Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive Possession/purchase

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

A piece of paper that has my degree on it, €25,000

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

House 243k
    Land 97k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Recently car 28k, PC/monitor/keyboard 2.5k, books today 700.
    And I'm now broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

In terms of cost, my home of course.

In terms of extravagance, most recently a €170 bottle of Creme De La Mer body lotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Flimpson wrote: »
    In terms of cost, my home of course.

In terms of extravagance, most recently a €170 bottle of Creme De La Mer body lotion.

For that price Id want to be looking like Elle Mc Pherson after applying it

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    :D

It's something I have been considering for years but always decided against it. Got a lovely present of a Brown Thomas gift voucher recently though, and said feck it, still have to pay a lot but the voucher will make a good dent in it. The €170 one is the cheapest one!

No regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

House but only because it's now worth ten times what I paid.

SnapOn tools probably worth about £10k but they were free.

Car for the OH worth about £4k (optimistic)

My car, £800.

Phone and laptop are probably worth £250 between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    My current car... €18k 6 weeks ago. Worth it though :)
    How do you figure that out? In a few years it will only be worth half that, if you invested it wisely it would increase in value ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Flimpson wrote:
    It's something I have been considering for years but always decided against it. Got a lovely present of a Brown Thomas gift voucher recently though, and said feck it, still have to pay a lot but the voucher will make a good dent in it. The €170 one is the cheapest one!

Does it work? Genuinely interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My car....one ram which I gave e700 for as a lamb....Probably worth circa 2K now

I lose at this game of owning shte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

9 grand for my car a couple of months ago. 1300 euro for a camera last year.

pilly wrote: »
    Does it work? Genuinely interested.
    Haven't even opened it yet - currently just building a shrine in which it will be kept! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

My car....one ram which I gave e700 for as a lamb....Probably worth circa 2K now

I lose at this game of owning shte
    But the ram wins, it's an investment piece ;) It will make you money for years (hopefully!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I've spent stupid amounts of money on classic deep house and techno vinyls, including one bulk-purchase of a handful of unopened Moodymann albums (6 weeks in the doghouse with herself but well worth it).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

anna080 wrote: »

For that price I'd want Elle McPherson applying it to me.

$3.5k for a motorbike. A $2k hospital bill. A gaming laptop for $2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

A subscription to Boards.ie; priceless and worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Pac1Man wrote: »
    When you can say that, you know you have a nice house. :D

I don't know exact figures, but I suspect that I bought my house for about a third of what the previous owner paid.

Having been stung buying my first house at the height of the boom for about double what its worth now, it makes me feel a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not counting the house, the car is the biggest. Cost me €18k, but it's saving me €2k a year in fuel costs (its electric).

Wife's engagement ring next.

TV is a funny one. First big flat screen I ever bought was a 40" Samsung that cost me just over £1k sterling about 9 years ago. It's still going strong though.

But the 60" I now have in the living room was only £600. Mental how the prices have dropped on tellys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Excluding house/car ect.... my Gibson Les Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Very :o I have some handmade ones and a one good paintbrush can cost €300+. As well as that each paint type has its own type of paintbrush.

I'm not talking brushes used for painting a shed btw :pac: They're all fine art brushes.

Everybody else in college was spending their cheques on alcohol and clothes and I was saving for my next brush or palette :pac:

Worth it, though, because now you can do novelty paintings of kitchenaids and sell them to Boardsies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Vojera wrote: »
    Lau2976 wrote: »
    Very :o I have some handmade ones and a one good paintbrush can cost €300+. As well as that each paint type has its own type of paintbrush.

I'm not talking brushes used for painting a shed btw :pac: They're all fine art brushes.

Everybody else in college was spending their cheques on alcohol and clothes and I was saving for my next brush or palette :pac:

Worth it, though, because now you can do novelty paintings of kitchenaids and sell them to Boardsies :D
    Bahahahahahahahaha!!! I was trying to think of a comment like this!!!!!  That thread kept me going for forever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Vojera wrote: »

They'd pay for themselves really! :pac:

Advertisement