Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What exactly is Dermot going to jail for? And how come half of Carrigstown won't be implicated?? Niamey, Wayne, Orla, Robbietc, Castle, Jane, that yank idiot, Callus etc

Are we meant to believe he is stupid enough to take all the responsibility, especially given the fact he has kids. There are plenty of alleviating circumstances which would make it a relatively shorter sentence than they are saying it's going to be

An agonising blast from the past! The love octagon! The Scottish viewers are enduring this at the moment! Remember wierdo Nurse Bronagh! And Dan's sulky bubbling face!

https://twitter.com/WeAreSTV2/status/883276861765300224

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm calling Paul not pressing any charges against Dermish in a bid to win Niamh back and show he has a heart

I'm calling Paul not pressing any charges against Dermish in a bid to win Niamh back and show he has a heart

What he did was criminal, it isn't a tort or party v party case, per se.

Paul can then sue him on the back of it.

Was there even an investigation into Dermot's crime? I thought Dermot went on the run because Paul was about to find out. I genuinely can't remember the full line of events? Niamh would have had to tell Paul her part in it all which, by reporting Dermot, would have automatically implicated her??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Was there even an investigation into Dermot's crime? I thought Dermot went on the run because Paul was about to find out. I genuinely can't remember the full line of events? Niamh would have had to tell Paul her part in it all which, by reporting Dermot, would have automatically implicated her??

That's what I was thinking when the caps arrived last night,looking for Dermish. Yet, a member of the public spotted and photographed him at the traffic lights, so obviously Interpol and the FBI were involved in the search. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The whole thing is a nonsense. Dermot wouldn't just be accused of stealing a wallet belonging to Paul containing a couple of grand in a 'he says, she says' scenario. For this to go to trial would mean there would have to be a lengthy investigation and a complex paper trail unearthed (we're talking about the theft of many hundreds of thousands of Euros after all), most of which would indicate that Niamh and perhaps others must have been involved.

The idea that Dermot tells the detectives "It was all me and I was operating alone" and that's the end of the matter is just laughable. There would be numerous examples of bank transactions, emails, texts etc contradicting his claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Strazdas wrote: »
    The whole thing is a nonsense. Dermot wouldn't just be accused of stealing a wallet belonging to Paul containing a couple of grand in a 'he says, she says' scenario. For this to go to trial would mean there would have to be a lengthy investigation and a complex paper trail unearthed (we're talking about the theft of many hundreds of thousands of Euros after all), most of which would indicate that Niamh and perhaps others must have been involved.

The idea that Dermot tells the detectives "It was all me and I was operating alone" and that's the end of the matter is just laughable. There would be numerous examples of bank transactions, emails, texts etc contradicting his claims.

Ahhhh - but you must have missed the part of "The Plan" that hid every shred of that evidence?

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Ahhhh - but you must have missed the part of "The Plan" that hid every shred of that evidence?

The whole of Carrigstown knows that Niamh stole Paul's money (including Paul himself) but somehow this info has eluded the cops :D

Also, surely they would be pretty suspicious as to the reason why he gave Jane, a woman he barely knows, a gaf before leaving!

Oh, and can someone explain why The station was their first port of call to try search for him?!

"Someone spotted him on the road (Oh, sure would you look Jimmy, there the car beside us, That is that famous fugitive Dermot Fahy, you know the blaggard that has been all over the news for pressing a button on his laptop ...I will phone him in to the "caps" immediately), we found his car burnt out (Dermot made a getaway in Pauls car, not sure he even has a car), so do you mind if we search your pub"??

And then there was the "We would also like to search his own house" which prompted the glorious reply from Jane "Sure, why would he go there" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Followed by Niamh's "Please don't search the pub, search my house, he might be there"
    At least the "cap" responded with a justifiably bewildered "why would he be in your house"?

It was a god awful scene!!

They could also have someone wait around the Station whilst they applied for a Search warrant, given it is a public space.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Oisin know the truth yet?

When him and Caddle are back from their 5 month break they will be informed. He is currently frozen in the Pod, while Caddle is frozen outside The Station with a fag and on the phone to Orla to tell her to mind Jack AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Butting in here with a stupid Q. I haven't tuned into FC in over a year since the whole Katie thing started, but have been following here for the chuckle factor.

I saw last nights ep and Dermot looked perfectly fine. I thought he was supposed to be on Deaths Door?

Butting in here with a stupid Q. I haven't tuned into FC in over a year since the whole Katie thing started, but have been following here for the chuckle factor.

I saw last nights ep and Dermot looked perfectly fine. I thought he was supposed to be on Deaths Door?

First of all he was told his condition was fatal and beyond help.

A few weeks later he more or less ordered a takeaway liver and got it quicker than you would get your Chinese delivered on an average Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

All I know is... Hannibal from the A-Team Dermish is not and never will be.

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

While it's bad at times this thread would have you believe it's a lot worse which in itself can be entertaining. There was even somebody complaining about the type of cry from the baby was wrong for the age it's supposed to be

That was me and it's a fairly basic thing to get right for anybody with the most basic knowledge of babies/children. It's just lazy and sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They should have got Ellie to do the voice over for the crying.

nagdefy wrote: »
    That was me and it's a fairly basic thing to get right for anybody with the most basic knowledge of babies/children. It's just lazy and sloppy.

No lie, I genuinely thought it sounded like a kitten or young cat wailing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

nagdefy wrote: »

I totally agree. It stood out as all wrong for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I take it the new garage will be built almost over night and then Wayne will do something disastrous with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

happyday wrote: »
    I totally agree. It stood out as all wrong for me too.

Yes i'd say if they 'youtubed' a 1 year old and a few months crying they'd find something:)

That child must be well over a year and starting to crawl/walk but looks like 2 months old in the pram!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Speaking of children when did we last see Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seriously where is Orla and Oisin, thought Orla would take Ben and send him back to Jo, who probably would have flown over for to take him herself back to America

What they should do with Jack is have him a character we never ever see but is referenced a lot forever (like a close proximity Aunt Kitty) . At least there would be a subtle comedic element to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

No point in asking Caddle. She probably can't even remember his name never mind where he is.

When did Pete get so annoying

He always was grumpy, but never to this extent. He almost had an affair with Lucy, I recall, or at least she tried to. He seemed very bitter around all that, I then remember him being the only one to cop on about her being this stalker type but NOONE would believe him, only Laura? Dolores nearly (or may have) thrown him out of the house/flat. Lucy started to convince Wayne and even Dolly that Pete was just a gold digger and Dolly calls off their engagement.
    In the end Pete was the hero of the story but he was developing into a very frustrated man

I think he lost his job then and relied on Dolores as a bread winner. Then Dolly lost all her money and began bag packing in Spar.

I remember his vitriole towards Wayne and since then, I don't think he has smiled. Even when Dolores had the cancer he made it about him a lot.

Working with Damo always resulted in rows like every other time a business venture between two residents begins. See Dan and Laura etc

Then all the stuff with Neil, the stuff with The Don etc and now Jake.

The one time he tries to make a legitimate light joke, he is called a flaming rabid racist, so he probably thinks, what is the point being happy in life.

I get the impression they're angling for a split between himself and Dolores. There seems to be a bit of tension between them and snide remarks.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I get the impression they're angling for a split between himself and Dolores. There seems to be a bit of tension between them and snide remarks.

The Ram and Dolly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Did Damien and Pete just close the shop? Must have missed that episode / storyline dragged out over 16 million episodes

• Advertisement

vkid wrote: »
    Did Damien and Pete just close the shop? Must have missed that episode / storyline dragged out over 16 million episodes

The contract with EXPERT was pulled but it wasn't referenced in the show at all. They just went on like nothing happened afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement