure theose jobs attract paedos at a greater rate than jobs that don't involve children. So we put extra safeguards in place in those jobs -no need for children to sit on Santa's knee. Is logic too PC for you this morning?

Logic is political correctness gone mad - treats stupid people's ideas unfairly

Anyone working with children now has to be Garda vetted, so there are procedures in place to safeguard them. I'm not sure what more you want, really?

If we have learned anything about sexual deviants it's that only a fraction of them ever committ a large-scale harmful crime. Most of the rest of them just fit into society. They used to be the people who grabbed side-boob and made people a bit uncomfortable.

What do I want? Safeguards to acknowledge the fact that most deviants will never show up on Garda clearance. Safeguards like children not sitting on Santa's lap for example.

If we have learned anything about sexual deviants it's that only a fraction of them ever committ a large-scale harmful crime. Most of the rest of them just fit into society. They used to be the people who grabbed side-boob and made people a bit uncomfortable.

What do I want? Safeguards to acknowledge the fact that most deviants will never show up on Garda clearance. Safeguards like children not sitting on Santa's lap for example.

What do you think they do to the kids who sit on their laps with their parents and a couple of elves standing beside them though? I mean they literally sit on the edge of their knee for the time it takes to get a photo.

What do you think they do to the kids who sit on their laps with their parents and a couple of elves standing beside them though? I mean they literally sit on the edge of their knee for the time it takes to get a photo.

Most Santa's do nothing more than the job description. The deviants will always be pushing boundaries to take sexual gratification from the physical contact.

Is sitting on strangers' laps something you would often encourage children to do?

Most Santa's do nothing more than the job description. The deviants will always be pushing boundaries to take sexual gratification from the physical contact.

Is sitting on strangers' laps something you would often encourage children to do?

No just at Christmas :)

No just at Christmas

Glad to hear that. It's a strange enough thing to encourage children to sit on strangers laps at any time of year. At least you're only at it got a few weeks a year.

Small children understand how rules work. Especially when the rules are allpied inconsistently, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given he is Santa as in a saint, and he is dead and 6 feet below rather than at the North Pole...shouldn't people just say the Finnish people are simply pedalling a lie with their Lapland Santa... :p

Glad to hear that. It's a strange enough thing to encourage children to sit on strangers laps at any time of year. At least you're only at it got a few weeks a year.

Small children understand how rules work. Especially when the rules are allpied inconsistently, right?

I'm not so terrified of the world that I would freak out if my kid was to speak to a man I didn't know or even sit on his knee. I'm not likely to let my children be in the company of strangers on their own so what's going to happen them when I'm standing there.

I'm sure you know that statically a child is more likely to be abuse by someone they know than a stranger anyway. Do we tell them never to sit on anyone's knee or how would you deal with that?

• Advertisement

I'm not so terrified of the world that I would freak out if my kid was to speak to a man I didn't know or even sit on his knee. I'm not likely to let my children be in the company of strangers on their own so what's going to happen them when I'm standing there.

Ok you're taking this personally I'm sure you're a wonderful parent, particularly when you're not encouraging your children to give a stranger in a Santa suit a pseudo lapdance.

On a group level it's prudent to remove any realistic opportunities for sexual gratification from the job.
    I'm sure you know that statically a child is more likely to be abuse by someone they know than a stranger anyway. Do we tell them never to sit on anyone's knee or how would you deal with that?
    Why are you so sure sitting on Santa's lap us such an important part of the Santa experience. Is sitting on Santa's lap more important for you or the child?

Strikes me that sitting on Santa's lap is a small part

Ok you're taking this personally I'm sure you're a wonderful parent, particularly when you're not encouraging your children to give a stranger in a Santa suit a pseudo lapdance.

On a group level it's prudent to remove any realistic opportunities for sexual gratification from the job.

Why are you so sure sitting on Santa's lap us such an important part of the Santa experience. Is sitting on Santa's lap more important for you or the child?

:pac:

I haven't taken it personally at all. I just find it odd that people have such a negative view of the world. Psuedo lapdance? Your posts are the ones coming off as personalised and kinda creepy tbh.

I don't think sitting on Santas lap is all that important, I'm just disappointed that the world is getting to a point where we assume the worst of men because of a few bad eggs.

Edit: actually the more I think of you describing a child sitting on someone's knee as a lapdance the more I think that you must have some deep rooted issues there that I'm unlikely to understand. I'm sorry if this discussion has touched a nerve with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Political correctness gone imadginary.

Do you're fine with removing the pap sitting? Why all the song and dance if it's not a problem? Implement the safeguards and be done with it.

I don't think sitting on Santas lap is all that important, I'm just disappointed that the world is getting to a point where we assume the worst of men because of a few bad eggs.

We don't assume the worst unless we're morons. We learn from experience and safeguard.

So you're fine with removing the lap sitting? Why all the song and dance if it's not a problem? Implement the safeguards and be done with it.
    Edit: actually the more I think of you describing a child sitting on someone's knee as a lapdance the more I think that you must have some deep rooted issues there that I'm unlikely to understand. I'm sorry if this discussion has touched a nerve with you.

I studied the psychology of sexual offenders for years. I didn't take the career path in the end. So yes you're right. I do have an understanding of these things that you'll likely never have. Well spotted by you.

I can't get my head around why someone would willingly put their child on a stranger's lap when that behaviour would be rightly seen as shoddy parenting behaviour in any other situation.

A sexual deviant in a Santa suit would be delighted to see your posts so willing to place their children in that deviant's lap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Saipanne wrote: »
    Yeah, no such thing as politically correct nutters. It's not like I've ever met such people in real life. It's not like these people smear their poison all over my social media feed. It's not like their agenda dominates the likes of The Guardian, to the extent that a once great periodical is practically unreadable. The current shift of the working class to the right has nothing to do with the hijacking of the left by middle class identity politics.

No, none of this is happening. Trump, Brexit, Wilders, Le Pen. It's all because "racists" have magically just appeared out of nowhere. What worries me the most is not this rise of the right, it's the lefts inability to acknowledge the reasons why.

Merry Christmas. :)

+ 9987452364592876.

I think I'll print that off and stick it up at work. Might waken up a few dozy SJW's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Saipanne wrote: »
    Yeah, no such thing as politically correct nutters. It's not like I've ever met such people in real life. It's not like these people smear their poison all over my social media feed. It's not like their agenda dominates the likes of The Guardian, to the extent that a once great periodical is practically unreadable. The current shift of the working class to the right has nothing to do with the hijacking of the left by middle class identity politics.

No, none of this is happening. Trump, Brexit, Wilders, Le Pen. It's all because "racists" have magically just appeared out of nowhere. What worries me the most is not this rise of the right, it's the lefts inability to acknowledge the reasons why.

Merry Christmas. :)

Spot on.

And Merry Christmas to you

We don't assume the worst unless we're morons. We learn from experience and safeguard.

So you're fine with removing the lap sitting? Why all the song and dance if it's not a problem? Implement the safeguards and be done with it.

I studied the psychology of sexual offenders for years. I didn't take the career path in the end. So yes you're right. I do have an understanding of these things that you'll likely never have. Well spotted by you.

I can't get my head around why someone would willingly put their child on a stranger's lap when that behaviour would be rightly seen as shoddy parenting behaviour in any other situation.

A sexual deviant in a Santa suit would be delighted to see your posts so willing to place their children in that deviant's lap.

Oh God I better delete all my posts.

I'd say there's Santas lining up outside my house already looking for a lapdance :(

:p

Seriously dude. Chill out! You'll give yourself a coronary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Is Santa Clause becoming an unacceptable figure in this political correct age?

NO

We all love Santa just the way he is ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

I was always a bit confused when Santy got his c0ck out in Clearys. Wasn't sure what to do. The Dudes posts have me now wondering what ancient Christmas memories might I be repressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Taking it way too seriously dude. If a kid wants to sit on Santa's lap for two minutes once a year in full view of parents, other staff etc what is the problem?

Advertisement