Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free christmas gift for existing Sky customers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Never got the email? Anyone in the same boat?

Signed in and requested the voucher a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Never got the email? Anyone in the same boat?

Signed in and requested the voucher a few days ago.

Yeah never got anything. PM'd the sky reps on the talk to sky Ireland forum here and Stephen sorted it out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

just redeemed mine on 3 rentals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

You will need to connect your Sky box to your broadband if you haven't already done so. There should be a box in the top picks section with "thank you" and a picture of a present which you should download. Box sets should appear then. Have to say I'm surprised with the amount of content available. Thanks OP.

Did that last night was watching band of brothers haven't watched it in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Still getting the oops message here :( Emailed them at the start of the week and heard nothing back :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Just a quick warning.....

It would appear that if you "rent" a film rather than "Buy and Keep", it won't be viewable on your Skybox, but rather it will only be viewable on your Laptop, etc....

From Sky Forum:

SkyStore.com is a different service to the Sky Store that you receive through your Sky Box.

SkyStore.com allows both Sky and non-Sky customer's to rent movies on the following devices:
    PC/Mac/Laptop
    NOW TV/Roku Box
    YouView Box
    If you have any of the above devices you'll be able to view the movie that you rented from SkyStore.com on them. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to transfer the movie from your SkyStore.com account to your Sky Box as they don't use the same operating platform.

If you need any further help with this, you can give us a shout at SkyStore.com by Live Chat or email via our Contact Us page: www.skystore.com/contact. Our Live Chat service is available 10am - 10pm, 7 days a week.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Claire
    Community Coordinator
    SkyStore.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

hjr wrote: »

It would appear that if you "rent" a film rather than "Buy and Keep", it won't be viewable on your Skybox, but rather it will only be viewable on your Laptop, etc....

Oops:)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Oops indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

jellybear wrote: »
    Still getting the oops message here :( Emailed them at the start of the week and heard nothing back :(

Ring them up, they will give it to you straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do they sent out the dvd with this offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do they sent out the dvd with this offer?

They certainly do. I ordered High Rise yesterday, downloaded it to the box and received a confirmation email stating the DVD was in the post and estimated arrival date.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I think I might have done this wrong. I redeemed my voucher online last week and bought a movie on the box. I think this offer might be only through the website. The purchase I made on the box does show up on the website (as available to watch) but my credit is still at €16.99. Anyone have any experience with this? Can you contact sky and get it 'fixed' so that it doesn't come off my bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

hjr wrote: »

From Sky Forum:

SkyStore.com is a different service to the Sky Store that you receive through your Sky Box.

SkyStore.com allows both Sky and non-Sky customer's to rent movies on the following devices:
    PC/Mac/Laptop
    NOW TV/Roku Box
    YouView Box
    If you have any of the above devices you'll be able to view the movie that you rented from SkyStore.com on them. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to transfer the movie from your SkyStore.com account to your Sky Box as they don't use the same operating platform.

If you need any further help with this, you can give us a shout at SkyStore.com by Live Chat or email via our Contact Us page: www.skystore.com/contact. Our Live Chat service is available 10am - 10pm, 7 days a week.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Claire
    Community Coordinator
    SkyStore.com

It seems there's an expiry date on the vouchers, as i got an email:

You’ll need to use your voucher code by Saturday 31st December 2016.

How to use your voucher
    1. REDEEM - Sign in to skystore.com/redeem and enter your voucher code.
    If you don’t have a Sky ID, you’ll need to create one
    2. CHOOSE - Choose the movie you would like to buy and keep
    3. WATCH - Select ‘Send to Sky Box’ to watch on your TV

You can find more information at sky.com/thankyou

Although does the ‘Send to Sky Box’ contradictable now?

The voucher needs to be redeemed by the 31st but does anyone know if you redeem it and your credit balance is 16.99 can you hold this for longer or must it be spent by the 31st also? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

It seems there's an expiry date on the vouchers, as i got an email:

Although does the ‘Send to Sky Box’ contradictable now?

Ive redeemed the voucher but want to buy a uhd movie... They dont seem to be listed on the sky store app?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

Nature Boy wrote: »
    I think I might have done this wrong. I redeemed my voucher online last week and bought a movie on the box. I think this offer might be only through the website. The purchase I made on the box does show up on the website (as available to watch) but my credit is still at €16.99. Anyone have any experience with this? Can you contact sky and get it 'fixed' so that it doesn't come off my bill?

The same thing happened me, I've made 2 purchases so far and my account credit hasn't been touched, does it take a few days to take the credit off your account or is it just a gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

DCD162 wrote: »
    The same thing happened me, I've made 2 purchases so far and my account credit hasn't been touched, does it take a few days to take the credit off your account or is it just a gimmick?

I think you have to purchase through the website as per instructions in the email I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

I'm delighted with this!
    I was at home last night actually wishing I had subscribed to Box Sets as there was nothing on TV...and now I have it :D

Thanks very much OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Seems though the Box set access is limited. Went to look at Legends of Korra (Nickelodeon) and got told I needed to upgrade my subscription. Seems that if I'm not subscribed to the Kids pack which Nick is part of, I don't get access to their boxsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Does box sets mean half seasons of some shows? Looking for suits but seems to be only a few episodes available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Anyone find a €1 movie? Bought two star wars movies for...Eh the young lad ;) but have €1.01 left which will annoy me....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Nanoc wrote: »
    Anyone find a €1 movie? Bought two star wars movies for...Eh the young lad ;) but have €1.01 left which will annoy me....

Our young lads have a lot in common! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

U must order online not via box. Sky will charge u for rental and not use ur voucher. Happened to me so I rang sky they said nothing could be done but I contacted sky on boards and they sorted it for me. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Great find OP. I found the whole process of redeeming the voucher way more complicated than it should have been. Only for I got the instructions on what to do I would have made the same mistake as others and ordered the movies from the sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

Deisler wrote: »
    U must order online not via box. Sky will charge u for rental and not use ur voucher. Happened to me so I rang sky they said nothing could be done but I contacted sky on boards and they sorted it for me. Very annoying.

Ah ya sur I fell straight in to their trap and now owe them €30 but on the plus side I did use up 2 vouchers as well so I won't complain! One purchase was Suits season 5 which I could be waiting a long time for Netflix to start showing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ah ya sur I fell straight in to their trap and now owe them €30 but on the plus side I did use up 2 vouchers as well so I won't complain! One purchase was Suits season 5 which I could be waiting a long time for Netflix to start showing!

So you can't use for uhd movies then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Got the breaking bad complete boxset €17 plus voucher... Nice one...ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Was a great deal asked for one on the 16th of December and got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

rustynutz wrote: »
    Great find OP. I found the whole process of redeeming the voucher way more complicated than it should have been.....

Those with a suspicious mind might wonder if Sky set it up this way on purpose, to reduce the amount of vouchers ultimately used while also generating some additional income :confused:;)

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gillamandango

Was due a voucher, emailed them twice, no reply, no voucher. left a bad taste in my mouth to be fair.

Advertisement