Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your favorite serial killer.?

Options
1235»

Comments

So has anyone been watching Rillington place? Yikes. Tim Roth has scared the bejesus out of me, wont be sleeping tonight. What a horrible bastard that serial killer was.

BTW the killer was Reg Christie in real live, killed some women in Notting Hill back before it was posh.

Only saw it tonight for the first time. Roth is good, though not sure about some of it, the stooping etc. It's as if he derived his interpretation from the Attenborough performance (which was chilling) rather than descriptions of Christie himself. The casting was kind to Ethel. Plus it had unusual pacing, kinda got through the last 3 or 4 victims in what seemed like minutes. The setting was well done, the house was very like Christie's, the bodies in the alcove very like the crime scene pics...if they spared us the discoloration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Definitely Fred West - for his virility, west country earthiness and can-do attitude to DIY bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

learn_more wrote: »
    Well, that is interesting.

Could you not apply that logic to any crimes anyone committed?

Usually serial killers are psychopaths and lack the ability to feel remorse for their victims.

They can feign it of course as they are master manipulators but usually something in their manner gives them away. You know that feeling you get when you sense that somebody is being insincere with you.

When I watched Dahmer's interviews I didn't see that, I felt he was expressing genuine emotion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Edward Lionheart (played by Vincent Price in Theatre of Blood), now this guy had style and panache. Bumping off his victims in scenes from Shakespearean plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

DeMeo was certainly somebody who took joy in what he did.

Another couple from New York were Tommy 'karate' Pitera of the Bonnano family and Jimmy Coonan of the Hell's Kitchen Irish Mob offshoot "The Westies"

Both of them were seriously sick individuals, didn't follow any rules or respect criminal codes, just killed aimlessly.

Jimmy Coonan was bad but even he wasn't a patch on his Lieutenant/Enforcer Mickey Featherstone .......... he actually was sick, he sometimes killed and forgot he'd done it! :eek:

State of Grace is a great movie, loosely based on The Westies ........

• Advertisement
Advertisement