Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your phone insured?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

mad muffin wrote: »
    Never have. Including my current iPhone. €889 iPhone 7.

It's in your boards name you half bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Anyone can spend their money how ever they see fit. However a fool and their money it has to be said.
    Like take this for example... Say i go out tomorrow and pay €400 for a toaster and then post that to boards. Don't tell me you wouldn't call me an ejjit. But yet, it's my money tho.

But the funny thing is you would be right for calling me an ejjit.

Yeah because toasters and phones are exactly the same.

One you use for about 2-3 mins, probably not even everyday. The other many people would use pretty much constantly.

400 would be overpaying for a toaster. If someone paid 4000 for their iPhone then that would be a better analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I've a Dual Sim Xiaomi Mi 4c. It's almost like a prank that this phone can be bought so cheap with the specs it has. Have it a year and it's the best phone I've ever had. It can even record your calls. Although I haven't figured out why I would want to just yet. Maybe an argument with a family member where they claim to not have said something they did and then just play back the call to them as they're denying it.

Best thing about it though is that it has a Dual Sim hot swap drawer on the side and so you don't have to turn the phone on and off to throw the different sims in and out of it. Which is excellent for me as I use Three for Data and Tesco for calls. Why don't I just swap my 086 to Three you ask? Well, *sometimes* (honest Mr.Three) I like to use the Three sim in a modem and if I switched networks then I wouldn't know when someone was calling my 086.

So no, don't have my phone insured as it only cost me €125 on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

All the posters on their high horses shocked at people spending money on phones *eyeroll*

I view mine as a mini computer because that's essentially what it is, and as such I'm happy to pay the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    It's in your boards name you half bake.

Even a broken iPhone is worth more than any working android phone ;)

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    No. Cost of the insurance works just as much as the cost of the phone. If phone breaks within warranty, get repaired. If lost, buy a new one.

If you buy cheap android phones yes if you buy a premium phone no chance. Two years insurance for my iPhone 6 has cost less than 200 euro if I were to have saved that 200 euro it would only be half the cost of buying a second hand iPhone 6 which despite being two years old sell for 400 euro plus, never mind replacing it with a brand new phone which would be 700 euro.

Advertisement