Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I doubt the garda will waste their time investigating this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

We've lost the global war on murder.
    It's time to legalise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

His nickname stems from the time he took park in drug trials as a teen to make a few bob.

Does the fact that he became a dealer indicate success or failure for the trials? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The only victim here us the poor fecker that owns the car that got burnt out.

I doubt the garda will waste their time investigating this

I should ****ing hope not!
    It's the first time I've ever felt like the killers should get a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The only victim here us the poor fecker that owns the car that got burnt out.

Or the Garda that had to knock on the families door.

Must of been a very hard job. ( Pretending you gave a sh1t )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

latest?cb=20100909233023

Maybe the people of lucan can finally be safe once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Ted111 wrote: »
    More like we should criminalise beer, sugar, burgers and comedy shows and then wonder why we spend billions failing to stop them happening anyway.
    Besides, murder is pretty much by definition affecting someone else. Your drug use is up to you and you alone if it's legalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Not saying any of these lads are the full shilling, but I never understood how leaving a rotting corpse in a canal helped you collect a debt.

FortySeven wrote: »
    Makes sure nobody else makes the same mistake. They think it is respect they get. They're too thick to realise it's fear.

I remember this case the two lads were caught smuggling his drugs from amsterdam at the airportand were facing charges. He was afraid they'd rat on him.
    wasn't over a debt as such

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Ted111 wrote: »
    Actually homicide rates are dropping dramatically over time

• Advertisement

There was partying going on at the scene last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

arayess wrote: »
    I remember this case the two lads were caught smuggling his drugs from amsterdam at the airportand were facing charges. He was afraid they'd rat on him.
    wasn't over a debt as such

darren carey was not caught smuggling drugs at the airport, there was two caught alright but idarren carey wasnt one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

I should ****ing hope not!
    It's the first time I've ever felt like the killers should get a pass.

Yeah until they kill someone innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    Yeah until they kill someone innocent.

My Dad lives where there has been a number of shootings (some less than 50 metres away.) Visiting I often think of a family member being in the right/wrong place at a particular time,ie a sliding doors scenario.

I often think of young Anthony Campbell the 20 year old Apprentice plumber murdered when the hit men came for Hyland.

That young lad was totally innocent and his family have not had any justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

There was partying going on at the scene last night.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

Killer gets killed, next news story please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

tomofson wrote: »
    Source?

Desmond was well known to the Gardaí and is suspected of involvement in a number of serious crimes, including murder. Some men in a car that arrived at the scene in Lucan last night openly celebrated his death.

Gardaí find weapon in burnt out car near Lucan murder scene, Irish times Saturday .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gangland-killing-linked-to-kinahanhutch-blood-feud-35266262.html

Jim cussack must have been dreaming earlier than usual last night,The majority of what he just written above is totally false , Does he actually get paid for writing that ? How much would he be on a year ? There has to be an opportunity for a decent crime reporter in Ireland to emerge.

Who would you reckon is the best around at the Moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gangland-killing-linked-to-kinahanhutch-blood-feud-35266262.html

Jim cussack must have been dreaming earlier than usual last night,The majority of what he just written above is totally false , Does he actually get paid for writing that ? How much would he be on a year ? There has to be an opportunity for a decent crime reporter in Ireland to emerge.

I like Barry Cummins and Paul Reynolds. Both are very knowledgeable and to the point on anything that happens.
    There`s little to no sensationalising with either of them.
    A stark contrast to the likes of Paul Williams who I`d imagine creams himself thinking about the positive effect the latest gangland murder is going to have on his bank balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

In what way ? I would say they did it as quick as possible as he was well known for been able to have a fight, anyway they would have just did there job ! and wanted to get away asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

tomofson wrote: »
    Well that was a surprise, out of all the people you would expect to get it this year he was way down on the list.

Just out of curiosity, who would of topped such list?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, who would of topped such list?

You'd top my list for saying 'would of'.

Omackeral wrote: »

Woody

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Omackeral wrote: »

Grammar Gangster in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Victim was a nice chap from what I've read of him, reap what you sow and all that.

I think the main source of this gangland problem though stems from following the U.S/U.K socio-economic model, similar sized countries like Norway or Finland don't seem to have this sort of crime to such an extent, they're more socially cohesive and inclusive with not such a gulf between a 'knacker' underclass and the middles.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

It's pointless violence, he'll just be replaced by the New Guinea Pig in a short while.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Grammar Gangster in the house.

I think that's taken. You really should of picked a different name.

Joe prim wrote: »
    It's pointless violence, he'll just be replaced by the New Guinea Pig in a short while.

That's quite excellent I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Jim Cusack linked him to the death of Maurice "bo bo" ward even though he was in custody when ward was shot. He also claimed he was the likely gunman for the corbally brothers in 2010, but he was hated by both the corbally's and their rivals. Where does he honestly get these "facts" from?

And I would highly doubt hes killing has anything to do with either the kinihans or Hutches.

Advertisement