Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

UK launch on the 6th April. And Google WiFi too

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Retailing for £129 which is €149 euro - pretty much what I paid for my one from the US when I include the shipping - happy with that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

UK only?, any word of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Amazon discount of Echo and Echo Dot in 3,2,1...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

I wonder if our Google homes will change to UK firmware and get support for more news stations etc! Might just have to flash the firmwares would be worth it though! Would be interesting to know if we will get a UK warranty aswell

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I wonder if our Google homes will change to UK firmware and get support for more news stations etc! Might just have to flash the firmwares would be worth it though! Would be interesting to know if we will get a UK warranty aswell

Well they have already added a UK voice, so I suspect that you will just be able to switch the location to UK and it will end up getting any extra UK specific functionality.

bk wrote: »
    Well they have already added a UK voice, so I suspect that you will just be able to switch the location to UK and it will end up getting any extra UK specific functionality.

Hopefully they make.it that easy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Just noticed a few new home control devices showing up. Options to add Lifx, wink and a couple of others

How do you get the home to see new Hue lights? I added 2 new lights today and they aren't showing in the Google Home app

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

matrim wrote: »
    Just noticed a few new home control devices showing up. Options to add Lifx, wink and a couple of others

Logitech Harmony control too :D

Alexa maybe finally leaving my living room.

Also looks like the Hue support is back to being direct to the hub so you can now hook it up to home assistant using the emulated_hue component.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

matrim wrote: »
    Also looks like the Hue support is back to being direct to the hub so you can now hook it up to home assistant using the emulated_hue component.

Sorry, could you explain that a but more?

Just noticed I can now change my google home's voice to English (UK), it gets a british accent! I have to say I have grown fond of the american one though ;):p

Sorry, could you explain that a but more?

Since about November when you paired with Hue it asked you to login to your hue account and I think all commands may have gone through the internet. When I relinked my account this evening it asked me to push the button on the Hue hub to link to my lights and commands are going over my local network. Overall this should be faster and more stable than having to go to the Hue website all the time.

Home assistant is software to control your IoT devices (there are other thread about it). It can emulate a Hue hub and be discovered by you Google home. This allows you to send commands to other iot devices by having home assistant make then look like Hue lights. For example I can now say "hey Google, turn on the television" and turn on my TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

My GH just randomly started playing music I didn't recognise. Don't have it connected to any streaming service either. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Yamanoto wrote: »
    My GH just randomly started playing music I didn't recognise. Don't have it connected to any streaming service either. :confused:

It's the NSA/CIA testing their remote control options.

--

I see Google Home is being sold in the UK this Thursday. I'll be staying awake to buy one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Wasn't there was talk of an update a while ago that confirmed Harmony compatibility? Some new features would be pretty welcome at this stage.

My GH suddenly doesn't pick up a few stations, such as RedFM (Local cork sation). Was saying how it isn't supported on TuneIn, even though I was listening to it the day before. Now it says not available on iHeartRadio in your country. Can't find RTE 1 or RTE 2 anymore. I seem to be only able to play Today FM now, which used to be broken. Strange!

Yeah, same for me for RedFM. Rte Radio 1 and 2 work fine with:

"Hey Google, play RTE Radio 1"

bk wrote: »
    Yeah, same for me for RedFM. Rte Radio 1 and 2 work fine with:

"Hey Google, play RTE Radio 1"

Seems like saying radio 1 has made it work! Interesting how it seems to be constantly changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My GH suddenly doesn't pick up a few stations, such as RedFM (Local cork sation). Was saying how it isn't supported on TuneIn, even though I was listening to it the day before. Now it says not available on iHeartRadio in your country. Can't find RTE 1 or RTE 2 anymore. I seem to be only able to play Today FM now, which used to be broken. Strange!
    Red Fm is gone from my tunein radio app on my phone since yesterday morning.
    Says that type of steam is not supported and to contact the radio station.

Seems like saying radio 1 has made it work! Interesting how it seems to be constantly changing.

That seems to be an issue with TuneIn in general rather then specific to GH. The Amazon Echo has similar issues.

It seems to be because TuneIn works something like a search engine and it keeps updating and changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Has anyone managed to order one from the UK today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

i did via john lewis, friends uk address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

jogdish wrote: »
    i did via john lewis, friends uk address.

Maplin and Parcel Motel for me, got an email this evening to advise it has shipped.

Advertisement