Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so devastating things that devastated you

Options
  • 06-12-2016 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

You know the stupid things like "I was devesated I broke my favourite mug" or "I was devastated I just got out of the shower and had the shìts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

When people make quirky threads to seem quirky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Misspelling of popular catchyphrases instead of being original.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

For me it's when I'm looking forward to some outing or event and someone cancels, even if it's maybe just one person. Kind of ruins the whole thing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I used to be mad for Monster Munch. Proper 1990's Monster Munch....real bad for ya, not todays version of it.

Anyway, I was eating a packet of them and I pulled out the reddest one I have ever seen. It was like Satans asshole got 50 whacks of a cactus it was that red.

I held it up for all to admire then my "friend" knocked it out of my hand and stamped it into dust in front of me.

Jealous cnut. Im still not over it. That guys is a prick assed motherfcuker too. Ginger bastard. What a cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Having the sh*ts in the shower ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Youve never dropped a malteaser in the shower and smushed it down the plug hole with your big toe?

How civilised of you.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

No ya lemon having your shower THEN last nights Indian attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Thought I had a check mate. Made the move. Wasn't check mate. Lost the game 5 moves later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

Leeds Utd. losing to Bayern Munich in the 1975 European cup final.

Final proof that life was unfair and I more or less lost interest in soccerball after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Mc Donald's don't do full fat milk anymore, only crappy sachets of skimmed milk.

Ruined my daily americano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

The time I ate the last bit of a really fecking nice baked potato without realising it was the last bit.

Bleedin devo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Always devastated when I can't get an old game working anymore. I have the earlier Command & Conquer games, Dungeon Master 2, Master of Orion 2, and Settlers 2. All great games that I can't play anymore.

Could you not play them via dosbox or in compatibility mode (or even in the XP virtual machine)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Buying a crisp new white shirt for a wedding, fits perfectly, then someone sloshes red wine on the sleeve.
    Cnutbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

A couple of year back my ma made me a big Christmas cake, she does it every year - I'm the only one who eats it in my house and it's quite simply the only thing that gets me through some years.
    Anyway a couple of years back I come home from work, open the press and fully 3/4 of the cake is gone - I immediately suspect foul play and summon the missus for an explanation.
    Apparently - her frail old aunt called up and was bemoaning the fact she couldn't make cakes this year cos she was "too sick" (code word for lazy if ever I heard it) so missus fúcking clause doles out 3/4's of mine so great aunt coffin dodger can give it out to some old fúckers or other - I swear i'll never fully get over it.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal, May 1989!

A 10 year old kfallon was in tears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Always devastated when I can't get an old game working anymore. I have the earlier Command & Conquer games, Dungeon Master 2, Master of Orion 2, and Settlers 2. All great games that I can't play anymore.

Command and Conquer and Red Alert are free to play online here.

https://cncnet.org/

It works really really well. Had a 4 player game with a few mates a couple of weeks ago, really is incredible fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

When a good mate emigrated. He's only in Scotland so we see him a lot but we miss him on a night out. It's not been the same since he left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just went to take a nice gulp of coffee, but the mug was already empty.

I've had enough of this shit. Fucking sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Had an operation and when I got home I had a craving for KFC so I sent the missus off to get me a big bucket of chicken. She comes back with three sides of baked beans and no chicken gravy. Nearly finished her over it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tried the Spar brand Mince Pies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Big Ed loves Mona.

/Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Winterlong wrote: »
    Big Ed loves Mona.

/Thread.

I remember the phrase but I haven't the foggiest what it was all about - bord na mona, was it??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I remember the phrase but I haven't the foggiest what it was all about - bord na mona, was it??:confused:

Yogurt I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Devo when you go through your 10 years old YouTube account favourite videos to find some have been deleted and you will never know what those deleted videos were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Off topic but dosbox will get most of them working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

kfallon wrote: »
    Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal, May 1989!

A 10 year old kfallon was in tears :(

Never mind, Liverpool fans thought, it's Liverpool. Sure they'll win another quick enough.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

1994: Michael Schumacher knocks Damon Hill out of the final F1 race of the season in Adelaide. If Damon had won the race he would have been World champion instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No ya lemon having your shower THEN last nights Indian attacks.

Nothing worse that stepping into the shower and just as the very last piece of you gets wet under the lovely warm water, your stomach decides it needs to evacuate and fast.

There isn't much that feels more degrading than taking a pony while soaking wet. It just feels so wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

When my favourite music tracker shut down a few weeks ago. I'm still not right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

RayM wrote: »
    Just went to take a nice gulp of coffee, but the mug was already empty.

I've had enough of this shit. Fucking sick of it.

lol

Advertisement