Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,030 ✭✭✭✭unkel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are the batteries owned or leased on Zoes?

Pretty sure all Zoe 40kWh and 50kWh sold in Ireland are battery owned.

The older ones can be either, but are mostly battery lease. Do not buy a battery lease EV, it's a stupid choice unless the car is extremely cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Pretty sure all Zoe 40kWh and 50kWh sold in Ireland are battery owned.

The older ones can be either, but are mostly battery lease. Do not buy a battery lease EV, it's a stupid choice unless the car is extremely cheap.
    It is stupid, agree.
    The UK still sold ZE40 with the lease, if they are imported here they are leased.

I think (could be wrong) that the ZE50 has no more lease option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB6H10EFP54009

£30,000 S85

71,282 miles

Used Vehicle Limited Warranty
    1 year / 10,000 miles

Key Features
    Blue Metallic Paint
    19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
    Multi-Pattern Black Seats
    Autopilot with convenience features
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Keyless Entry
    Power Liftgate
    GPS Enabled Homelink
    Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
    Standard Headliner

Somebody grab that quickly!

VIN not on EV-CPO though, that's a bit strange. I'm sure you checked that yourself already :p

Facelift 2016 75 for GBP37k is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

jhegarty wrote: »

£30,000 S85

71,282 miles

1 year / 10,000 miles

Key Features
    Blue Metallic Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Keyless Entry
    Power Liftgate
    GPS Enabled Homelink
    Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
    Standard Headliner

That's the same one that was up last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Somebody grab that quickly!

VIN not on EV-CPO though, that's a bit strange. I'm sure you checked that yourself already :p

Facelift 2016 75 for GBP37k is pretty decent too.

https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB6H10EFP54009&lang=en&measuring=km
    Originally listed at 32900. At 3k less it's a bargain alright.

I can't believe it's still there. I guess everyone in the UK is preparing for a brutal Brexit recession and everyone here on boards who wanted a Tesla Model S, has got one now :p

that scout is a great site.

I see my car lost £5k in list price in 1 month before I bought it!!

Mine depreciated €36k in the 3 years before I bought it. Nothing much left to depreciate for me worst case scenario if the car is a write off, the batteries alone will be still be worth at least 50% of what I paid for the car even several years from now :D

Despite the name of this thread, EV bargains like yours don't come up often.

• Advertisement

No. The good thing is that there are at least a few people regularly scouting the usual places for EV bargains and mentioning them on this thread. So anyone in the market for an EV (at any price), to keep a close eye on this thread would be a good idea.

On that topic, I like this X with free supercharging

This early S with the emmc upgrade looks good too

Pretty decent deal on the X at GBP48.5k asking, although no AP1 is mentioned? You driven one yet? I didn't like it.

GBP29k for a 240k km 2014 Model S in a private sale with no warranty and no AP1 is not so good imho :p

The eMMC job is now only costing hundreds, not thousands from Tesla itself, so wouldn't have the same importance it once had.

I havent driven an X yet but I'm in Sandyford on Monday so am hoping for one then. I asked for an X on the phone and they said that should be ok.

The free SuC makes it a good deal. There is also a 49k P100DL model X listed with free SuC but it's already sold. That was a better deal again. You'd get a lot more use out of free SuC with an X, given the shorter range and crap (for Tesla) efficiency

Aye but unless there is a SuC near you, the savings from free supercharging are immaterial compared to say finance cost and depreciation :D

Even if the free SuC is installed at your house and you power your house for free from your car all year round, it's still a minimal saving :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

jhegarty wrote: »

£30,000 S85

71,282 miles

1 year / 10,000 miles

Key Features
    Blue Metallic Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Keyless Entry
    Power Liftgate
    GPS Enabled Homelink
    Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
    Standard Headliner

And its gone... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

Make sure you get a longer drive in the X. When I first got in thought it was horrendously big and wasn’t really comfortable responsive etc. I managed to get a weekend test and by the end of the weekend was hooked.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    I havent driven an X yet but I'm in Sandyford on Monday so am hoping for one then. I asked for an X on the phone and they said that should be ok.

The free SuC makes it a good deal. There is also a 49k P100DL model X listed with free SuC but it's already sold. That was a better deal again. You'd get a lot more use out of free SuC with an X, given the shorter range and crap (for Tesla) efficiency

It is big, same width as a hummer, not much narrower than a Dublin bus :p

But that didn't bother me. I didn't like the higher driving position and higher centre of gravity compared to Model S. I drove the current Performance model X, but it felt far less responsive than my 2014 S Performance

I guess if you need to carry 7 full size people or just need the loading size or need to pull a trailer and want a Tesla, you have no other choice. But it wouldn't be for me.

Did you get an X or do you still have your S?

Yes it’s really not the same as the S driving position etc etc. Carting around 3 little ones all in car seats with their junk a six seater is ideal and helps the back getting them in and out. Have had an X since March 2019 and its great (although not a fan of AP2).
    It is big, same width as a hummer, not much narrower than a Dublin bus :p

But that didn't bother me. I didn't like the higher driving position and higher centre of gravity compared to Model S. I drove the current Performance model X, but it felt far less responsive than my 2014 S Performance

I guess if you need to carry 7 full size people or just need the loading size or need to pull a trailer and want a Tesla, you have no other choice. But it wouldn't be for me.

Did you get an X or do you still have your S?

Maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but did you not have a Model S performance for sale a few months ago? Or maybe you kept that car as well as the Model X? :)

• Advertisement

Yes the P85D ludicrous. I keep planning to sell it and get something smaller but this time my petrol head neighbour convinced me to keep it. Not ideal time to be selling and sure you only live once so may as well enjoy it!!
    Maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but did you not have a Model S performance for sale a few months ago? Or maybe you kept that car as well as the Model X? :)

Smck1983 wrote: »
    Make sure you get a longer drive in the X. When I first got in thought it was horrendously big and wasn’t really comfortable responsive etc. I managed to get a weekend test and by the end of the weekend was hooked.
    I'll have it for a few days as my S is in for some work

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011035746292

Not sure if we can call these bargains anymore as private seller 2014 S85s with AP under 30k GBP are becoming common. Still not a bad deal if you can bargain him down to below 29k. Wouldn't have hurt to put up more photos though.

Pretty decent deal and remember after next month, these cars will not be available to buy any more. Unless you want to pay €10k VAT and import duty

Also the €3k MCU1 replacement cloud hanging over a car bought privately without warranty is now just a €500 (or so) cloud, cheaper than changing the tyres. The door handles are replaced with free labour, CCS conversion is effectively now half price

These cars at sub GBP30k with AP1 (or a couple grand less without AP1) are every bit as good a bargain now as they were at the start of the year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Basically the same as my S, fully loaded so not missing any extras.
    Great price with AP

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Indeed. AP, dual chargers, air sus, sub-zero package and a lot of other warranty repairs/upgrades.
    I would buy it if I were in the market (TM)

You cannot beat the dual chargers!! With CCS and dual chargers makes it one of the most versatile cars for charging!!

Dual charging at 22kW for free now while I do my shopping

I'll be paying 2k for the privilege early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'll be paying 2k for the privilege early next week.

I reckon unkel would have ripped out his dual chargers & fitted them to your Model S for a hell of a lot less than that :D.

unkel, you missed a trick - you could have downgraded from 22kW to 11kW charging & pocketed €1,500 :).

I could never see the justification for such a large outlay for that upgrade, but each to their own & you seem to have the head somewhat screwed on, apart from your desire to acquire a large, multi cylinder US diesel behemoth :D.

Advertisement