Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Gigs 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah I think 37 or 39 or something like that.

Just checked ticketmaster again on the off chance, nothing there but a redirect to seatwave where the cheapest ticket is 79.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Oddisee in the sugar club was unreal last night. Savage musicians and great to see the man himself live.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oddisee in the sugar club was unreal last night. Savage musicians and great to see the man himself live.

A few mates where there and said it was excellent, sad I missed it this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jaysus, RTJ are something else

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Disgusted I missed it, went online to get tickets at around 3 on the Friday and they were gone. That Seatwave thing annoys me no end how ticketmaster can get away with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

man they're always touring, they'll be back. playing EP and glastonbury now!

That was just amazing last night. Start to finish. Amazing.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That was just amazing last night. Start to finish. Amazing.

Gutted I missed it

I only got a ticket last minute, well worth it. There was still a few floating about on the day and there were touts outside selling as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Nas has UK dates for July on ticketmaster.

Saw him and half of Wu in the o2 academy in Glasgow in 15. Dream week.

Would love if Nas showed up over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Kool g rap in the sugar club 16th of June, i believe its his first gig in Ireland.

Legend

And Main Source in August at The Sugar Club.

Anyone at Isaiah Rashad last night? I'da loved to have been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Going to a Rap is Full battle event in Wexford tomorrow. Not been keeping up with rap battles at all for the last 3 years but they've got a couple of big American battlers like Real Deal involved so should be good craic.

Going to a Rap is Full battle event in Wexford tomorrow. Not been keeping up with rap battles at all for the last 3 years but they've got a couple of big American battlers like Real Deal involved so should be good craic.

That looks like it could be decent, Ruairi done a good job on putting that together.

And Main Source in August at The Sugar Club.

Anyone at Isaiah Rashad last night? I'da loved to have been there.

Yes, he was good but...

Support acts were rubbish. His encore consisted of him taking his top off and dancing on stage (not rapping).

That looks like it could be decent, Ruairi done a good job on putting that together.

I went and the standard was ridiculous. Real Deal really put the work in with the writing no cliches or filler just pure quality the whole way through. The 3 UK rappers I hadn't seen before and they tore it down style and swagger wise. Even more surprisingly the Irish lads, particularly Podge who was a debut, were easily as good as anybody else. Whole thing was a cut above the DFI days by some margin you'll see when the videos are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

Theres a couple of young lads called Versatile. They are only 19 and are playing their first ever gig in The Grand Social on 4th of May. Definitely worth checking out!!! They have HUGE social media support and look set to be great. Still very young but have got great support from Nialler and Rubberbandits and even got a shoutout from Russell Brand on twitter. Not bad for a couple of kids only out of school recording from their bedroom! Check them out on youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Be honest Mr Farrell, are you in Versatile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Did the versatile gig go ahead? Can't see anything about it online.

I don't know what a Versatile is hehe

Some new acts added to Longitude today - Gucci Mane, Yung Thug, G-Eazy, Earl, Mick Jenkins.

Already announced we had Mac Miller, Skepta, Stormzy so it's fairly hip hoppy.

Might get me a Saturday ticket.

• Advertisement

New Snoop Dogg!!

New album coming out in two weeks :)

https://youtu.be/j8fup8dU2UU

Gucci Mane's playing Longitude. Don't think I can miss that. Young Thug, Stormzy and Wiley same day so that'll be off the bucket list.

Heard Freddie Gibbs is playing Dublin in December.

watched the guccie mane livestream at coachella, looked kinda sh?t. he was roaring more than rapping. young thug be class though but not enough to go just for that.

future coachella livestream was classss. wish he was playing Ireland or even Europe this year

watched the guccie mane livestream at coachella, looked kinda sh?t. he was roaring more than rapping. young thug be class though but not enough to go just for that.

future coachella livestream was classss. wish he was playing Ireland or even Europe this year

He's probably done too much cardio and has breath control now. I'd much rather see Spring Breakers era Guwop but he'd probably have a heart attack on the plane over.

Las Pete Rock & CL Smooth gig was deadly, if you didn't get to that then defo get to this.

Mcbumhole wrote: »
    Be honest Mr Farrell, are you in Versatile?

Hahahaha Im actually a Mrs and def not in Vetsatile 🀣🀣

Yeah it went ahead.. sold out the place. Was a great mix of people there which was great as I thought it would be just aload of 19 year olds. They are playing Life Fest on Sunday and the Beatyard in August. Was a great show. Grand Social is a great little venue.

wtf, riff raff played dublin Friday. i was up there, i would have went along if i knew about it.

• Advertisement

Never heard of that, I would have even tried to go just to see what he's like live

Advertisement