Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy Racers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Kal El wrote: »
    Why, if the shoe fits which in this case it does, why not use it. If anything its quiet a tame slur

Did they have cerebral palsy then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

foggy_lad wrote: »
    All the Passat drivers in the county go to the same guy at NCT time to borrow his legal exhaust for a few days for the test:D I kid you not, this type of thing happens regularly!

Surely the guards can clamp down on it, after a quick google it says the modified exhausts arent legal or did they not follow through with it :confused:

petrolcan wrote: »
    Did they have cerebral palsy then?

So you think thats the only time thats used. Good lad yeah :rolleyes:
    For someone not affected you sure are jumping to conclusions

So you think thats the only time thats used. Good lad yeah :rolleyes:
    For someone not affected you sure are jumping to conclusions

Hey, if you feel that using derogatory terms is okay then fill your boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Only if they flash.

Can you list the S.I. that states these lamps must flash to be illegal?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1963/si/189/made/en/print

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭sjb25

All you needed in those days was a big exhaust pipe. Simple times.

Give it a few revs passing the ladies just to show how big it is the exhaust that is obviously

Surely the guards can clamp down on it, after a quick google it says the modified exhausts arent legal or did they not follow through with it :confused:

There is a noise limit/ was at the time I was involved in this stuff don't ask me what it is/was we all got pulled in one night Garda had a tester for it good few pretty loud cars passed few didn't got a fine

Hey, if you feel that using derogatory terms is okay then fill your boots.

Off course I do, If you feel thats the worst thats said on boards, well I feel sorry for you :rolleyes:

sjb25 wrote: »
    There is a noise limit/ was at the time I was involved in this stuff don't ask me what it is/was we all got pulled in one night Garda had a tester for it good few pretty loud cars passed few didn't got a fine

From my very basic google job, they get a warning to change the exhaust then fine summons etc. But this is from back back in the day

From my very basic google job, they get a warning to change the exhaust then fine summons etc. But this is from back back in the day

Was about 10-12 years ago when Myself and the lads got pulled over I no at least to got fines at the time mine passed :)

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Can you list the S.I. that states these lamps must flash to be illegal?

It's in the explanatory note at the bottom

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2006/si/342/made/en/print

Off course I do, If you feel thats the worst thats said on boards, well I feel sorry for you :rolleyes:

Please don't feel sorry for me.

Kal El

Please don't feel sorry for me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

White lights only on the front and red to the rear plus orange side marker lights are all legal the rest is nope.

It's in the explanatory note at the bottom

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2006/si/342/made/en/print
    41 Restrictions on lighting-colour.

41. (1) (a) A vehicle shall not be equipped with lighting which when lit shows any light to the front of the vehicle except a white or yellow light.

(b) The provisions of paragraph (a) of this sub-article shall not apply as respects direction indicators.

(2) (a) A vehicle shall not be equipped with lighting which when lit shows any light to the rear of the vehicle except a red light.

(b) The provisions of paragraph (a) of this sub-article shall not apply as respects:—

(i) lighting used for the internal illumination of the vehicle;

(ii) lighting used for the illumination of a taximeter;

(iii) direction indicators;

(iv) identification mark lighting;

(v) reversing lamps;

(vi) lighting used for the illumination of a notice on a large public service vehicle giving information as to the route or destination of the vehicle;

(vii) lighting used on a vehicle being driven by a member of the Garda Síochána in the performance of his duties as such member;

(viii) a lamp fitted to a goods vehicle and intended and used only for the purpose of facilitating unloading while the vehicle is stationary;

(ix) a ploughing lamp fitted to a vehicle used for agricultural purposes and used only for the purpose of facilitating ploughing or other similar operations.

(3) (a) For the purposes of sub-article (2) of this article "reversing lamps" means not more than two lamps fitted to a vehicle and designed to show, when lit, a white or yellow light to the rear of the vehicle and complying with the provisions of this sub-article.

(b) The lamps shall be so constructed that they cannot be switched on otherwise than either—

(i) automatically by the selection of the reverse gear of the vehicle, or

(ii) by the operation of a control by the driver of the vehicle, being a control which serves no other purpose and which is accompanied by a device, visible to the driver at all times while he is in the driver's seat, to indicate when the lamp is lit.

(c) Where two lamps are fitted, they shall be as nearly as possible of the same power, each lamp being of a power not exceeding 24 watts.

(d) Where only one lamp is fitted, it shall be of a power not exceeding 24 watts.

42 Restrictions on flashing lights.

42. No lamp (other than direction indicators) fitted to a vehicle shall show or be constructed or adapted so as to be capable of showing a flashing light unless such light is invisible to persons outside the vehicle.

43 Restrictions on lighting-movement.

43. (1) Subject to sub-article (2) of this article and sub-article (2) of article 47 of these Regulations, there shall not be fitted to a mechanically propelled vehicle or trailer a lamp visible from outside the vehicle (other than a movable lamp or a lamp used for the internal illumination of the vehicle) such that the direction of a beam of light from such lamp may be altered by the driver or by a passenger in or on the vehicle.

(2) The beam of light shown from not more than two lamps (other than side lamps, or fog lamps within the meaning of article 44 of these Regulations) capable of showing a light to the front of a mechanically propelled vehicle may be deflected to either side by the lateral movement of, although not necessarily through the same angle as, the front wheels of the vehicle.

(3) In sub-article (1) of this article, "movable lamp" means a lamp fitted to a vehicle—

(a) which is constructed so that it can be swivelled or otherwise moved by the driver or a passenger in the vehicle, and

(b) which is fitted to a vehicle owned or used by a public utility undertaking and which is used for the purpose of illuminating works or equipment of such public utility undertaking.

That's me corrected, thanks.
    You're most welcome

Advertisement