Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Probably far far far far too eager (and I know there's no rush) but is their any desire to kick off stephen's day or in and around?

I find that week to be pure lounge.

I'd fear we'd struggle to get momentum going that week as you'd have people away visiting relatives, having to put up with visiting relatives (:pac:), maybe going on trips etc. It would probably drag.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd be up for starting earlier aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id have no problem myself, but like MNG above id fear with it being the holidays most will likely be visiting families, enjoying a real day off after xmas day itself and most of all I think most if not all previous players would have to be on board as its usually an after new year event traditionally.

Anothet problem I might have is that ive already announced a new year start and if a not so regular poster like Campo for example didnt come back online until the new year thinking he wont miss out, yet he might be unaware of date change. I wouldnt want anyone to miss out.

I do share your eagerness Shag, hence why ive started the thread early to give potential players notice.

But with all that said, id gladly start early if everyone was happy. If one or two cant make it warlier id consider it a non runner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Anothet problem I might have is that ive already announced a new year start and if a not so regular poster like Campo for example didnt come back online until the new year thinking he wont miss out, yet he might be unaware of date change. I wouldnt want anyone to miss out.

I do share your eagerness Shag, hence why ive started the thread early to give potential players notice.

But with all that said, id gladly start early if everyone was happy. If one or two cant make it warlier id consider it a non runner though.

Talking about me I'm actually getting married on the 1st January forgot about that small little detail, tbh my plan was to hang back for a little while and if names were slow to go down I be back but if they fill up quick so be it

• Advertisement

Congratulations Campo, hope theres no run ins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Whatever happens be very careful mixing pro wrestling and weddings Campo.

It rarely ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Whatever happens be very careful mixing pro wrestling and weddings Campo.

It rarely ends well.

We had HBKs music play during ours. 3 years on still married!

And I thought we were mad doing a Game Of Thrones theme

• Registered Users Posts: 85,287 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

campo wrote: »
    And I thought we were mad doing a Game Of Thrones theme

Now thinking of the red wedding :eek::P anyways best of luck Campo congrats

• Advertisement

Am I right in saying Misawa's epic theme also played a part on your big day?

How did your misses agree to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Am I right in saying Misawa's epic theme also played a part on your big day?

How did your misses agree to that?

Was the piano version, had it playing during the meal! I did up a playlist of video game and movie tunes done on piano, so it fit together nicely :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was wondering will the order of rounds 1 and 2 be reversed as they were in the 2016 game? I thought that worked well.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Yes it will. Both may be stipulation rounds too.

I most likely wont be on here much as usual from the 23rd onwards, so if you have any stipulations suggestions, any queries or any issues, between now and Friday is the best time to get in contact. I've everything ready for the opening rounds and as stated before we will the sign up thread will be up at midday on Monday the 2nd of January. Going by the previous posts in the thread, there seems to be a good chance all 16 available spots will be snapped up quickly so make sure your phone reminders are set for 12 on 02/01/2017 :)

Also I can confirm there will be a theme to this years draft with each stipulation round having a little fun inserted into them!

I most likely wont be on here much as usual from the 23rd onwards, so if you have any stipulations suggestions, any queries or any issues, between now and Friday is the best time to get in contact. I've everything ready for the opening rounds and as stated before we will the sign up thread will be up at midday on Monday the 2nd of January. Going by the previous posts in the thread, there seems to be a good chance all 16 available spots will be snapped up quickly so make sure your phone reminders are set for 12 on 02/01/2017 :)

Also I can confirm there will be a theme to this years draft with each stipulation round having a little fun inserted into them!

Personally I would love to see the AWA Championship recognised as a World Championship & the TNA one dumped in this years game

I looked up the AWA championship linage previously for a stip, but in reality it wouldn't only affect 2 main picks that arent World Champions for other companies.

I may look into the dropping the TNA one after a certain round.

In terms of stips bring them on. The more the merrier.

I always find the promotion specific ones to be brilliant. "Have fought in a Japanese promotion", "Appeared in ECW/WWECW" etc. etc.

In terms of stips bring them on. The more the merrier.

I always find the promotion specific ones to be brilliant. "Have fought in a Japanese promotion", "Appeared in ECW/WWECW" etc. etc.

For a little example of what Ive been thinking of, here ares some stips I research but wont be using:

Brooklyn Brawler Round : Picks in this round would of had to have had a match with Steve Lombardi aka The Brooklyn Brawler. I was hoping to have this as the opening stip but alas, while Brawler wrestled many main event tier picks, he simply didnt wrestle enough to consider the stip.

DUI round : If the draft pick had a run in with the law and had a mugshot floating about the net they were eligible in this round. Again while many top stars fall foul of this and would be eligible, not enough are available to make it a fair stip

Thats just a taster of what kind of stips are on my mind guys.

Be careful about stips that are very open to interpretation. I'd play it safe. There always seems to be a bit of hassle with somebody taking umbrage towards at least one stipulation and how it works.

Whatever you do, make them black and white. Save yourself the grief.

• Advertisement

There will be nothing too crazy or outrageous, but I have been busy researching new stipulations that havent been done before. Have a couple of nice ones planned for the half way point rounds (round 4-10)

As mentioned a few pages back the first two stipulations are already choosen and while they havent been done before they arent too minnd blowing either. A little bit of research will be required to get good value for your picks, but rest assured both round 1 and 2 will have plenty of top names available to choose from. Round 2 will be a reverse order round too, so if you get pick 20 in the first round, you will be pick 1 in round 2.

Some rounds will be stip free and some rounds will restrict you as well as open more picks up. A good mixed bag.

Just a friendly reminder bump to let y'all know that PW Draft sign up thread will be up at midday on Monday the 2nd of January.

Be there or .....3e7b1a93-ba0e-45cc-b1c7-8a9ea21c7a06.jpg

Just a friendly reminder bump to let y'all know that PW Draft sign up thread will be up at midday on Monday the 2nd of January.

Be there or .....3e7b1a93-ba0e-45cc-b1c7-8a9ea21c7a06.jpg

Reminder bump

Less than 24 hours away from the sign up thread being opened guys, get ready.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Awesome, I've been sick and overworked recently so this will be an ideal distraction. Curious to see what the first few stips may be too as i'll probably completely change the BWA dependant on whoever I get early and the storylines start running through my noggin.

You can never really start planning until your first pick is made. I always try predict who those above me in the round order and there is always a few surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Unfortunately circumstance has conspired against me again for this, something personal has come up that requires attention, so I'll be M.I.A from Boards for a bit, but I'll be following the various threads related to the game.

Follow those buzzards here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102127106#post102127106

Also a reminder that saying youll take part in this thread doesnt guarantee you a spot, use the sign up thread if you want to take part

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Delighted to see the names signing up so far :) Hope we get some new blood too

Advertisement