Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Its so close.....I can taste it.....It tastes.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

One thing also for this year, as I alluded to in the previous discussion thread there will indeed be a token prize/bonus for the winner. Its nothing physical, it will just be a little cherry on top for the person who becomes draft champion (actually its something I hope everyone will enjoy as a little bonus come April).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Already planning a gimmicked roster like I did in the last!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jumping back into this with both feet. :D

Already planning a gimmicked roster like I did in the last!

I will always admire you for the bravery of drafting an all female roster 2 years ago and making it work. No pun intended, but it takes balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I notice it says 15 slots in the sign up section, is this 15 excluding automatic entrants/past winners or has the number of spaces been dropped down to 15 in total? On my way back to work so can't read it properly just yet.

I notice it says 15 slots in the sign up section, is this 15 excluding automatic entrants/past winners or has the number of spaces been dropped down to 15 in total? On my way back to work so can't read it properly just yet.

Typo error from my copy n paste job of the rules. It used to be 15 slots many moons ago. Don't worry Its 20 slots and that error has now been amended.

IIRC this error cropped up the last 2 years as well.

The automatic entries take it down 4, so its actually 16 available slots.

1. Lord TSC (Previous Draft Admin)
    2. MNG (Previous Draft Admin and founder/ 3 time winner (2012/2013/2014) )
    3. Bounty Hunter (Previous Draft Admin and 1 time winner (2015) )
    4. Beakerjoe (Current Admin and defending champion (2016) )

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Count me in ;) I hope to be able to write the shows and/or ppv longer and better as I feel I rushing with these late the last few years :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I'd like to put my name forward as well if that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ah shur go on

• Advertisement

Are we using this as the official sign up? If so count me 100% in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I believe in the OP Joe said January second for the sign up thread

Thats what I thought but then panicked when I saw others putting their names forward ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I misread everything!

Just too eager I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I misread everything!

Just too eager I guess.

Me too :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Normal Person Christmas- that few weeks at the end of December through to NYE.

Pro Wrestling Fan Christmas- that beautiful period between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

Boards PW Christmas- 1st of Jan Draft kickoff all the way to Mania.

Count me in. Have a few ideas. Like others have stated certainly have a gimmick idea for my whole roster. Last year I went all 1980s.

I would really love to do a fed completely complied of OSW "Boys" but I don't think I have the balls, the heart or the energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just another heads up beaker, if that's a copy paste job then the date needs to be fixed as the second is on a Monday, not a Friday.

It's funny, my wrestling interest has nosedived this year. The OTT show I went to was great but in general my interest is at a 5 year low. And yet I'm giddy at the thought of doing the Draft and already know I'll spend the next month trying to come up with a feud (assuming I get in of course).

Just another heads up beaker, if that's a copy paste job then the date needs to be fixed as the second is on a Monday, not a Friday.

It's funny, my wrestling interest has nosedived this year. The OTT show I went to was great but in general my interest is at a 5 year low. And yet I'm giddy at the thought of doing the Draft and already know I'll spend the next month trying to come up with a feud (assuming I get in of course).

Id say you'll get on.... But best to be there on the day. Cheers for the heads up

Also does Jan 2nd suit everyone.... it will be a bank holiday. Would the 3rd suit people better (the Tuesday after new years!)

I'd say throw it up on the 1st, hit the new year running. I'd say the 3rd and 4th is back to work for many of us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reminder set in the diary for this. Really enjoyed it last year so planning to be a part of it again!

• Advertisement

Great to see so many regulars declaring their intentions for the up-coming draft and its great to see some are already pondering gimmick rosters too.

Also delighted to see many of last years draft virgins showing interest in another year. Last year Cheese, Necro, Paulie21 , Imnotthehulk, LeeJM and PTH2009 all popped their cherry last year and I firmly believe those who choose to sign up again will come back stronger from last years experience.

I would love some new players to come on board too, as I also think new blood really invigorates the game too, so I encourage any new players who want to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

After a few years observing, I'm throwing my name in this year

At least it'll gimme something to do over my long Christmas break.

Welcome aboard Lith, you did take part but dropped put a few years back or am I imagining it all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Been a couple of years since CWA were involved but I have missed the draft , maybe it's time for CWA to return

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Welcome aboard Lith, you did take part but dropped put a few years back or am I imagining it all

Glad to be back, I did take part in the 2015 PW Draft, but unfortunately (through no fault of my own) had to drop out, as the internet modem took an unfortunate blow due to thunder & lightning.

campo wrote: »
    Been a couple of years since CWA were involved but I have missed the draft , maybe it's time for CWA to return

Delighted to hear from ya Campo. Been a while so wasn't optimistic you'd be back, but very happy to have ya on board

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Delighted to hear from ya Campo. Been a while so wasn't optimistic you'd be back, but very happy to have ya on board

Oh I've been lurking for a while waiting for the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Ah the draft.. you think your out and it pulls you right back in..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Might throw my hat in again. I've had plans for a roster since it came up again... I can balance 12 hour shifts and this can't I....

• Advertisement

Probably far far far far too eager (and I know there's no rush) but is there any desire to kick off stephen's day or in and around?

I find that week to be pure lounge.

Advertisement