Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so devastating things that devastated you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

The dog knocked over my nice cold can of white Monster drink.
    This was yesterday. Life is not fair. I had pad the full whack, a shocking two euro thirty five cent to buy it out of Spar.
    Or when you drop a joint in the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When a supermarket stops stocking a certain product you like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

When you lose your favourite lipstick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

After the final 'Your Sinclair' magazine ("BIG FINAL ISSUE") edition was published for my ZX Spectrum, in 1993.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Never mind, Liverpool fans thought, it's Liverpool. Sure they'll win another quick enough.......

They did, the following season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

When Dominoes stopped selling Chicken Dunkers. I used to order pizza as a side order for my dunkers.

I very nearly wrote them a sternly worded letter. Luckily enough I was too lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The other day in work, I was going to have soup for my lunch but noticed that there was vegetable curry on offer. Nice one!! It wasn't until I was walking down to my table that I realised that my curry was hosting a convention for the most reprehensible vegetable-type things known to man or woman. Peas, sweetcorn and mushrooms! The evil triumvirate!!!

I was devastated!! (I may have used the term "Worse than the Holocaust!")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

razorblunt wrote: »
    They did, the following season.

...... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Winterlong wrote: »
    Big Ed loves Mona.

/Thread.
    I remember the phrase but I haven't the foggiest what it was all about - bord na mona, was it??:confused:
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yogurt I think?

Jesus, theres a blast from the past :D

The end of GeoCities everywhere except Japan. My very first website was hosted there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When you flush but gotta go again...

I've already seen one post on this thread about something that devastated you as a kid,

My one: falling and cutting - well grazing myself when I was 7.

Little dramatic scr0t I was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

whiskeyman wrote: »
    When you flush but gotta go again...
    When you complete the wipe and then have another minor movement.

Although not as severe as whiskeyman or Boom Bap, when you fart after wiping / flushing/ already used the air freshner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Having the sh*ts in the shower ?
    Youve never dropped a malteaser in the shower and smushed it down the plug hole with your big toe?

It's the sole of your foot you use and it's called a waffle-stomp.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

In a public jacks, direct splash back up like that pilot in Armageddon. Had to wait around to gather enough again to do a run through and clear the area

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kfallon wrote: »
    Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal, May 1989!

A 10 year old kfallon was in tears :(

Tayto was in ecstasy. Michael Thomas you hero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Seeing this in the supermarket earlier

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gb-prod-campaign-images/1715416185/logo.jpg

Are we just trying to create as much rubbish as we possibly can these days? I mean come on, products like that just shouldn't be allowed!

And why has boards always been so obsessed with sh*t and piss and wiping your ass etc? Constant threads on it. Seriously lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

And why has boards always been so obsessed with sh*t and piss and wiping your ass etc? Constant threads on it. Seriously lads.

Wiping your arse is serious business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

When they brought out those Tayto chocolate bars. I had so much hope for them and they failed me completely.

KKkitty wrote: »
    When they brought out those Tayto chocolate bars. I had so much hope for them and they failed me completely.

My mam mailed me one when I was living abroad. I rather enjoyed it actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My mam mailed me one when I was living abroad. I rather enjoyed it actually :)

I wasn't feeling it sorry. The chocolate wasn't to my liking at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The great virgin media broadband failure of Dec '16.

Kant kope

Why are you apologising?

The great virgin media broadband failure of Dec '16.

Kant kope

I'm in the same boat. I would actually like if personal Internet usage disappeared for a month just to see how it was. We'd all be reading books and talking to each other in bars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

The second time in a row I hit the Mc Donalds drive through for a Mc Flurry and they "didn't have any ice cream, sorry". I elected not to get anything else - I wanted dat Mc Flurry... - And sat there literally wasting space in the que, awkwardly passing the money, then food windows on my way out. And that's when it struck me.

Kids are born in some hell hole in Africa, only to be chucked into a festering dyke to rot and I'm cussing out not having some ice cream. I laughed at just what a worthless person that made me - then continued sulking over my ice cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'm in the same boat. I would actually like if personal Internet usage disappeared for a month just to see how it was. We'd all be reading books and talking to each other in bars etc.

I dunno. During the great Boards DDOS debacle none of us read any books or talked to anyone. We were far too busy desperately pressing F5 and sobbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Buying lovely new jocks from the shop and realising on the first outing that they constantly venture up between your ass cheeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Needed more crisps, to truly recreate the "children's birthday party" flavour.

Advertisement