Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I better off walking

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

...__... wrote:
    Out of curiosity did you contact her again or did she eventually reply saying sorry?

She replied saying sorry,but I think only because she was losing her grip.

Her first sorry wasn't really great just a mere, what's your problem ? kinda thing.....
    Until I said fine I'm out of here the whole sorry yada yada started....

Nesser wrote:
    If I were you I'd give her an ultimatium. Tell her you want to spend New Years with her in Spain or its over. Letting it hang till next year to "see how it goes" would be a big mistake .

I've no passport,have to renew it and have other commitments around then.

Anyhow I've loads of friends to rely on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Nesser

I've no passport,have to renew it and have other commitments around then.

Anyhow I've loads of friends to rely on.

No need to tell her that though. Her response to your request will bring you closure and let you move on if she says no. If she says yes make your excuses and you can keep it on hold till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Nesser wrote: »
    No need to tell her that though. Her response to your request will bring you closure and let you move on if she says no. If she says yes make your excuses and you can keep it on hold till next year.

How can you be mad at someone for playing games and then pull this sh*t?

Don't do this OP, you won't win if you start playing games and you won't be happy either.

Walk away if that's what your gut is telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Nesser wrote: »
    If I were you I'd give her an ultimatium. Tell her you want to spend New Years with her in Spain or its over.

That is a pretty mental thing to say (bluff or not). They are only dating a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

She replied saying sorry,but I think only because she was losing her grip.

Her first sorry wasn't really great just a mere, what's your problem ? kinda thing.....
    Until I said fine I'm out of here the whole sorry yada yada started....

yea a day later after letting your brain stew over it
    to be honest Its already causing you enough stress to post about it here
    Id chalk this down to experience and walk away.

Heading off again next week after only being there OK Im all for holidays but when does that leave any time for a relationship?

I think and its only personal now if two people start going out and one goes off on holidays soon after the relationship tend to fizzle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

She's heading back to Spain for the New Year celebrations.

I wonder why :rolleyes:

Whatever you decide with this woman keep your options open.

Emme wrote:
    I wonder why

Emme wrote:
    Whatever you decide with this woman keep your options open.

Exactly I think I think I smell a stink lol

I'm better off enjoying my Christmas,you see this happened me before and I came out the bad end of it.

Usually they set a trap to test you,then u react,next thing you're the jealous possessive one...

That's when the gas lighting start's...

Google Gas Lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

You are only with her a wet day.You have no right to demand anything.All women in or not in a relationship play silly games.Just laugh it off and move on.SHes obviously into you if shes texting you from abroad.
    Just enjoy yourself here,let her enjoy herself and then see how it goes in the new year.
    MAybe when you are with her a long time and committed then ask to go away with her.
    Don't listen to the advice on boards,if someone is with someone that sneezes everyones reaction is 'just break up with them'...its so easy for them as they have no time emotions invested in these relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

To be honest OP, it sounds like you already have the measure of this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Exactly I think I think I smell a stink lol

I'm better off enjoying my Christmas,you see this happened me before and I came out the bad end of it.

Usually they set a trap to test you,then u react,next thing you're the jealous possessive one...

That's when the gas lighting start's...

Google Gas Lighting

If your gut is telling you she's "Gas Lighting" you then you need to call it a day, or do you like the drama?

davmol wrote:
    You are only with her a wet day.You have no right to demand anything.All women in or not in a relationship play silly games.Just laugh it off and move on.SHes obviously into you if shes texting you from abroad. Just enjoy yourself here,let her enjoy herself and then see how it goes in the new year. MAybe when you are with her a long time and committed then ask to go away with her. Don't listen to the advice on boards,if someone is with someone that sneezes everyones reaction is 'just break up with them'...its so easy for them as they have no time emotions invested in these relationships.

Not all women play game's.
    I'll be honest a lot of people are into people but not really into them.

Yes were seeing each other a few weeks,but sending any one whether you're with them a week or a lifetime a picture of three very attractive fit guys and you're having the craic with them is a bad sign,my reply was "looks like you're enjoying yourself" it was read and no reply....
    Even though she was updating her instagram through out the day lol
    Yes she's entitled to do as she pleases,so am I entitled to put up with what I please...

I wouldn't do that to anyone I'd be seeing,its bad manners...and not very attractive.

Maybe if I was desperate and kicked I'd cling on to it,but I respect myself too much,and respect her enough to let her go and meet a guy who's a knuckle dragger and not very emotionaly intelligent....

Thanks everyone for the good honest feedback, I walked away....
    She got a bit personal but she'll be ok.

Advertisement