Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free christmas gift for existing Sky customers

Options
  • 16-12-2016 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Saw this on hukd, should work for Irish customers as well

https://secure.sky.com/thankyou
    Original and Variety customers, who have connected boxes, will get access to Box Sets (Standard definition and in line with their current subscription) for three months and, customers who already have Box Sets or a non-connected box, receive a Sky Store voucher worth £13.99/€16.99 to spend on a movie of their choice.

Customers with Sky Sports - Enjoy a Sky Store movie on us this Christmas
    Your Christmas gift from Sky is a £13.99 / €16.99 Sky Store voucher.

It allows you to buy one of the latest movie releases, which you can keep forever. No catches.

How will I get my voucher?
    Look out for an email or letter from Sky which will contain your voucher plus further information about your gift.

If you don’t subscribe to Sky Sports, we'll send you an email with a new gift within two working days.

Your voucher can be redeemed as soon as you receive it, up until Saturday 31 December 2016.

You’ll find everything from recent premieres, like Finding Dory, to festive favourites, such as Home Alone, to add to your collection.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at Sky.

Customers without Sky Sports - We'll send you an email with a new gift within two working days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got 3 months box sets for free.

They couldn't be bothered giving the HD versions unless you have a HD sub already though. Talk about trying to entice potential customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Signed in and got a "Oops there appears to be a problem".....anyone else get this?

Edit.......thinking about this I'm just wondering if you have to have been a sky customer for a certain number of months / years to get this offer......funny thing is I've been a Sky customer for the past 14 years but upgraded to Sky Q last month...which obviously means the start of a new contract...could this mean that in Sky's eyes I'm a "new customer" and therefore not entitled to this offer? I've posted the question on the Sky Forum...anyone else recently upgraded etc and able to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Decoda wrote: »
    Signed in and got a "Oops there appears to be a problem".....anyone else get this?

Worked fine here just now... thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

yip.

i only signed up last night in their 19euro flash sale. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭ratracer

Nice one, worked for me!! Ta OP;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Got a €16.99 buy and keep movie voucher :)

Thanks a million kenjataimu

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Edit.......thinking about this I'm just wondering if you have to have been a sky customer for a certain number of months / years to get this offer......funny thing is I've been a Sky customer for the past 14 years but upgraded to Sky Q last month...which obviously means the start of a new contract...could this mean that in Sky's eyes I'm a "new customer" and therefore not entitled to this offer? I've posted the question on the Sky Forum...anyone else recently upgraded etc and able to get this?

yes got an oops myself . Im on the variety pack so should be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Picked up 3 months sky box sets free...nice one op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

€16.99 movie voucher. thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭onform

€16.99 movie voucher also, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm still waiting on an email for the €16.99 voucher, Is everyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rafferty101

Picked up €16.99 voucher. Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Do you have to wait to be emailed a voucher for this (my impression, reading quickly through the bumph) or should I be able to log in and claim something?

I have the most basic of Sky packages, hope I'm entitled to something!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Boxsets. Now to find time to watch them. CheersOP

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

not that anybody seems to care about the oops there seems to be a problem people! but i turned on hola and then I got 3 months of boxset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Thanks OP got the box sets

Will make sure to use them whilst children crawl on me whilst I eat junk food

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So how do you get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks a mill op, got the buy and keep movie voucher.

You click the link in the opening post, will bring you to the Sky website, click the button I think says see your gift or something, you will be prompted to log into your sky account, and then it tells you your gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Sunny Dayz wrote:
    You click the link in the opening post, will bring you to the Sky website, click the button I think says see your gift or something, you will be prompted to log into your sky account, and then it tells you your gift.

I tried that but no sign of any gift!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on an email for the €16.99 voucher, Is everyone else the same?

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Matt.ie wrote: »
    yip.

i only signed up last night in their 19euro flash sale. :D

What did you get in the flash sale :confused:
    clevtrev wrote: »
    yes got an oops myself . Im on the variety pack so should be available.

I just signed on to another promo going from sky, i wonder if that's the reason i got this below as well??
    Oops, there seems to be a problem

Sorry, it looks like there's been a problem identifying your Sky Christmas gift.
    We're still working on getting Christmas gifts to all of our customers so please check back again next week.
    If you are an active Sky TV Customer and have further questions then contact us here.

It's either a waiting game or contact sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Finally, existing Sky customers get some breadcrumbs from the table :rolleyes:

Very frustrating to see them offer new customers all sorts of incentives all the while ignoring the existing base, making you threaten to cancel before giving any kind of promo.

Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Got the free sky box sets- watching West Wing- cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks OP! Got the box sets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

thanks OP,
    Just one question, is there an affiliate (being.successfultogether.co.uk)link on click through or is my chromebook ill:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yayyy! Got my voucher in the post this morning - two movies I've wanted to see for ages for the princely sum of €1 (had to top up for the second one).

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Box sets for 3 months for me - the way I understand it they will appear automatically on the EPG on Christmas Eve from the Thank You image. Yay. Nice to know in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone know if the €16.99 movie voucher has to be used in one go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

jmorrisey wrote: »
    thanks OP,
    Just one question, is there an affiliate (being.successfultogether.co.uk)link on click through or is my chromebook ill:confused:

Afaik, that's the affiliate link before you land on sky page.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Yayyy! Got my voucher in the post this morning - two movies I've wanted to see for ages for the princely sum of €1 (had to top up for the second one).

Nice one!

Did you have to do something else to avail of it, i've looked at email, but barely looked at it, as i only ever see events for the UK!

Thanks.

Advertisement