Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Shane732 wrote: »
    Will there be an allocation to the supporters club before a general sale?

I'd give my first born to get a ticket to the New Zealand match.

I'd day so. Think renewals must be soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'd day so. Think renewals must be soon.

Think it depends when you join, its just a year by date from joining I thought?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I've seen them play here and away and have to say finding price bracket off putting this time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Will there be an allocation to the supporters club before a general sale?

There should be yes but its a small allocation and is always massively oversubscribed.

pc7 wrote: »
    Think it depends when you join, its just a year by date from joining I thought?

Possibly, even though I thought renewal was same time of year for everyone..

Think I saw on their site that there was issues with site so maybe bit delayed this year

• Advertisement

Kevski wrote: »
    Think it was around end of May last year and mid-June the year before. You can add IRFU as a favourite on Ticketmaster but I think they only send weekly updates so your best bet is to keep an eye on IRFU‘s social media accounts.

Is it usually after the Pro14 final then yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Does anyone know if the Supporters Club is putting the Autumn Internationals on sale this year? (Or has it happened?)

Does anyone know if the Supporters Club is putting the Autumn Internationals on sale this year? (Or has it happened?)

Not yet. Will be a few weeks yet before they do.

Not yet. Will be a few weeks yet before they do.

Seems to be later than usual

Going on sale next wednesday at 10am. NZ 7pm mid november, will be baltic.

Guinness Series 2018
    Ireland v Argentina, Aviva Stadium, Saturday November 10th, 6.30 p.m.

Ireland v New Zealand, Aviva Stadium, Saturday November 17th, 7.00 p.m.

Ireland v USA, Aviva Stadium, Saturday November 24th, 6.30

Ticket Sale Details – Key Dates
    Supporters Club closes for renewals – 1 p.m., Friday, June 22nd

Passwords & Links Sent to members – Afternoon, Tuesday, June 26th

Supporters Club Ticket Sale – 10 a.m., Wednesday, June 27th to 6 p.m. Thursday, June 28th

General Sale – 10 a.m. Friday, June 29th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

pc7 wrote: »
    Going on sale next wednesday at 10am. NZ 7pm mid november, will be baltic.

Guinness Series 2018

Supporters Club Ticket Sale – 10 a.m., Wednesday, June 27th to 6 p.m. Thursday, June 28th

Will the 3 game package go on general sale do people think? I remember back in 2013 I managed to get the Australia and Samoa duo package and then NZ on its one but I know NZ will be going nowhere near General Sale as a single ticket.

I can't see the 3 game making it myself, but the prices are a bit too steep for NZ imo. I've seen NZ play twice and unless I can get one of the cheaper tickets in the sale I won't be going. Not spending over 200 (Cat 1) on tickets for a game in November, even if it is NZ. But I would say lots will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Any chance of a presale for Vodafone customers. I remember they did this 2 years ago IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

mossy464 wrote: »
    Any chance of a presale for Vodafone customers. I remember they did this 2 years ago IIRC.

Fingers crossed....it's the only way I've been able to get tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Will the supporters club sale be for the 3 match package only or will there be the option of buying for individual matches ?
    I wish they would give us the information now instead of waiting until Tuesday .

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

On sale seems to be Friday the 29th at 10:
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/Ireland-tickets/artist/1056338

Here's the email I got: Supporters Club Ticket Sale - Guinness Series 2018

Tickets for Ireland’s Guinness Series internationals in November will go on sale to Supporters Club members on Wednesday, June 27th. Please read the following email carefully and please make sure your membership details are up to date.

If your membership has expired you must renew before 1 p.m. on Friday, June 22nd to be included in the pre-sale. The club will close for renewals from that time until after the priority sale.

The sale will start at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, June 27th and will last until 6pm on Thursday, June 28th. Please note that some tickets and categories will sell fast and that demand will be high at the start of the sale.

Click here for ticket prices

Please note that not all categories of ticket will be available for sale.

Any remaining tickets will go on general sale on Friday, June 29th at 10 a.m.

Members will receive an email with the links, password and ticket limits per game in the afternoon of Tuesday, June 26th.

There are a very limited number of tickets for the game against New Zealand. Demand will be high and you can expect the tickets for this game to sell out very fast.

We are also pleased to announce that the always popular Supporters Club Match Day Event will take place at the game against the USA. Tickets are priced at 125 Euro for 2 adults and 2 children for this family friendly event which includes your match ticket, access to the Havelock Suite before the game and a post-match appearance by some of the squad. The event is not available as part of any of the packages.

Guinness Series 2018

I imagine that barely any tickets will be available as usual

I imagine that barely any tickets will be available as usual

Through supporters club? Or public Ticketmaster sale? Or both?

Am I right in saying that it is only one ticket you can possibly buy per membership? Would probably be wasting my time joining now but I would chance it if it was possible to buy two tickets.

• Advertisement

Through supporters club? Or public Ticketmaster sale? Or both?

Both. Supporters club tickets (for six nations and bigger opponents) always sell out within a minute or are unavailable.

I would say Argentina and USA tickets will reach public sale.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that it is only one ticket you can possibly buy per membership? Would probably be wasting my time joining now but I would chance it if it was possible to buy two tickets.

You buy two in supporters club

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Both. Supporters club tickets (for six nations and bigger opponents) always sell out within a minute or are unavailable.

Argentina and USA wont sell out for months if at all.
    New Zealand will go very quickly.
    Not sure what strategy to use as best chance of getting them might be to buy a 2 or 3 match bundle but the fact that all of the packs and individual matches go onsale at the same time means its essentially a lottery.

Yeah didn't get a sniff of a ticket through supporters club for 6N last few seasons. Is there such a thing as a season ticket for Ireland games?

Yeah didn't get a sniff of a ticket through supporters club for 6N last few seasons. Is there such a thing as a season ticket for Ireland games?

Nope. Only the ten year tickets which themselves are like gold dust unfortunately

That seems really unfair. Tickets appeared for all three home games in the 6N last year on ticketmaster so seems very unfair that Supporters Club members could miss out!

I’d imagine USA and Argentina will be easy got on general sale. I got tickets no problem for the latter last year. I’ve been to November internationals the last 5 years or so and SA last year was the first time a team other than NZ sold out so quick.

Was tempted to join the supporters club but if you aren’t even in with a good shout of getting 6N tickets then don’t think I will bother!

Think something needs to be done about where these tickets are ending up. I know plenty of people that get them through sponsor local rugby clubs yet they don’t bother going to see their province play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Think something needs to be done about where these tickets are ending up. I know plenty of people that get them through sponsor local rugby clubs yet they don’t bother going to see their province play.
    Well i generally get tickets through my local rugby club and bar when i moved to University in Galway and i started stewarding in Sground did i regularly attend most of a provinces games in the season.
    Before that i usually didnt attend regular provincial games because i was at my local rugby club or other clubs on both a Saturday and a Sunday
    Many hundreds/thousands who manage to get international tickets are the same as usually the weekends of international home games have much fewer domestic games than normal especially the biggest autumn international weekends and home 6 nations games

Well i generally get tickets through my local rugby club and bar when i moved to University in Galway and i started stewarding in Sground did i regularly attend most of a provinces games in the season.
    Before that i usually didnt attend regular provincial games because i was at my local rugby club or other clubs on both a Saturday and a Sunday
    Many hundreds/thousands who manage to get international tickets are the same as usually the weekends of international home games have much fewer domestic games than normal especially the biggest autumn international weekends and home 6 nations games

I’m not saying everyone is in that boat. I know plenty of people attend both international and provincial games. Also I was talking about people not attending provincial games in general and not on weekends of international games as I realise less fixtures take place.

I just find it frustrating as someone who has had a season ticket with Connacht for the last 6/7 years that I know people who get tickets for Ireland games yet they will only attend the sports ground for inter pros. I find it frustrating that people see international games as some sort of social event. I bet you could corner plenty of people in the Aviva and aside from Conor Murray and Jonny Sexton they would probably struggle to name any Irish players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I’m not saying everyone is in that boat. I know plenty of people attend both international and provincial games. Also I was talking about people not attending provincial games in general and not on weekends of international games as I realise less fixtures take place.

I just find it frustrating as someone who has had a season ticket with Connacht for the last 6/7 years that I know people who get tickets for Ireland games yet they will only attend the sports ground for inter pros. I find it frustrating that people see international games as some sort of social event. I bet you could corner plenty of people in the Aviva and aside from Conor Murray and Jonny Sexton they would probably struggle to name any Irish players.
    Trust me i know all about the social attendees at games. I do bar work in the Aviva so see them all through the game
    You may find it frustrating but you cant do anything about it. No way to do anything to change it.

• Advertisement

Trust me i know all about the social attendees at games. I do bar work in the Aviva so see them all through the game
    You may find it frustrating but you cant do anything about it. No way to do anything to change it.
    I know I’m well aware that’s the reality of the situation. Just think the IRFU could handle it better. The FAI for all their faults have a much for efficient system. Basically certain sections of the stadium are reserved for members of supporters clubs and don’t go on general sale. I realise demand is higher for the rugby team but even for the very big soccer internationals the regular attendees get sorted. I don’t know why the IRFU can’t allocate tickets to the provinces who would then pass them down to their season ticket holders. At the very least I presumed supporters club members would always be sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement