Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

physioman wrote: »
    Got mine in the post today. Managed to buy another one for my bro there earlier and e ticket format. Happy days

If its for the Aviva, we don't do "e tickets". They are print at home tickets and they MUST be printed out or you will get turned away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Do they own seat wave as well? I thought their one was viagogo.

Going by what I have seen, don't buy from viagogo unless you use PayPal/credit card.

Avoid print at home tickets from the same site.

Lots of scams and you won't know until you try to enter the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

prinzeugen wrote: »
    If its for the Aviva, we don't do "e tickets". They are print at home tickets and they MUST be printed out or you will get turned away.

Yeah it tells you that. Just looked at seatwave there only 8 tickets left. 170 (+fees) the cheapest. I disagree with the idea of it but in the past ive bought tickets off touts because id no other option.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

ticket sale deleted no sales allowed on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Big Owenzy

Thats what I paid my dear.. if you dont like it jog on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

I stupidly bought tickets for the Scotland game on viagogo for my parents for Christmas. I still haven't recievied them, dose anyone know when the tickets are issued for the Scotland game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭testtech05

opentarget wrote: »
    I stupidly bought tickets for the Scotland game on viagogo for my parents for Christmas. I still haven't recievied them, dose anyone know when the tickets are issued for the Scotland game?

May not apply to yours but I bought 2 in the supporters club sale and received them a couple of weeks back. Hopefully yours are sorted. Ive not used viagogo but is it possible to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

Just picked up 2 tickets for the Ireland v Scotland game on ticketmaster - move fast people!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

daddy pig wrote: »
    Just picked up 2 tickets for the Ireland v Scotland game on ticketmaster - move fast people!
    You did well there..seem to be gone again..are they corporate €100 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I got 2 €55 tickets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Just nabbed 2 in Block 125. Not toooo shabby at 80 quid a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭daddy pig

€70 euro tickets in north stand - not great seats but better then nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Gone again
    Congrats to all who got them

I'd imagine there will be plenty of tickets on sale over the week. Demand won't be as big as the Welsh game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'd imagine there will be plenty of tickets on sale over the week. Demand won't be as big as the Welsh game

After the weekend results, I doubt that will be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Are you mad? Ireland could effectively have one hand on the Six Nations after the Scotland game if they get a bonus point win. And Scotland have it all to play for too.

Demand will be through the roof.

Are you mad? Ireland could effectively have one hand on the Six Nations after the Scotland game if they get a bonus point win. And Scotland have it all to play for too.

Demand will be through the roof.

Not mad. There are 151 tickets for sale on heatwave so should be handy enough to get a ticket. There were doubts over whether we'd beat Wales and it was the first big game at home (no disrespect to italy) but I think we'll beat Scotland easily. Got 3 tickets easily enough for the Welsh game so will be expecting to get the same for the Scottish game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not mad. There are 151 tickets for sale on heatwave so should be handy enough to get a ticket. There were doubts over whether we'd beat Wales and it was the first big game at home (no disrespect to italy) but I think we'll beat Scotland easily. Got 3 tickets easily enough for the Welsh game so will be expecting to get the same for the Scottish game.
    Just looked, cheapest ticket is €380.. :O

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just looked, cheapest ticket is €380.. :O

They'll drop in price. Last Friday 90 euro tickets could be got for 145 on seatwave. People get desperate to sell them closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

They'll drop in price. Last Friday 90 euro tickets could be got for 145 on seatwave.

Yeah, a total bargin so! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    Yeah, a total bargin so! :rolleyes:

Better than 380 euro! My point being I don't understand why people would buy a ticket now for 380. Just hold off. Plenty will come up on ticket master this week.and if you can't get a ticket, tickets will inevitably drop on seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Better than 380 euro! My point being I don't understand why people would buy a ticket now for 380. Just hold off. Plenty will come up on ticket master this week.and if you can't get a ticket, tickets will inevitably drop on seatwave.

Very true.
    Its worth bearing in mind that I'd imagine most of those listings on Seatwave are speculative listings too .
    South Stand Lower,East Stand Upper ,etc .
    It should be illegal to list those tickets without a section and row.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

Very true.
    Its worth bearing in mind that I'd imagine most of those listings on Seatwave are speculative listings too .
    South Stand Lower,East Stand Upper ,etc .
    It should be illegal to list those tickets without a section and row.

Row and section might make the seller identifiable as I would assume the IRFU has records of where every ticket went.

I think there should be zero tolerance to people touting. IRFU should buy up these tickets and penalize the sellers. If found to come from a club cut their allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ronney wrote: »
    Row and section might make the seller identifiable as I would assume the IRFU has records of where every ticket went.

I think there should be zero tolerance to people touting. IRFU should buy up these tickets and penalize the sellers. If found to come from a club cut their allocation

That is true but the IRFU would seem to have a serious leak in their ticketing .
    The amount of blocks of tickets ,often 10-18 ,being sold on the secondary sites is ridiculous.
    These Longside Upper Tier and Behind the Posts Upper type listings of 6-18 tickets ,who realistically can get their hands on such volume of adjacent tickets ?
    It has to be a very select few and the IRFU seem to be turning a blind eye or are in on the act themselves.

That is true but the IRFU would seem to have a serious leak in their ticketing .
    The amount of blocks of tickets ,often 10-18 ,being sold on the secondary sites is ridiculous.
    These Longside Upper Tier and Behind the Posts Upper type listings of 6-18 tickets ,who realistically can get their hands on such volume of adjacent tickets ?
    It has to be a very select few and the IRFU seem to be turning a blind eye or are in on the act themselves.

Corporate companies that provide their clients with tickets and days out always have tickets way before they hit some clubs, the supporters club etc. I used to work in a law firm and although tickets were not unlimited, all the higher ups in the firm got to every game they wanted. It was disgusting.

It's a problem that the IRFU are surely aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Plenty on TM? Yet despite checking all the time, I never get a sniff of a ticket

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd be very surprised if it was a club doing it as the risk would be too great. The clubs name is printed on all the tickets they get, would be too easily identified.

awec wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if it was a club doing it as the risk would be too great. The clubs name is printed on all the tickets they get, would be too easily identified.

I've gone to a rugby game only once as a guest of a well known corporate entity (as I was desperate) and the name on the ticket was a local rugby club.

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've gone to a rugby game only once as a guest of a well known corporate entity (as I was desperate) and the name on the ticket was a local rugby club.
    Yea but these are usually face value transfers between people who know one another (a club member could work for the corporate entity and they have an agreement to take surplus tickets). They might have a tiny markup on the face value to go to club funds.

I am saying I'd be very surprised if club tickets end up on tout websites. If a club was caught doing this knowingly by the IRFU they'd be in bother, and if a club member was found by his club to be selling his ticket I imagine there'd be a few words from other club members who aren't getting tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

That can happen but as below they are usually face value transfers.
    awec wrote: »
    Yea but these are usually face value transfers between people who know one another (a club member could work for the corporate entity and they have an agreement to take surplus tickets). They might have a tiny markup on the face value to go to club funds.

I am saying I'd be very surprised if club tickets end up on tout websites. If a club was caught doing this knowingly by the IRFU they'd be in bother, and if a club member was found by his club to be selling his ticket I imagine there'd be a few words from other club members who aren't getting tickets.
    Yep. And clubs have went on to get reduced allocations because theyve been selling tickets on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement