Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There's a video up on YouTube it looks like fun. I'd have liked to see Riff as well but I was going to slane the following day so not really a goer anyway. Hope he comes back at some stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Joey Badass - Olympia - 30th October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭CR 7

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Never heard of that, I would have even tried to go just to see what he's like live

This review of it got quite a bit of attention on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wackbeatz

did anybody here go to Suicideboys? I believe they have a relatively strong following in Ireland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

wackbeatz wrote: »
    did anybody here go to Suicideboys? I believe they have a relatively strong following in Ireland.
    I only heard about it on the day, I'm not enough of a fan to have gone though, although some of their stuff is decent.

Heard no reports from anyone either.

• Advertisement

I only heard about it on the day, I'm not enough of a fan to have gone though, although some of their stuff is decent.

Heard no reports from anyone either.

Their track Paris is great - also the one with Denzel Curry. I'm not too familiar with their work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dj yella and easy e's son( mmmm ??)
    The academy July 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

http://3arena.ie/index.php/artist/bryson-tiller/1953

bryson tiller in the 3arena 30 NOVEMBER 2017

raging its the 3arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Longitude was not on a longage. Really glad I went.

Wiley got there a late and left early. It wasn't bad but he was just running through his chart hits then getting outta there.

Gucci played for ages. Did an absolute ton of stuff even did Lemonade. Wasn't shouting just chilled out and on point. His beats really are incredible on a big system.

Totally blow away by Young Thug. Lad has whopper live vocals. He sounded better than on the records.

Easy see why Stormzy is huge. Find some of his tracks a bit broad but he's got mad star power. Commanded attention on his own on an empty stage. He got pretty emosh.

went for the three days myself.

i can concur regarding gucci and young thug - both were fantastic.

the mosh pits were some of the hardest i've experience and the energy levels of the crowd and artists were through the roof - was relieved when they were over.

as for stormzy - i'd have to disagree. stayed for all of his set and while i was genuinely touched by his emotional openness (it was his first headlining festival which he was especially proud of), his set was weak. i can't agree with the comment about him commanding the crowd; myself and the general area where i was standing became bored pretty quickly - many left. he just doesn't have enough quality tracks yet, give him time i suppose. compare him to kendrick's set last year and there really is no comparison. i don't think he was ready for the main stage.

• Advertisement

Ghostface - Button Factory - 29th Sept

A tribe called quest are at Electric Picnic, would love to see that :(

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    A tribe called quest are at Electric Picnic, would love to see that :(

I would love to see that also, they are on my bucket list and I think this is the final leg of their touring and no chance of seeing them again.

There is a good bit of hip hop at EP this weekend. Mango, Erica Cody, Mo-K and a few others are also performing the history of hip hop with an orchestra there, from 79 onwards. I'd say that would be brilliant.

Anyone see Tribe Called Quest @ EP??

YouTube not allowing any uploads yet.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone see Tribe Called Quest @ EP??

YouTube not allowing any uploads yet.

was lucky enough to be stage side and it was wonderful , they were in great form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ghostface - Habitat - Limerick 29th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

peteeeed wrote: »
    was lucky enough to be stage side and it was wonderful , they were in great form

Who showed up, any special guests?

peteeeed wrote: »

Who showed up, any special guests?
    Consequence, q tips cousin but I suppose he’s been on their whole tour , played all the greatest hits ,encore of can I kick it , award tour and finished with we the people which they messed up and restarted
    My mate gave their roadies some weed out front watching run the jewels so we were given back stage passes . We were watching them all with their heads down waiting to go on and q tip sang ‘my bonnie lies over the ocean’ crazy moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Stab*City wrote: »

wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Stab*City wrote: »

Wow - Pencilling that one in

• Advertisement

Ghost is playing Dublin and Limerick the same day. His stage time is 9 in Dublin, so going to be a late one in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ghost is playing Dublin and Limerick the same day. His stage time is 9 in Dublin, so going to be a late one in Limerick.

ah ya I see that alright. Down for 7pm in Dublin, 10:30 PM in Limerick... Probably be more midnight Limerick. .

callaway92 wrote: »
    ah ya I see that alright. Down for 7pm in Dublin, 10:30 PM in Limerick... Probably be more midnight Limerick. .

Should be a good one!

Freddie Gibbs - Button Factory - 5th December

7ZAAylL.jpg

:pac::pac:

20th Nov - Sugar Club - RA The Rugged Man and AFRO

20th Nov - Sugar Club - RA The Rugged Man and AFRO

Ooooh... Nice. Love that track uncommon valor.

Kendrick Feb 7th Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Kendrick playing in Dublin February 7th 2018.

• Advertisement

Harambe wrote: »
    Kendrick playing in Dublin February 7th 2018.

3 arena , james blake supporting

Advertisement