Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

I tried all those codes but none of them work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

15Y-GCR5QWFC94

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Thanks for that but it must have expired as it doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Deal was until the 15th so all have expired now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The code I put up was valid to 24/9, but nobody sent me a message to say they used it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I know this is not the right place to ask this but what is actually needed to get started with Sonos? If I was to get a Play 1 or 3 is that enough or is some sort of hub also needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just the speaker is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I started with a Play 1 last year. No need for a hub, set up was easy.

I picked mine up on Black Friday last year, £145 ....keep an eye on Amazon on Black Friday, there might be another offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

err what are chances discount, amount? on black friday?? or should i just buy it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 binnox

It looks like sonos might have been clearing out stock with the discount code. I just got a mail about a new Sonos One.

'The Smart Speaker for Music Lovers
    The new Sonos One with future-ready voice control'

http://www.sonos.com/en-ie/shop/one.html?utm_source=owners&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta2-IE&utm_campaign=sonosone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

binnox wrote: »
    It looks like sonos might have been clearing out stock with the discount code. I just got a mail about a new Sonos One.

'The Smart Speaker for Music Lovers
    The new Sonos One with future-ready voice control'

http://www.sonos.com/en-ie/shop/one.html?utm_source=owners&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta2-IE&utm_campaign=sonosone
    Free shipping and 100 day trial. Send it back after 99 days? Is that a bargain then?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

tinner777 wrote: »
    err what are chances discount, amount? on black friday?? or should i just buy it now?

I'm waiting until Black Friday.

Hope to get similar discount to last year....picked one up for £145

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Don't forget to check with Richersounds. They've a presence here on Boards and last year during their Black Friday sale I got a pair of Play 1's at £149 apiece and they knocked £20 off of a pair of floor stands for me. Free delivery as well. Couldn't fault them.

D.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Decoda wrote: »
    Don't forget to check with Richersounds. They've a presence here on Boards and last year during their Black Friday sale I got a pair of Play 1's at £149 apiece and they knocked £20 off of a pair of floor stands for me. Free delivery as well. Couldn't fault them.

D.

Hi D,

thanks for the kind words and hope you are still enjoying your kit :)

Do keep an eye out across on our Boardie Forum around Black Friday - as you know we normally run Boardie specials in addition to our Black Friday deals.

Couldn't possibly disclose if there will be a Sonos Play 1 deal this year ;);):)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hi D,

Do keep an eye out across on our Boardie Forum around Black Friday - as you know we normally run Boardie specials in addition to our Black Friday deals.

Couldn't possibly disclose if there will be a Sonos Play 1 deal this year ;);):)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

This has made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hi D,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Will be keeping a close eye so ;)

Hi D,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

err not that i'm not grateful, any chance of seeing that cheeky wink ;) next to a play 3 ? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Took the plunge on the play base, 679 euro. Ordered Thursday night 7th Sept, received it Monday 10th. Ships from Holland.

How is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Hi D,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Is the Play 1 being shifted to make room for the new voice controlled Sonos One ?

Ok looking for a play3, any bargains in sight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

€50 off a Play 1/Play 3, €100 off a Playbase/Playbar until November 27th.

https://www.sonos.com/en-ie/shop

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Silverfluffs

Sonos Play 1 is down to £134.10 matching it's lowest ever Amazon price. Obviously the newer version of the speaker is out now, but a great opportunity to finish a set or grab a genuine bargain. I bought one which will be my second Play One!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FMS1KO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Merry Christmas all.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Bundle for two new model Sonos are $349. Bargain?(if can get shipped here)

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/2-room-music-system-one.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Nice, had no idea they were integrating Alexa into Sonos.

No reason to buy an Echo now as the Sonos far surpasses it in sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Nice, had no idea they were integrating Alexa into Sonos.

No reason to buy an Echo now as the Sonos far surpasses it in sound quality.

I think I've read that the Alexa integration on the Sonos is limited (Or buggy) compared to the full capability of the the Echo products. Not 100% on that and don't have time to to go searching but something someone should double check on if they were planning on relying on a Sonos for full Alexa capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

I have the Sonos One, but no Echo support available yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I have a Sonos One and have Alexa set up. Make sure you set your Sonos account to UK.

clever!

I'll have to setup a new account, is it the same as the echo dot now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

tech wrote: »
    clever!

I'll have to setup a new account, is it the same as the echo dot now?

Yup! Set a UK address as your default on Amazon too. You'll need to do that to get the Alexa skill.

• Advertisement

in the UK now, on both sonos and Amazon. Alexa dosent reply!!

I have her her the time!

it did turn down the volume!

Advertisement