Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

God damn you all :P

Sounds great, though it will have to wait a few months, my credit card needs a rest after Christmas!
    I got the 11c in the last sales, and its been great for managing loose dog hair and crumbs from my toddler. I would recommend.

How do you find it with a child? Mine is always living little toys around on the ground all over the place. Does that cause problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bk wrote: »

Sounds great, though it will have to wait a few months, my credit card needs a rest after Christmas!

How do you find it with a child? Mine is always living little toys around on the ground all over the place. Does that cause problems?

You would need these to be lifted out of its way.

Get a routine going so pick all up at night etc and let vac do its job when asleep or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

bk wrote: »

My daughter is 3 and loves seeing the robot working. She like to pretend its chasing her and run around the place.

With regards to toys, yes you will have to pick up the toys and leave the floor clear for the robovac to work. I usually have mine work at night or when house is empty, and once I got an alert that it was stuck, after running over a random dolls leg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

One thing to note is that you will need to lift any small pet toys or strings as it will suck them up too. I had mine catch a charger lead and wrap it around its brush. (no issue the robovac just shuts down with no damage done to the vacuum or lead, but no cleaning done then, so it is worth moving small toys or charging leads out of the way. Larger items/toys, golf ball size and up are fine as it just avoids these.)

Good info that! Pets are like kids in that sense - toys all over! Only, try to teach a cat to put their toys away :confused::D
    But all toys are sort of golf-ball range or bigger in size, though softer. The string-y ones are supervised play only so no worry there.

Right, bring on bonus month (Black Friday is too far away...), this is now top of my wish-list!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

I have the Xiaomi Roborock. Got it off aliexpress eu so no customs.
    Really really impressive bit of kit.
    Just need to get it working with Google Home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Eufy 30c - best purchase ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quiggs1000

degsie wrote: »

I have 3 of these cameras, and whilst the quality of the recording and the ease of use is great, the fact that they use non-standard batteries is a real disadvantage. You end up buy loads of these batteries, or trying inferior rechargeable versions that Arlo don't recommend. There's a newer model with a built-in rechargeable battery that's significantly more expensive.

One other thing to note, I don't think the link above includes the base station - this is just for an additional camera to add to an existing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

thecivvie wrote: »
    Amazon have a deal of the day on some Eufy Robovacs.

Eufy [BoostIQ RoboVac 30C, Wi-Fi, Upgraded, Super-Thin, 1500Pa Strong Suction, 13 ft Boundary Strips Included, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DDDB34D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ulVrCbMSHZZB9
    £269 - > £202

Eufy RoboVac 11, High Suction, Self-Docking, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Drop-Sensing Technology, Designed for Hard Floor and Thin Carpet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078SN5R19/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YmVrCb7CF1T7D

£209 - > £146
    I got the Robovac 30c in the black friday sales.
    Have to say, probably the best purchase I have made in a long time.
    Easy to setup and use with surprisingly good cleaning capability.

While id doesn't have mapping, after watching/inspecting these last 2 months, I can confirm it still does get everywhere, and the edge cleaning mode is very good! There is never any issues with it returning to base (I keep the base under the sofa)

Also have mats about 2 inches thick, glides over these without any issues and picks up all the dog hair.

There is also a noticeable improvement on the air quality imo, which i put down to running the robovac every day keeping the dust down.

Highly recommend these it you are in the market for a one but don't want to fork out a fortune.
    limnam wrote: »
    Picked one up to on black Friday as above, probably one of the best purchases I've made in a really long time, very impressive bit of kit.
    I got the 11c in the last sales, and its been great for managing loose dog hair and crumbs from my toddler. I would recommend.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Eufy 30c - best purchase ever.

DEMONS!! The whole lot of ye!

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    DEMONS!! The whole lot of ye!

Did I mention I have it linked to my amazon echo dot, so I can say the command "Alexa, ask Robovac to start cleaning" and away it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

thecivvie wrote: »
    Amazon have a deal of the day on some Eufy Robovacs.

Eufy [BoostIQ RoboVac 30C, Wi-Fi, Upgraded, Super-Thin, 1500Pa Strong Suction, 13 ft Boundary Strips Included, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DDDB34D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ulVrCbMSHZZB9
    £269 - > £202

Eufy RoboVac 11, High Suction, Self-Docking, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Drop-Sensing Technology, Designed for Hard Floor and Thin Carpet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078SN5R19/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YmVrCb7CF1T7D

£209 - > £146

I found another website selling them cheaper than Amazon, not sure on the credibility of the website but its based in Austria.

Edit :

Seems Pretty good reviews on trusted shops EU.

https://www.trustedshops.eu/buyerrating/info_XDBB84BC5B11AEE1C02D327B2B25701ED.html

Excellent

4.72/5.00 - 384 reviews in the last 12 months

But on trust pilot its pretty bad

Less than 2/10 - 30 reviews.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.myrobotcenter.de

Eufy RoboVac 11 Robot Vacuum - with Free 5 Year Guarantee €169 + €10 GLS delivery.

The links below are special prices until 25.01.19

Eufy RoboVac 11s Robot Vacuum - with Free 5 Year Guarantee €199 + €10 GLS Delivery

Eufy RoboVac 11c (550c) Robot Vacuum - with Free 5 Year Guarantee €249 + €10 GLS Delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Did I mention I have it linked to my amazon echo dot, so I can say the command "Alexa, ask Robovac to start cleaning" and away it goes.

Anyone know how the Google Assistant support is?

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

How do those robot vacuums handle door saddles, or transitioning from wooden floor to a rug (there'd be a lip to overcome)?

In a test setting type house they're great, but I look at my house and I see all the potential obstacles (rug, door saddle, hard door saddle, "rustic" kitchen tiles that are really just badly put down causing bumps).

Interesting robo vacuum test video here for anyone interested:
    Eufy 11s gets top marks in his budget category.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone know how the Google Assistant support is?

EufyHome is a listed supported device in Google Assistant.

Google says yes:
    https://www.eufylife.com/pages/google-assistant-en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Just received email from Amazon to offer 20% off the Ring Doorbell 2, just use promo code Ring20

How do those robot vacuums handle door saddles, or transitioning from wooden floor to a rug (there'd be a lip to overcome)?

In a test setting type house they're great, but I look at my house and I see all the potential obstacles (rug, door saddle, hard door saddle, "rustic" kitchen tiles that are really just badly put down causing bumps).

On my 11c, I have no issue going from tile to light carpet. It can handle a small metal strip type door saddle OK, but the larger wooden saddle in may get stuck. I don't have those type to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

THE ALM wrote: »
    Just received email from Amazon to offer 20% off the Ring Doorbell 2, just use promo code Ring20

Tried this, but no joy :(

tusk wrote: »
    Tried this, but no joy :(

Just checked the T&C's and it does say for selected customers, sorry.

Deal on a Hue dimmer kit of a wireless switch and white bulb.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

30C has very good clearance, gets over the rugs and saddles easily

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

I don't have any door saddles but I do have several 2 inch thick rugs/mats around the house and the robovac 30c has no issue with these. Glides over them without pause.

Given the things I have seen it drive over in my own house I would be surprised if any of the above cause any issues.

While it is not essential, I would recommend the 'C' models, as these are the ones with wifi capability. I find it useful being able to control it with my phone from work, and see the battery level etc.

(The 30c version is newer than the 11c and I think has better suction as well as more robust wheels to climb over objects)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭andydurnin

Anyone ever use these: VIGICA 2.1A USB Charger 13A WiFi Wall Socket Smart Switch Outlet. Are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The Eufy is quite nice but their Google assistant integration is poor, it's just not linking at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Google minis back to €35 at Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Daithi Thorn

The Eufy is quite nice but their Google assistant integration is poor, it's just not linking at all.

For the robot vacuums, if you have them set to come on at night time when you are in bed, do the lights have to be on in order for them to work? Or can they work in the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

For the robot vacuums, if you have them set to come on at night time when you are in bed, do the lights have to be on in order for them to work? Or can they work in the dark?

Only for the ones that have eyes.

rb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

No lights required, the Eufy is random movement based anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Daithi Thorn

No lights required, the Eufy is random movement based anyway.

So the Eufy just work of banging into things, and learning from that? Or do they have cameras built in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone else getting tired of these assistants?

I'm fed up having to say Hey google, It be great if you could personalize it and call it Bill or Betty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting tired of these assistants?

I'm fed up having to say Hey google, It be great if you could personalize it and call it Bill or Betty.

Alexa

Advertisement