Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Australia - Build Up discussion/News

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Is somebody doing the match thread? If not, I'll do it.

Go for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Paulie signed up with Sky? Cool

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Kearney has two good games against the All Blacks and gets shredded all week. Weird that.

Kearney had one good game against the ABs and even then I thought he was very poor in defence.

Last week I thought he was average at best.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is somebody doing the match thread? If not, I'll do it.

Woohoo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Kearney had one good game against the ABs and even then I thought he was very poor in defence.

Last week I thought he was average at best.

Ha. Thanks for making my point. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

no problem, glad to be of help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ha. Thanks for making my point. Hilarious.

what is hilarious is your opinion on POM
    you have repeatedly said "his international career is over"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pub I'm in was jammed last week is surprisingly quiet at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Only when making excuses

Sounds to me like it's only when looking for reasons to criticise players, rather than only when defending players from ludicrously hasty criticism, which unforrtunately seems to haunt Irish players from certain provinces in competitive positions.

Sounds to me like it's only when looking for reasons to criticise players, rather than only when defending players from ludicrously hasty criticism, which unforrtunately seems to haunt Irish players from certain provinces in competitive positions.

Hardly. I've called for Payne ahead of Ringrose, Jackson ahead of Carbery and many many other non Leinster players in positions where the Leinster panel have offered options.

PoM has been out of the game for over a year and since his return has been bang average. I gave examples of why I feel he has been average so it's not a throwaway statement.

I also think Stander is a better 6 than he was at his prime and I don't feel he fits in at 7 or 8.

I say this as a long time fan of O'Mahony, I'm just looking at where things are, the options now available and the existing back row skillset compliment.

If he gets back into the 23 despite injury then he will have raised his game to a new level which is good for Musnter and good for Ireland. I hope he can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Hardly. I've called for Payne ahead of Ringrose, Jackson ahead of Carbery and many many other non Leinster players in positions where the Leinster panel have offered options.

PoM has been out of the game for over a year and since his return has been bang average. I gave examples of why I feel he has been average so it's not a throwaway statement.

I also think Stander is a better 6 than he was at his prime and I don't feel he fits in at 7 or 8.

I say this as a long time fan of O'Mahony, I'm just looking at where things are, the options now available and the existing back row skillset compliment.

If he gets back into the 23 despite injury then he will have raised his game to a new level which is good for Musnter and good for Ireland. I hope he can do it.

If he comes back to fitness at the level he was playing at during the 2015 World Cup then he'll be starting. And his performance against Glasgow was miles ahead of "bang average."

If he played for a different province I think you'd be giving him a fairer judgement, just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Horgan on Rory best - " he does the unglamorous stuff , tugging on those balls" hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Stephen Moore is the most shark-like human I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Match thread up now folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Edit: Posted in match thread instead

If he comes back to fitness at the level he was playing at during the 2015 World Cup then he'll be starting. And his performance against Glasgow was miles ahead of "bang average."

If he played for a different province I think you'd be giving him a fairer judgement, just my opinion.

Eh? I wrote a post this morning suggesting that Scannell is in line for a call up. Where were these accusations then?

You are attributing bias to me that is very unfair. Just last night Leakyboots was delighting in Leinster's performance to Scarlets and I pointed out that I would never cheer a foreign pro12 team over an Irish one. Munster is my second team, always support them against Ulster or Connacht.

In my opinion you are doing just what you are accusing me of. I am being realistic about POM, not drawing on an emotional memory of the past. You are attributing an emotional bias to my comments, when I'm basing my opinion on what I see in front of me and nothing else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement