Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Deals - Echo 120 Dot 40 Netatmo 99 Harmony Elite 130, etc.

Options
124»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

That could be it - Mine was delivered fine earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

You need a bridge for all hue lights, you can use a dimmer switch with the lights with no bridge, but you'll only be able to dim them in white only which is pointless.

will hue work with an old fashioned dimmer switch ?

I have a dimmer on a spur, will i have to disconnect it before i switch the bulb?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

donegal. wrote: »
    will hue work with an old fashioned dimmer switch ?

I have a dimmer on a spur, will i have to disconnect it before i switch the bulb?

You will need to leave the dimmer switched on full and then use the app/voice commands to turn the light on and off or alternatively set timers on the app for it to come on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

Philips Hue LightStrips are down to EUR 36,00 today on Amazon Germany and there are some more Philips products under their Today's Deals section.

LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

That looks like the old lightstrip just so people are aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks like it is just the extension strip without the power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

B22 Philips Hue bulbs are Deal of the Day on Amazon. £25 per bulb or £86 for a B22 starter pack and the new bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Silverfluffs

SachaJ wrote: »
    B22 Philips Hue bulbs are Deal of the Day on Amazon. £25 per bulb or £86 for a B22 starter pack and the new bridge.

That is a tremendous price. Is the starter kit any different from this one which is still £149.99? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LF9G9HC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

The pricier kit you've linked to has the 3rd generation Richer Colours bulbs - so better blues & greens etc.

Beast of a price for the other starter kit though.

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »
    The pricier kit you've linked to has the 3rd generation Richer Colours bulbs - so better blues & greens etc.

Beast of a price for the other starter kit though.

Cheers pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone have echo hooked up to the hive?

"Turn on christmas lights" is great, out of the box etc.

Command for hive (using the smart home skill) is "Set my downstairs to 20 degrees" or "increase the downstairs" both work ok but we normally just boost. Also there doesn't seem to be a hot water "device"

Installed the other version of the skill and the following work "tell hive to boost my hot water" and "Tell hive to boost my heating." But the heating one does across all zones.

Any tips or advice?

// Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

SachaJ wrote: »

Is this gone, I can't find it - the starter pack

Is this gone, I can't find it - the starter pack

It was sold out this this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hahaha I am way off the mark! Thanks

Advertisement