Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New headset time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Yeah must say I do love my cloud 2's, love using them for my phone while traveling as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah the Cloud 2's are a really sweet bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

really tempted to pick up a 2nd pair at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Mickeroo wrote: »

Which one of you bastards took the last one in Fonthill ... as I was buying it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Insane bargain.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Which one of you bastards took the last one in Fonthill ... as I was buying it?

Don't look at me I got mine from Amazon a month a go for 70 or so and thought I had gotten a great deal :p

If you're not arsed about the 7.1 virtual surround the Xbox branded headset, x cloud pro x or something is much the same but without the USB sound card AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

picked mine up awhile ago

very premium feel headset

no too try out some games

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't look at me I got mine from Amazon a month a go for 70 or so and thought I had gotten a great deal :p

I got one out of Blanchardstown instead, for the missus admittedly. I've a wireless Steelseries Siberia 800 coming for myself next week. Decided to go without wires, because the new kitten keeps eating cables. Still decided to go for one as it was good value and she needed a decent headset.

• Advertisement

how do they compare considering yours are a lot more expensive?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jebus, I don't need it but for fifty quid I think I might have to pick one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Anyone here have any experience with the Artcis 7 headset? Need a wireless one for my setup due to all the sound ports but looking for the cheapest one and best quality one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Anyone here have any experience with the Artcis 7 headset? Need a wireless one for my setup due to all the sound ports but looking for the cheapest one and best quality one.
    http://m.thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-headset/#a-pick-for-those-who-hate-wires
    LucidSound LS30 is on Amazon UK for £100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Jamiekelly wrote: »

I have a set of the Arctis 3. Very comfortable and great mic quality.

keeping my eye out for a good wireless headset myself, never heard of lucidsound, must have a look

Picked up one of the last two or three Cloud II's on the shelf in Blanchardstown about an hour or so ago. Even the staff were shocked at the price and said there'd been 7 there this morning.

Edit:
    Ooooh, this is so comfy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Got one in Carrickmines at lunch - they just had a shipment this morning and have loads in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Thanks for the heads up, they didn't have cloud 2's in Smyths locally so bought a set in Argos for 94euro and had them price match to 50euro, sweet

Argos will do that?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    Argos will do that?
    Yep, I just said to them "your price promise" and showed them one of the Smyth's locations it was available from on my phone and no problem getting 44euro refunded

I never knew Argos did that, will certainly be remembering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I bought my set just after Christmas in Argos at like €94 which I thought was a good price at the time. €50 is an incredible price, I've been delighted with them since I got them.

I find them too be WAYY to loud and I still havn't figured out how to manage the volumes properly. I tend to like having my PC at 100% volume and use the volume control on peripherals to manage, but these Hyper X are just ridiculously loud, like blowing the ears of me loud.

Had to drop the volume on my PC down in the end to like 40% so that when I opened a programme I hadn't used since I got them doesnt make me deaf.

I literally have to have netflix and youtube videos on a fraction of volume, with the PC volume at 30% for it to be comfortable listening. Only downside to them so far and not sure how to manage it.

Feedback from mates on the mic has been its great, and they are extremely comfortable

Do they not come with a physical volume changer cable? Mine did. The one I got for the gf also did (hers is newer and better though).

I don't have any issue with the wire, my only issue at the moment and which is moreso a lack of time to set it up right is that the on lead volume control i s quite heavy( relative to my old corsair 1500's ) and keeps getting caught under the armrest of my chair, its minor though and ill shorten the cable and find a sweet spot, other than that great headset, especially for the price.

Havnt tried the 7.1 yet, that was generally horrible on my old corsairs, I also only tried YouTube so far, hopefully will get to test it on games tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

7.1 is great on the cloud II, particularly in games, but I keep it on for general use as well.

yeah ive noticed that the 7.1 with the clouds is fantastic while playing the likes of battlegrounds, i can pinpoint gunfire/cars/people so easy. I also love the removable mic, i use them for listening to music while traveling quite a lot

they have got new stock in so bought another pair in Jervis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Using mine since December and they are a great piece of kit,great sound,really comfortable.
    I find the virtual 7.1 to be hit and miss, really boils down to the game.

Really cant fault them for full asking price nevermind mind this cut price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The 7.1 is completely fake. All it does is emphasise lower volume noises so you get more an impression of the surrounding environment, it is absolutely not directional at all.

Games like Battlegrounds have very clever software that manages to create pretty convincing surround sound using just two speakers, which is all a headset has. It works perfectly with the Cloud's 7.1 turned off, and probably works even better with it off.

I definitely found it was much harder to hear the direction of footsteps accurately with the 7.1 mode turned on in CSGO, for example. It muddles up the otherwise clear soundscape the game generates.

The only way to have true surround sound is to have multiple speakers in a circle around you. After that the next bet is clever use of stereo to fake it (which is what most games with good directional sound do). Anything that claims to generate surround sound out of no where is going to be butchering the sound design.

Advertisement