Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cheers ,appreciate that,there had better not be someone in my seat !
    You'd think that the original barcode would be made void though to disable entry .

Yeah but if someone got your ticket and got in first you'd be snookered. I was a bit embarrassed at first but when I talked to him and showed him my credit card with my name matching the order he was grand. It was good to see in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

No tickets available on seat wave it seems and no sign of them to come down on viagogo either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah but if someone got your ticket and got in first you'd be snookered.

What !
    That's bloody ridiculous ,I will ring them back up and tell them to void the original paper tickets if they haven't already done so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What !
    That's bloody ridiculous ,I will ring them back up and tell them to void the original paper tickets if they haven't already done so.

Oh listen I don’t know how it works! Only I got grilled before taking my seats (I did get in the gate), but was quizzed before taking my seats. Which is why I don’t think they void missing tickets, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh listen I don’t know how it works! Only I got grilled before taking my seats (I did get in the gate), but was quizzed before taking my seats. Which is why I don’t think they void missing tickets, could be wrong.

They would have to void missing tickets otherwise you'd have fans in the stadium with no seats and if that happens too many times at one event it's a safety issue (as silly as it sounds) . Whenever I've cancelled tickets through them not arriving, ticketmaster have voided the originally sent set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

I got a ticket in section 502 about an hour ago on ticketmaster.

Went to buy it and realised I wasn't logged in to my account on my phone. Few failed attempts to login and lost the ticket. Rang ticketmaster they said there's zero availability on the system. It was probably a cancelled ticket which gets uploaded back onto the site automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Still no sign of my tickets that were supposed to be posted out Monday .
    Ridiculous carry on leaving it this late ,I had to ring up and get e-tickets issued instead just now.
    Yeah in future if you dont have ticket 3 days before hand email and ask about an e ticket.
    Tickets in those cases are voided. Always

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Raisins wrote: »
    I got a ticket in section 502 about an hour ago on ticketmaster.

Went to buy it and realised I wasn't logged in to my account on my phone. Few failed attempts to login and lost the ticket. Rang ticketmaster they said there's zero availability on the system. It was probably a cancelled ticket which gets uploaded back onto the site automatically.

Errmmmm....
    I bought a ticket in section 502 at 2.41pm today.

For anyone still hoping to catch one on ticketmaster, what I was doing was looking for 1"best available" ticket. At about 2.35pm today (for maybe the 25th time today) I tried, and it offered me 1 in section 502. I immediately refused that and tried for 2 tickets. After being refused 3 times for a pair of tickets, I went back to asking for 1, and it offered me a ticket again in section 502 (don't know if it was the exact same one as a few minutes previously but I doubt it.)
    I bought that ticket. Immediately went back to try and buy another single but failed.

So in all likelihood there were little or no pairs of tickets available, just a small bunch of singles.
    Means one of my uncles can't go!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭scooby77

So say I buy 2 tomorrow on viagogo, and I'm in Northwest, how would I get them in time? (have used via gogo before for Murray field but was well in advance)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

scooby77 wrote: »
    So say I buy 2 tomorrow on viagogo, and I'm in Northwest, how would I get them in time? (have used via gogo before for Murray field but was well in advance)

You'll most likely be issued print at home tickets. All tickets that can't be delivered in time are removed by those sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

scooby77 wrote: »

Only dealt with them once before. I bought 2 days before the game, and had to go to collect the tickets in a hotel a few hours before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

As already posted, any tickets that have been reported as lost in the post/missing/stolen are blocked. Some stewards have a list and if you present a ticket that's on it expect questions.

Even if the tickets arrive in the post in the morning, they will be useless if you have reported them and you need to get replacements.

If you are collecting new tickets give yourself plenty of time as there is a 15-20 min delay between new tickets being printed and them working in the stiles.

Also remember that print at home tickets must be printed!

Yeah but if someone got your ticket and got in first you'd be snookered. I was a bit embarrassed at first but when I talked to him and showed him my credit card with my name matching the order he was grand. It was good to see in fairness.

Was this in the Aviva? Highly irregular if it was a steward asking those questions. Especially once inside the ground.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Was this in the Aviva? Highly irregular if it was a steward asking those questions. Especially once inside the ground.

Yes, Aviva as we went to take seats, as poster above said he had a list.

Yes, Aviva as we went to take seats, as poster above said he had a list.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

Long shot but anyone Know of any where an England Ticket might pop up last minute.

Ticketmaster/Travel Agents etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I know the November test matches are usually on ticketmaster but will the All Blacks game be on there too?? Or will just be available to clubs??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

What are the games planned at the minute NZ on 10th or 17th November? And possible game on Chicago v Italy before that? Not sure if it has been finalised yet..?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

NZ Rugby have the game in Dublin for November 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

when can we expect general sale? Presume it'll be bundled initially?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

In 2016, the match was on Nov 19th and general sale was June 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

lawred2 wrote: »
    when can we expect general sale? Presume it'll be bundled initially?
    Summer or at least end of the season. Yeah whole series bundled together and then New Zealand game likely also together with a second game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

GiftofGab wrote: »
    I know the November test matches are usually on ticketmaster but will the All Blacks game be on there too?? Or will just be available to clubs??

Would be surprised if it makes it up on ticketmaster. Even SA was very hard to get November just gone. Back in 2013 I managed to get tickets for NZ on ticketmaster but the bandwagon is full to capacity these days so can't see them popping up to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got lucky in 2016 and got 2 tickets in a vodafone pre sale for the Dublin AB game. Not sure do they even do them anymore ??

The IRFU supporters club will get tickets but may only have a small handful of them for each game and may opt to sell them in packages (AB with a tier 2 nation game, 3 match package etc). Heard there was not many single tickets for sale for the 2016 home AB game from the supporters club allocation ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gonzo89

Hello!

SO I'M AN EEJIT.

I'm going to the European cup final in Bilbao, I fly in on Saturday morning and I accidentally bought tickets to the CHALLENGE cup final on the Friday evening, thinking i'd be there.

I have three good seats, pitchside, block 118. I'm looking to sell them at face value if any body knows anyone who will be in bilbao on friday the 11th of May who might like them?

55euro each. Ideally i'd like to sell them together. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gonzo89 wrote: »
    Hello!

SO I'M AN EEJIT.

I'm going to the European cup final in Bilbao, I fly in on Saturday morning and I accidentally bought tickets to the CHALLENGE cup final on the Friday evening, thinking i'd be there.

I have three good seats, pitchside, block 118. I'm looking to sell them at face value if any body knows anyone who will be in bilbao on friday the 11th of May who might like them?

55euro each. Ideally i'd like to sell them together. Thanks!

Maybe try and get on the Cardiff blues or Gloucester forums if they have em. Someone will surly buy them for it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭SomeDude

Hi There,

Does anyone know when the November international tickets will go on sale? And is there a ticket alert that can be signed up to?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

SomeDude wrote: »
    Hi There,

Does anyone know when the November international tickets will go on sale? And is there a ticket alert that can be signed up to?

Cheers

Think it was around end of May last year and mid-June the year before. You can add IRFU as a favourite on Ticketmaster but I think they only send weekly updates so your best bet is to keep an eye on IRFU‘s social media accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭SomeDude

Kevski wrote: »
    Think it was around end of May last year and mid-June the year before. You can add IRFU as a favourite on Ticketmaster but I think they only send weekly updates so your best bet is to keep an eye on IRFU‘s social media accounts.

Thanks for that.

I might sign up for the supporters club to increase my chances of getting tickets. Although I know there are no guarantees on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

SomeDude wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

I might sign up for the supporters club to increase my chances of getting tickets. Although I know there are no guarantees on that.

Will there be an allocation to the supporters club before a general sale?

I'd give my first born to get a ticket to the New Zealand match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement