Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Deals - Echo 120 Dot 40 Netatmo 99 Harmony Elite 130, etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

adox wrote: »
    Yeah it works fine with it. Thats what I have mine paired with at the moment.

E27 Philips Hue bulb lightning deal right now. £29.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

SachaJ wrote: »
    E27 Philips Hue bulb lightning deal right now. £29.99

Ah balls :(

I missed the B22 myself. Theres a lightning deal on just the white bulbs in the morning if they are of any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The anker 20w speaker is in lightening deal, reduced from £43to £33 for those of you who have a dot.

Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance E27 on a lightning deal with 40% off at 17:34 tomorrow (prime gets access 30 mins earlier).

• Advertisement

Guys. How are you setting up the Dots? Can't get the iPhone app from the App Store as its not released in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Guys. How are you setting up the Dots? Can't get the iPhone app from the App Store as its not released in Ireland.

You can sideload the app, I haven't looked into that yet but lots of info in here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057668556

or just go online to alexa.amazon.co.uk and set it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Are the starter kits ever reduced? Looking at the B22 starter kit and it seems to have stayed at 150 according to camel camel

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

s_carnage wrote: »
    Are the starter kits ever reduced? Looking at the B22 starter kit and it seems to have stayed at 150 according to camel camel

Not on the UK site that I've seen.
    Its been reduced on .fr and .es amazon over the last 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

s_carnage wrote: »

Usually there are, but there didn't seem to be any reductions on them on amazon uk this year. Though there was on the amazon es, fr and de sites. I assume the effect of Brexit and cheap sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

You need a Uk account. Google setting up a UK iTunes account without entering payment details. Pretty straight forward.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance E27 on a lightning deal with 40% off at 17:34 tomorrow (prime gets access 30 mins earlier).

I don't see it!

Edit, see it now

I don't see it!

Have you purchased one already?

Think they may be a limiting how many you can pick up.

This is showing at £29.99 for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Light-Bulbs/Philips-Ambiance-Wireless-lighting-Colours/B01LVXIM42/ref=pd_ys_c_rfy_213077031_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P2410HE0TXR77DV9WV5F

Got one, yes, it's limited to 1 per customer, ended up getting another sensor as well!!

I didn't need the bulb but I'm interested in trying out one of the richer colours versions!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Do you need bridge for this or can I buy one on its own?

Sneachta wrote: »
    Do you need bridge for this or can I buy one on its own?

You need a bridge for all hue lights, you can use a dimmer switch with the lights with no bridge, but you'll only be able to dim them in white only which is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

It's 29.99 on deal. It when I add to basket and go to pay, it's 49.99 - am I the only one?

It's 29.99 on deal. It when I add to basket and go to pay, it's 49.99 - am I the only one?

Just bought one at £29.99. Are you looking at the price before discount by any chance? And definitely selecting the E27?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just bought one at £29.99. Are you looking at the price before discount by any chance? And definitely selecting the E27?

You usually have to go all the way through to see the offer price.

• Advertisement

The discount is only applied at the very final payment stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Got.it. thanks lads.

You need a bridge of or all hue lights, you can use a dimmer switch with the lights with no bridge, but you'll only be able to dim them in white only which is pointless.

Not strictly true. The Iris etc can be used on their own.

adox wrote: »
    Not strictly true. The Iris etc can be used on their own.

With full colour functionality?

How? Direct connection to the phone/app?

With full colour functionality?

How? Direct connection to the phone/app?

They come with a remote. Had them before I got the hub. Yeah full colour. They have a scroll wheel to go through the colours and two favs buttons. Increase/decrease colour and increase/decrease brightness buttons also

Is that not the non hue Iris? Or does the original with the remote also work with hue? As prior to hue, they did the Iris & Bloom as non hue lights

Is that not the non hue Iris? Or does the original with the remote also work with hue? As prior to hue, they did the Iris & Bloom as non hue lights

They work with Hue as well. As said I had them first with no hub. Used the remotes with them. Bought the hub and they conncted straight up and never use the remotes any more.

In fact I have a Philips Hue Go lamp on the way to me and I'm pretty sure that too can be used as a standalone as well as with the hub.

Yes, the Go can work directly with the phone app, without a hub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone have any issues with amazon requesting a signature from parcel wizard for an Echo order?
    Amazon Logistics attempted to deliver your package but couldn't leave it unattended. If you’d still like to receive it, please contact Amazon Logistics, quoting your tracking ID xxxxxxxxx, to make alternative delivery arrangements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with amazon requesting a signature from parcel wizard for an Echo order?

Just ask them to deliver tomorrow. There nobody there on Sunday to sign for delivery.

Advertisement