Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your favorite serial killer.?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭furiousox

Zodiac.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Candie wrote: »
    Pretty tasteless thread, right up there with most memorable murders.

Who in hell has a 'favourite' serial killer?
    oh calm down, psychopaths are disturbing and unpleasant but can be undeniably fascinating

Favourite may be the wrong word, but either way the Freeway Killers, Bonnin and Kraft, were depraved, reading about their crimes is actually depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Dexter.

Good humoured and very stylish....until he became a lumberjack.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The Night King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What about all those bodies of kids in the Tuam graveyard attached to the Convent.

Ah well there were only 800 of them.

That is up there surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

boobar wrote: »
    Dexter.

Good humoured and very stylish...
    Good call. But I don't like your inclusion of spoilers. If I had read this literally 24 hrs ago, I'd be a sad little monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Andrei Chikatilo - he murdered over 50 people, cannibalised some of them, eviscerated many and was able to do so for years around the Soviet Union. A film based on the Rostov Ripper - Citizen X, is also great, starring Donald Sutherland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I would not say "favourite" but probably Ted Bundy. BTW, both Bundy movies(Ted Bundy (2002) and Deliberate Stranger (1986)) are great.

Is Kaklinski a serial killer? Or a mafia hitman? I don't know, but another interesting character.

Fictional, Patrick Bateman. Even though he can't get a reservation at Dorcia.
    tupenny wrote: »
    Weird topic i guess but for me, Dennis Rader.
    The lack of remorse and "matter of fact" way he speaks of his victims is just mind boggling.
    There's something really intriguing about the personalities of these creatures

Yea, I watched that video too. It's like he's giving a weekly report at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

mojesius wrote: »
    Fictional - Hannibal
    Fava beans and a fine chianti

I actually found Buffalo Bills character more interesting tbh.

Irl, I always found the story of Mary Bell and the two little boys that she killed very upsetting. She peer pressured her friend to be an accomplice in the murders. I dont think technically that she is classed as a seriel killer. She was released in her early twenties with anonymity and afaik apparently went on to have a relatively normal life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I've always been fascinated by the Jack The Ripper and Zodiac cases.

Luis Garavito deserves a mention purely because of his number of victims ........ 138 proven with a possible 300+.

Also, Pedro Lopez because he was proven to have killed 110 (with a possible 300+) yet was released in 1998 and his current whereabouts are unknown! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I've always been fascinated by the Jack The Ripper and Zodiac cases.

Luis Garavito deserves a mention purely because of his number of victims ........ 138 proven with a possible 300+.

Also, Pedro Lopez because he was proven to have killed 110 (with a possible 300+) yet was released in 1998 and his current whereabouts are unknown! :eek:

Howard shipman is believes to have killed 200+....yet rarely mentioned in these things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dexter Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Howard shipman is believes to have killed 200+....yet rarely mentioned in these things
    It's mad. over 200 people!

Harold killed old people though, not so "glamorous" as some others...killing prostitutes and young people etc.

As an aside, I googled the word "prostitutes" to check my spelling (I promise, bogey word to spell for me sometimes) and the results are interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

They might be dangerous and unpredictable however serial killers are generally muppets and losers, they'd be toast in prison if they got on the wrong side of major league gangsters like the mafia, terrorists or armed robbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

KungPao wrote: »
    It's mad. over 200 people!

Harold killed old people though, not so "glamorous" as some others...killing prostitutes and young people etc.

As an aside, I googled the word "prostitutes" to check my spelling (I promise, bogey word to spell for me sometimes) and the results are interesting.

You are right it was Harold!!!

People look to America etc at serial killers....but one of the most prolific was no real distance from ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i like myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2016/1121/833358-anatomy-of-an-irish-serial-killer-documentary-on-one/

I forgot about this, RTE Radio 1 had an interesting documentary about an Irish serial killer that doesn't come up often, for some reason Kieran Patrick Kelly's infamy gets brushed aside. A nasty piece of work.

Interesting documentary, for reasons you don't expect, see link above. Broadcast dates from November 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

Check out Andrei Chikatilo , the Red Ripper

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Abortion 'doctors' are very favoured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Not a serial killer as much as a mass murderer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin
    Vasily Mikhailovich Blokhin (Russian: Васи́лий Миха́йлович Блохи́н, 7 January 1895 – 3 February 1955) was a Soviet Russian Major-General who served as the chief executioner of the Stalinist NKVD under the administrations of Genrikh Yagoda, Nikolai Yezhov, and Lavrentiy Beria.
    Hand-picked for the position by Joseph Stalin in 1926, Blokhin led a company of executioners that performed and supervised numerous mass executions during Stalin's reign, mostly during the Great Purge and World War II.[2] He is recorded as having executed tens of thousands of prisoners by his own hand, including his killing of about 7,000 Polish prisoners of war during the Katyn massacre in spring 1940,[2][3] making him the most prolific official executioner and mass murderer in recorded world history.[2][4] Forced into retirement following the death of Stalin, Blokhin died in 1955, officially reported as a suicide.

Killed 218 almost definitely (convicted of 15) but possibly 250 ........... was never a big fan of Shipman, he was too passive/boring to be in any way interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Killed 218 almost definitely (convicted of 15) but possibly 250 ........... was never a big fan of Shipman, he was too passive/boring to be in any way interesting.

Fan?

Anyway he was one of the most calculated and dangerous. That's why he went for so long undetected.

I read somewhere that it was thought that he was re-enacting the death of his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Ted Bundy. The Stranger Beside Me is a very good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,880 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kellogs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Skommando wrote: »
    Abortion 'doctors' are very favoured.

Well, at least Kermit Gosnell was recognized as a serial killer eventually.. by some at least.

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Fan?

Anyway he was one of the most calculated and dangerous. That's why he went for so long undetected.

I read somewhere that it was thought that he was re-enacting the death of his mother.

Fan as in interest ........... I'm fascinated by Serial Killers because I score uncomfortably high on the Sociopath Scale ......... I'm interested in the difference between myself and them despite sharing certain personality traits.

They're all calculated and dangerous by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Q: Who is your favourite serial killer?

A: None

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Q: Who is your favourite serial killer?

A: None

I think the thread title is badly worded, probably intentionally to provoke a reaction .......... I take it as "Which Serial Killer most interests you?" ....... of course your answer could still be "none" if you have no interest in Serial Killers/Crime.

Advertisement