Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your favorite serial killer.?

Options

Comments

Tigger wrote: »
    killed a man i know's sister, peope are waiting for their release

His, Shaw. Evans is dead. Shaw is alive but will disappear if he is ever released, he had no ties to Ireland. He has spent the best part of 40 years inside. Not that the death penalty will return, but when one thinks how much we spent on them, frankly I'd have had no issue if they were hung. Depraved animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

i"ll have to nominate meself,murdered 8 pts of guinness last nite and probably 4/5 more b4 morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Well I read books on bundy,dahmer,and gacy, all equally twisted but fascinating subjects none the less,I recently started listening to a podcast called true crime garage which is excellent for any interested in this type of thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Shankill Butchers, absolutely brutal and a dark shadow on Unionist history sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Well,none are favourites,but the one that sticks in my mind most is the black panther.
    Was living in the uk at the time,and one of my earliest memories is the news reports about leslie whittle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

BTK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Dennis Neilsen- being a gay man it frightens and intrigues me in equal measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

Citizen X?

Yeah, that's the one. He killed 52, mainly children. Lured into the woods from train stations. Also cannibalised them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Salt in the sugar bowl will kill any cereal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I don't know if I'd say my favourite but definitely a very interesting one was Richard Kuklinski. If you get a chance read The Iceman. Good book.

Only convicted of five murders. His own estimate is over 200. Also I don't believe he died of natural causes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Jay D wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd say my favourite but definitely a very interesting one was Richard Kuklinski. If you get a chance read The Iceman. Good book.

Only convicted of five murders. His own estimate is over 200. Also I don't believe he died of natural causes.

+1 .

Fascinating story , highly recommend .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cartouche wrote: »
    Check out Andrei Chikatilo , the Red Ripper

They made a film about him back in the 90's starring Stephen Rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I think I'd be happier if I never knew anything about Chikatilo.

Either him or Ivan Milat most terrifying for pure sadism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Jay D wrote: »

Kuklinski is an interesting one, he was able to mask being a Serial Killer by being a Hitman (mostly for the Mafia) ......... I'd suspect there are quite a few Serial Killers within the ranks of Organised Crime (Roy DeMeo and his Crew springs to mind) who'd be seen more as Tough Guys/Mobsters than actual Serial Killers ......... killing for the sake of it is frowned upon by old-school gangsters.

The Iceman Tapes on YouTube are an interesting watch ........ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richard+kuklinski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Kuklinski is an interesting one, he was able to mask being a Serial Killer by being a Hitman (mostly for the Mafia) ......... I'd suspect there are quite a few Serial Killers within the ranks of Organised Crime (Roy DeMeo and his Crew springs to mind) who'd be seen more as Tough Guys/Mobsters than actual Serial Killers ......... killing for the sake of it is frowned upon by old-school gangsters.

The Iceman Tapes on YouTube are an interesting watch ........ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richard+kuklinski

Your comment reminds of something. What is the difference between a serial killer and a bounty hunter seeing as hitmen are paid for assassination? Must be a lover of that art form to want to start that as a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Belle Gunness, a mad witch altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

What about all those bodies of kids in the Tuam graveyard attached to the Convent.

Ah well there were only 800 of them.

That is up there surely.

Who exactly are you accusing of being a serial killer here?

Was it Eamon DeValera?
    Was it the childrens' parents?
    Was it the shtate?
    Was it Da Church, including all 1.5 billion members?
    Or was it one particular nun? She was some woman to gig 800 graves unnoticed!

**Tumbleweed**

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Who is your favorite serial killer.?

Porridge

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

You are right it was Harold!!!

People look to America etc at serial killers....but one of the most prolific was no real distance from ireland

Furthermore, the UK actually has the second highest number of convicted serial killers in the world (second the USA, of course). I was really shocked by that, actually. The stat's from this Wikipedia page.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't know if I have a "favourite" serial killer. But Zodiac is quite interesting, I suppose. There's plenty of people today still attempting to crack those ciphers. The pick of the UK's crop is probably Bible John. Another who completely got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Furthermore, the UK actually has the second highest number of convicted serial killers in the world (second the USA, of course). I was really shocked by that, actually. It the stat from this Wikipedia page.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't know if I have a "favourite" serial killer. But Zodiac is quite interesting, I suppose. There's plenty of people today still attempting to crack those ciphers. The pick of the UK's crop is probably Bible John. Another who completely got away with it.

There is a theory that Bible John is Peter Toibin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

red john

There is a theory that Bible John is Peter Toibin.

I'd heard that, but also heard somewhere that it had been debunked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

So has anyone been watching Rillington place? Yikes. Tim Roth has scared the bejesus out of me, wont be sleeping tonight. What a horrible bastard that serial killer was.

BTW the killer was Reg Christie in real live, killed some women in Notting Hill back before it was posh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

Idi Amin for me. It takes a special kind of lunatic to retrieve the head of one of their victims from a fridge, proudly show it to their dinner guests, then proceed to 'argue' with the head in front of them. It's a pity he's no longer around, he would have been a great candidate for Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Has to be the Bay Harbor Butcher.

So has anyone been watching Rillington place? Yikes. Tim Roth has scared the bejesus out of me, wont be sleeping tonight. What a horrible bastard that serial killer was.

BTW the killer was Reg Christie in real live, killed some women in Notting Hill back before it was posh.

I've seen the original, the one starring Richard Attenborough (IIRC). As old as it was, it was still very chilling. As such, I wasn't falling over myself to watch this remake. But, if it's scaring the bejesus out of people I'm up for it! Anyway, Tim Roth is a fine actor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I've seen the original, the one starring Richard Attenborough (IIRC). As old as it was, it was still very chilling. As such, I wasn't falling over myself to watch this remake. But, if it's scaring the bejesus out of people I'm up for it! Anyway, Tim Roth is a fine actor.

It's only 3 eps. He's brilliant in it. Great cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

MadDog76 wrote: »

DeMeo was certainly somebody who took joy in what he did.

Another couple from New York were Tommy 'karate' Pitera of the Bonnano family and Jimmy Coonan of the Hell's Kitchen Irish Mob offshoot "The Westies"

Both of them were seriously sick individuals, didn't follow any rules or respect criminal codes, just killed aimlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dahmer always interested me because he appeared to be genuinely remorseful for what he did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Dahmer always interested me because he appeared to be genuinely remorseful for what he did.

Well, that is interesting.

Could you not apply that logic to any crimes anyone committed?

Advertisement