Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clermont Auvergne v Ulster (Sky Sports 4 KO 3.05pm)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Stheno wrote: »
    Deliberate or accidental from what i could make out

If he thought that was a headbutt he needs his eyes checked...

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

awec wrote:
    My point is that people keep going on about how ulster should have spoken to player x, y or z.

awec wrote:
    Always assuming that they didn't speak to them, forgetting that these lads may have no interest in moving there.

I gave examples of players who should be targeted you are the one making assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

held up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Awful calls from the ref there. High tackle, and knee down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Much and all as I enjoy the Nucifora-Ulster conversation I'm resolutely determined to remain positive today. Maybe it's the festive spirit or the renewal in fortunes of the Pro12 in Europe, who knows.

This game is irrelevant. Who cares what happens. 9 points in the last 2 games is the target now for Ulster. They can do that. We can get 4 provinces into the QFs.

YES WE CAN!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Try for bowe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Try from a a maul think Herring? 28-14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nucifora's half time words of wisdom inspiring Ulster to a potential losing bonus point!

Jesus, go on Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Nucifora's half time words of wisdom inspiring Ulster to a potential losing bonus point!

Gis two of them please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Here's Marshall. Game over :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MORE LIKE IT

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Here's Marshall. Game over :(

Try bowe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

These subsitutions are weird. But f me they are working..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Marshall. SMH

Missed conversion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Marshall with an instant impact off the bench! Passing to the right player twice!

****ing hell. Game on. Sublime feed to the scrum by Marshall to create it all.

Clermont getting Nucifora'd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Clermont are always good value for a choke. Game on.

• Advertisement

Replacement clermont hooker is goosed atm

Rodney Ah You is the laziest prop playing in Ireland since Tony Buckley

Brainless by jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Ah Paddy, yellow yes but harsh enough with penalty try also

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Never a penalty try. That shouldve gone upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Surprised the referee even needed to speak to his assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Larbre34 wrote:

On the try line, no defender outside of Jackson, attacker just had to catch and fall over the line. Its a clear penalty try.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PJ Maybe

Bazzo wrote: »
    WTF was the tmo looking for there? There's contact between the head of the red player and the head of the blue player... ok?

He did say head but I assumed he'd meant hand. The replay shown as the ref is replying to that looks to me like Blue 4 has Red 3 held around the jaw, looks down then moves his hand to the eye area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Larbre34 wrote: »

It couldn't have been more of a penalty try. Jackson was just waiting for the nod. He knew it and was ready to jog off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

For all the talk of Pienaar we need a big ball carrier. If losing Pienaar allows us to bring in an adequate scrum half (see John Cooney), and a top class destructive ball carrier then I don't think we'll be that much worse.

However if we can't sign an adequate 9 (nobody can make Cooney move) or a top class ball carrying second row (the chat is we aren't allowed another NIQ) then we're ****ed...

The first half today was embarrassing. The second half was better. I still think we CAN sneak out of the pool, but it may mean 2 bonus point wins or at the very very very least one BP win and a regular pointer to get us to 18.

Advertisement