Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so devastating things that devastated you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Martina Napavalova losing her last Wimbledon singles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

About 4 years stuck down an accumulator on a few Heineken cup matches at about 90/1. Stood to earn €450 if All went well.
    Didn't pay much attention through Saturday or Sunday assuming someone as usual would go and blow the whole thing but got to Sunday afternoon and 9 of the 10 games at come through with only one left.
    Toulouse at home just to beat Connacht, and not the recent incarnation of Connacht but the infamously average unit who went out week after week only to be beaten again. Toulouse were 1/200 and by far my safest bet.
    Or so I thought. In what was described as the biggest upset in the history of the Heineken cup Connacht won and took my Thailand fund with them.

To compound my hatred of Toulouse they ****ed up a bet two months later while playing at home to some Italian journeymen

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

When tv series House finished, lost interest & couldn't watch any series since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

When I'm at my mams and I think she's poured me 7up but it's really gross sparkling water.

Or when my favourite leggings brand changed the cut and now they aren't comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And why has boards always been so obsessed with sh*t and piss and wiping your ass etc? Constant threads on it. Seriously lads.

Try not wiping once. You'll see how serious it is.

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat. I would actually like if personal Internet usage disappeared for a month just to see how it was. We'd all be reading books and talking to each other in bars etc.

I read about a book (physical copy) a week. I have the internet. They aren't mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Got up the other morning and the cat had destroyed my brand new Christmas tree. Broke all of the bottom branches and decorations. We tried to fix it but it's not the same. My first Christmas tree in my own apartment and the cat ruined it.

So, if anyone wants a cat....

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

The red wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Right..............about a year before Boyers Department store closed, I bought Fish & Chips from the counter....Paid etc.
    ........D'OH...........I let the tray fall with the plate on it while trying to set it down on the table (there was a backpack on my other shoulder).

I got a replacement meal free as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I read about a book (physical copy) a week. I have the internet. They aren't mutually exclusive.

What book do you read about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Xtra vision closing down.

WHy ,oh Why world did we let xtravision close down.
    Loved going to check out he latest movie and buying xtra large popcorn and a bag of minstrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

kfallon wrote: »
    Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal, May 1989!

A 10 year old kfallon was in tears :(

Muah haha ha ha :)

(Friendly Arsenal fan just joking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I went to Nando's once and they didn't have any halloumi in. Livid, so I was. Gots to have my halloumi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I started a thread yesterday and just one person answered, I was gutted & it hit my self esteem very badly

:-)

I started a thread in Dublin City forum. No one replied.

..distraught....

But not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

When Goose dies in Top Gun.

When Dana Scully was infected in the X Files and bed ridden.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

razorblunt wrote: »
    What book do you read about? :confused:

I believe what they are saying is they read at least one book per week. Not they read about books.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Having the sh*ts in the shower ?
    Youve never dropped a malteaser in the shower and smushed it down the plug hole with your big toe?

How civilised of you.

:p
    Omackeral wrote: »
    It's the sole of your foot you use and it's called a waffle-stomp.
    I'm genuinely taken aback by this.
    Somehow I've managed to make it through my life thus far without once, accidentally or intentionally, defecating in the shower.
    Is it actually a common experience for some? Going about your business in the shower - lathering yourself up while belting out Elvis's greatest hits, etc - when suddenly a blob of faeces just plops out of your backside onto the floor?

'Tis a strange world.

I believe what they are saying is they read at least one book per week. Not they read about books.

I believe Razorblunt was angling for thanks. Unluckily for him it didn't work. Must be devastating for him ;)

• Advertisement

When you CERTAINLY PRESSED the camera button on your Android smartphone for that perfect shot but it did'nt take the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

sugarman wrote: »
    Getting a Zaytoon at 4am a bit worse for wear

...asked if I wanted it there or take away

...In my drunken state I look around and see its rammed, take away says I.

I walk outside and spot a free taxi and flagged it, hopped in and refrained from eating my kebab for the 25min journey. It felt like hours waiting to sink into it.

I get out the taxi around the corner from my house and cant wait another minute, I go to open it up and some how fumble it and let it fall over the road.

I let out an almighty 'Nooooooooooooooooooooooo', before standing over it for a further 5min contemplating still eating it. But it couldnt be saved.

Devastated.

You ****ing stole my story!!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ush1 wrote: »

Are you devastated?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Just recently found out the ending to Quantum Leap. After all that, Sam doesn't even get home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Just recently found out the ending to Quantum Leap. After all that, Sam doesn't even get home!!

Well, thanks a bunch for that.

Well, thanks a bunch for that.

Oh for god sake, it was aired in the early 1990s! How long is something considered a spoiler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Oh for god sake, it was aired in the early 1990s! How long is something considered a spoiler?

I used to like you Olishi4. Now your just a doo doo head! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭blue note

Ush1 wrote: »

He stole everyone's story. We've all been there. I had a similar experience after getting a whopper and getting in a taxi back to college res with my friend. After getting out he was mad jealous of my burger so I said take a bite. When putting it back into the container he put it into the lid part (I was holding the bottom) so it fell straight to the ground. Worse still, he was a mix of insanely sorry, because he knew what he had done, but also laughing hysterically, because he also knew it was hilarious. So he was consoling me while apologising and laughing. Meanwhile, I was just devastated, feeling too sorry for myself to even punch him.

I used to like you Olishi4. Now your just a doo doo head! :p:p

Ok, well that's just devastating :p:)

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »
    .............. Worse still, he was a mix of insanely sorry, because he knew what he had done, but also laughing hysterically, because he also knew it was hilarious. So he was consoling me while apologising and laughing..
    everybody has done that to their friends and relations at some point.
    Actually, better for them to laugh rather than feel guilty, otherwise they feel like a gobsh!te and act like a gobsh!te towards you. Until you cool down at them.

Here's another another example....when I was a about 13, I was with my first cousin of the same age in a mens restroom. Somebody's trouser leg was accidentally sprayed by a bad aim...They did'nt take it very well then.

;):D

Advertisement