Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watcha get from "Santa"??

Options
  • 25-12-2016 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

Shag all this 'giving' palava... Christmas is about getting stuff and you all know it! So watcha get?

I got:

Nothing yet. I'm an adult and live alone and Santa doesn't do ineligible bachelors apparently. Racist!

But will update post later when I attend a family gathering. Fooking better be something good.

Part of me hopes I get the same gift as I got when I was 7. An Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle!!

Most likely everyone will get me Springsteen's autobiography. If so, will post links to my Adverts account where you can get your own copy of the book signed by After Hour's Outlaw Pete for a one time price offer of €59.95 (price does not include shipping).

Yes, I have been drinking and no I won't be driving. Now answer the question, if you can remember it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

absolutely nothing. Because some members of the family are tight of money this year we've decided not to give presents except for the kids.

I'm actually ok with it. I really don't feel like I'm missing out at all. Which is strange because I thought I'd feel completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

My mam got me my usual assortment of Simpsons and superheroes pyjamas and lounge wear. She's been buying them for me all my life. I'm 32 now and they just keep coming. This year's highlight is an Incredible Hulk two-piece.

My mam's gifts still contain the fun and playfulness of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Pickpocket wrote: »
    My mam got me my usual assortment of Simpsons and superheroes pyjamas and lounge wear. She's been buying them for me all my life. I'm 32 now and they just keep coming. This year's highlight is an Incredible Hulk two-piece.

Aren't Mammy's great. I'm at the in-laws this year but my mom still sent me down with my Christmas stocking for the morning. Wasn't allowed open it until Christmas morning of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

bee06 wrote: »
    Aren't Mammy's great. I'm at the in-laws this year but my mom still sent me down with my Christmas stocking for the morning. Wasn't allowed open it until Christmas morning of course.

That's lovely. Mam's are absolutely great. They're a boss, a bodyguard and a best friend all rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Pickpocket wrote: »

Love this post.

The kind of thing you feel sheepish getting but would miss if she ever stopped. I thought mine had missed the selection box last year and even though I rarely eat chocolate and goes in the fridge for months I missed it. Found it later though buried under other stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

An Easons book voucher, Sugar Ray Leonard's autobiography and a GoPro Hero.. Oh, and a hangover!.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

An ulcer.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Pickpocket wrote:

I'm 30 and devastated my mas not getting me PJs this year, she always gets the comfiest ones too. Getting cash, so that's a bonus, but still!

I'm afraid of the answer but why is Santa in quotation marks? :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Clothes, beers and a trip to Madrid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I got myself Springsteen autobiography and a Michael Harding book, had the kids wrap them and put them under the tree for me to open this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Nothing will ever replace that Evel knievel stunt cycle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My Goddaughter got me a personalised Xmas mug with our pic on it 🤗 And a travel manicure set- badly needed

Mum got me towels and coal
    My godmother got me Xmas decs (building my collection yr4) and scratchies

Nan got me a Dunnes card and secret Santa got me the new Lions Polo shirt!

Love them!

Oh, I got myself a new MacBook Air (and gave my old one to my sis!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nothing yet.
    I usually buy what I want so Christmas presents don't really matter, it is more a symbol of love and caring than anything else at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

A black eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Collie D wrote: »
    I'm afraid of the answer but why is Santa in quotation marks? :(

It should be Saint (Santa) Nicholas (Claus) and he is reported to be buried in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The missus got three gift sized bath products and a set of towels from her mam. Hilariously ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Not Christmas if you don't come out of it without a black eye, a restraining order, and having your Christmas dinner through a tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

A retro Paisley shirt that would make your eyes bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

At the grand old age of 23 I got the usual - pyjamas, fluffy socks, chocolate, lego and perfume. Loving life!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Slippers. I actually asked for them. I think this means I am officially old.

I love slippers. No way does it make you old. I've got a lovely comfy pair of John Rocha ones which are still going strong three years on but this year's are mock-up hightop runner things..very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I dropped hints for slippers to EVERYONE, didn't get any :(

(size 11 if anyone has any left over :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

An electric toothbrush. I asked for Jenga!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nintendo classic mini.

I knew it was there months ago, but my son didn't know that I knew. He was more excited about giving me that than his own presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bf got me a vintage canon camera. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nintendo classic mini.

I knew it was there months ago, but my son didn't know that I knew. He was more excited about giving me that than his own presents.

Aww, that's so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Satriale wrote: »
    Nothing will ever replace that Evel knievel stunt cycle...

There's this ad saying the competitors are prehistoric.
    https://i.imgur.com/gHkJG.jpg

Advertisement