Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New headset time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

jus after buying one of these steelseries siberia x800 headsets, ive tried to find differences between it and the siberia 800 but the only thing sticking out to me is the extra $$$ and lack of xbox cables. Anyone know of any other differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do they not come with a physical volume changer cable? Mine did. The one I got for the gf also did (hers is newer and better though).

Yes cable does have volume control on it so thats a fair point, might need to fiddle with that some more. Just feels like though they are way too loud than what they should.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I don't understand complaints about too loud?
    It would be 10x worse if volume was too low.
    Just turn them down, I'm not being a smartass btw just saying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Dcully wrote: »

Agree 100%. If you want to hear 'loud' you should check out the Lucidsound LS30. Those things will blow your ears clean off. Haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So has anyone else had any problems with the Cloud II's crapping out when trying to switch sound devices? ATM, I'm trying to get my Voice Comms working in GTA V and it keeps crapping out when I move between the various devices to the point where I have to unplug the headset and plug it back in again to start hearing anything (and the mic still won't work).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is this through USB as I only use the 3.5mm jack?

Yea, via USB. I have a heap of audio devices attached to the machine. the onboard sound on the motherboard crapped out, so I have an external USB one as well as the HDMI from my video card, my webcam and an external sound desk that I record my podcasts with.

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've had no issues and I switch between the headset output and my normal speakers fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

awec wrote: »
    I've had no issues and I switch between the headset output and my normal speakers fairly regularly.

Im the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, via USB. I have a heap of audio devices attached to the machine. the onboard sound on the motherboard crapped out, so I have an external USB one as well as the HDMI from my video card, my webcam and an external sound desk that I record my podcasts with.

Sounds to me like you have too many audio devices, causing a conflict.

Try Audioswitcher for selecting device: https://audioswit.ch/er

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Switching problems are normally client(software) side in my experience. Most recently "Squad" doesnt support switching and requires a relog.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dreamers75 wrote: »

Sounds like a great deal, might consider a backup pair but it's hard to leave sennheiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »

Well I think it's a valid concern because the oncable volume adjuster, is directly controlling my windows volume control.

I looked into this some more, and seemingly that is not the norm. I just moved house so took some time to get this issue sorted and there was some setting I was guided to that I turned off, and now all is fine.

The volume control on the headset is independent to my windows volume control.

Maybe I wasn't explaining it properly. But I would be turning down the volume on the headset and it would be turning down my windows volume, I was running it on like 10%

This caused havoc with some games, netflix and youtube where I had them operating at different volume levels.

Anyway got it all sorted now, and seems my thing was somewhat unique and not the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well I think it's a valid concern because the oncable volume adjuster, is directly controlling my windows volume control.

mine does this is it not supposed to?

can you link to the guide please

Argos have got rid of most their headsets for some reason. Only crappy one's remain.

So my issues look to only relate to a couple of games and specifically the Hyperx headset's microphone. When I use my sound desk as the mic, it's fine. Strange one, bit of an inconvenience, but I can live with it, the headset's still pretty decent.

Anyone here have the Razer Kraken 7.1? If so, what's the general concensus on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

• Advertisement

Had a set of them before and found the sound to be too tinny. I use a set of Astro A50's but was just wondering on the Razer's quality. I know there's loads of YouTube reviews but was just wondering if any Boardsies used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bigphil2 wrote: »

Mine just broke above the hinges after 3 years, seems to be a major fault as it's happening to a lot of people. Big crack in the same spot on the other side too. Good headset though.

Anyone seen Astro A50 or SteelSeries Siberia 800 for under €200 anywhere? Or any other good deals? Need one for PS4 and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

any thoughts on the sennheiser g4me one?? I'm fairly close to buying them and I was thinking would I be better off buying krakens or what else would you suggest?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Mine just broke above the hinges after 3 years, seems to be a major fault as it's happening to a lot of people. Big crack in the same spot on the other side too. Good headset though.

Anyone seen Astro A50 or SteelSeries Siberia 800 for under €200 anywhere? Or any other good deals? Need one for PS4 and PC.

siberia 800 its the xbox specific model but its the exact same other than a specific cable for the xbox. Have it myself, really nice wireless headset

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

siberia 800 its the xbox specific model but its the exact same other than a specific cable for the xbox. Have it myself, really nice wireless headset
    That doesn't include the chat cable for ps4.

ShaneU wrote: »
    That doesn't include the chat cable for ps4.

dont know man, i use it for audio on my pc or ps4 but i dont play mp on ps4 so dont know about the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

any thoughts on the sennheiser g4me one?? I'm fairly close to buying them and I was thinking would I be better off buying krakens or what else would you suggest?

They're rated quite highly so would be well worth a punt.

marko93 wrote: »
    They're rated quite highly so would be well worth a punt.
    Found a pair brand new for 100 not too bad so

guy over the sennheisers let me down grrrr. need to get a headset for the weekend.. what would be decent on pc without costing an absolute fortune? 100-120 area

• Advertisement

Go with the GSP 300 or 350's. You won't be dissappointed.

Advertisement