Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They've been looking into it since the summer.

If Kushner did something wrong that is tied to election collusion it should be exposed. But again there's no damning evidence of wrongdoing. Why it wasn't mentioned is a fair question.

“They generally discussed the relationship and it made sense to establish a line of communication,” she told the Times.

“Jared has had meetings with many other foreign countries and representatives — as many as two dozen other foreign countries’ leaders and representatives.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/322093-michael-flynn-and-jared-kushner-met-with-russian-ambassador-before

Yes yes and Flynn is isolated incident.

It was a total solo run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Akrasia wrote: »
    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Queue presidential impeachment proceedings.

What's Ken Starr up to these days?

Here's an example of the double standard.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/35743

Guys - Chinese Ambassador Cui invited me over to the residence Tuesday for
    a coffee and to make a request. He wants to have an informal, private, off
    the record get together with a few of us to discuss the next year and the
    current state of US-China affairs.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 11:59 AM

Where's the outcry? Flynn get's nailed for talking to an ambassador as the incoming national security adviser.

But but deflecting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If one takes a giant step back, Trump, Bannon, Conway... It was never going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/35743

Guys - Chinese Ambassador Cui invited me over to the residence Tuesday for
    a coffee and to make a request. He wants to have an informal, private, off
    the record get together with a few of us to discuss the next year and the
    current state of US-China affairs.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 11:59 AM

Where's the outcry? Flynn get's nailed for talking to an ambassador as the incoming national security adviser.

But but deflecting etc.

(Flynn did not get nailed for that. He got nailed for misrepresenting it. You need to understand the difference.)

As for the email - If it included "He is going to buy my 2005 Truck for $8.4m!! Wahoo, pizza is on me!"

Then you might have an outcry

Was that one of the emails hacked by The Donald's Russian friends?

The ironing is delicious.

• Advertisement

Was that one of the emails hacked by The Donald's Russian friends?

The ironing is delicious.

Typical response really, but whatever. Keep on trucking 8-)

(Flynn did not get nailed for that. He got nailed for misrepresenting it. You need to understand the difference.)

As for the email - If it included "He is going to buy my 2005 Truck for $8.4m!! Wahoo, pizza is on me!"

Then you might have an outcry

Complete double standard. Spin it whatever way you want.

Have fun friends.

Complete double standard. Spin it whatever way you want.

Have fun friends.

You forgot to include this better reddit advise in your previous post....
    WEW VLADS - JEFF SESSIONS AMMO : DO NOT ENGAGE IN DISCUSSION, MEME THEIR RETARDED "Russian" NARRATIVE OUT! RESPOND WITH THIS INSTEAD. YOU WIN MEME WARS WITH MEMES FOLKS! (i.redd.it)

Typical response really, but whatever. Keep on trucking 8-)

Or you could offer a counterargument.

Or you could offer a counterargument.

A counter argument to what, of you saying the emails are fake?

That isn't an argument, it's ignorance.

To the other poster, Trump is being accused of colluding with a foreign Government during the campaign and people here are going nuts, meanwhile there's actual evidence of that happening on the other side but as you put it, it's not the same.

Both your standpoints are pathetic and not worth engaging. Said it before but this forum is dead, at least the folks over on politics.ie actually engage in alternative viewpoints, less still while there's actually evidence backing up the point staring them in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,262 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So Kushner had a number of Russian interactions. This is getting very close to POTUS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Still absolutely zero evidence that he lied under oath. Making stuff up isn't evidence. Recusal is not an admission of guilt. He's done the right thing to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand. The anti-Trump brigade will move on to another non-story once this one is kicked to touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

A counter argument to what, of you saying the emails are fake?

That isn't an argument, it's ignorance.

To the other poster, Trump is being accused of colluding with a foreign Government during the campaign and people here are going nuts, meanwhile there's actual evidence of that happening on the other side but as you put it, it's not the same.

Both your standpoints are pathetic and not worth engaging. Said it before but this forum is dead, at least the folks over on politics.ie actually engage in alternative viewpoints, less still while there's actually evidence backing up the point staring them in the face.

I don't know why you expect people to want an investigation into the Clinton administration when there hasn't been one for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Honest question, do you think if there was ties, at least one well founded call, email, connection with actual damning transcripts or money laundering indicating election collusion it would have come to light by now .....

Why not address my point I made? It's a matter of public record that Donald Trump sold a Palm Beach property for $100 million in 2008 to Dmitry Rybolovlev. That's public record. Trump bought it in 2005 for $40 million (mortgaged) and sold it in 2008 for $100 million (cash).

Start with that.

Rybolovlev gave Trump $100 million cash for that property. The price tag was described at the time by local experts as "insanely overvalued but the market down here can be weird sometimes".

You don't find it at all interesting that the same Russian billionaire is also huge friends with a) Putin b) Wilbur Ross?

Trump claims to have never ever met Rybolovlev. That's extremely strange. I don't have much experience of selling houses but Trump, a self-confessed control-freak, never once met a guy he was selling a house for $100 million to?

And Trump just happened to be in the same city as Dmitry 6 times on the campaign trail? Explain to me why a Russian billionaire would be in North Carolina in 2016 at the same time as Trump? That's exactly what happened.

That's just one tiny strand of this whole thing.

The point is this - even the Rybolovlev dealing on public record should raise huge question marks about Trump. It should raise the question of how much property he sold the Russian globally and where did the money go?

Look, I don't believe for a second that Trump is some criminal mastermind. He's a charlatan and a swindler and a bully who has gone his entire life leveraging huge debts and abusing bankruptcy.

But I think it'd be useful to know where that $100 million from the Rybolovlev house sale went. A money trail. It was paid in cash. Did it go into Trumps bank account and then straight off to a bank account in Switzerland under his dogs name?

The point is Trump could be in deep in shenanigans with Russian money and if he is, then there's zero way he can execute the Presidency properly.

If he's deep in doo-doo, even you should want him gone and Mike Pence put in (or Paul Ryan worst case, as he's third in-line).

I don't know why you expect people to want an investigation into the Clinton administration when there hasn't been one for a few years.

Look at it objectively. One day after Trump gives a congress speech which was for the most part was well received, the media dump stories over public knowledge of Sessions and who he met in his role and selectively edit the transcripts further forcing the Russian narrative. Meanwhile there's actual evidence out there of another candidate openly arranging meetings with a foreign ambassador during the election campaign and not once is it mentioned in the media.

It's all politically motivated.

And Trump just happened to be in the same city as Dmitry 6 times on the campaign trail? Explain to me why a Russian billionaire would be in North Carolina in 2016 at the same time as Trump? That's exactly what happened.

Do you have anything to back that up?

Still absolutely zero evidence that he lied under oath. Making stuff up isn't evidence. Recusal is not an admission of guilt. He's done the right thing to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand. The anti-Trump brigade will move on to another non-story once this one is kicked to touch.

First Flynn. Now Sessions.

Do you think it will stop at the recusal? He is a professional litigator who understood perfectly the question he was being asked, even if you do not. Another brick has been dislodged, but I'm pretty sure this one will unseat a few more.

We will move on when Sessions is back in Alabama.

First Flynn. Now Sessions.

Do you think it will stop at the recusal? He is a professional litigator who understood perfectly the question he was being asked, even if you do not. Another brick has been dislodged, but I'm pretty sure this one will unseat a few more.

We will move on when Sessions is back in Alabama.

This Flynn? The one the FBI cleared. The guy who was the incoming national security adviser and talked with dozens of foreign representatives like past administrations have done?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.b7eac692189b

This Flynn?

The one who lied to Pense and then Trump? Yes, that one.

The one who lied to Trump/Pense? Yes, that one.

But the media/democrat narrative was that Flynn was some undercover Russian agent. He made Pence look bad, that's why he was fired. Sessions won't be.

There's nothing in either story, if there was part of the transcript would have been posted.

• Advertisement

Look at it objectively. One day after Trump gives a congress speech which was for the most part was well received, the media dump stories over public knowledge of Sessions and who he met in his role and edit the transcripts and further force the Russian narrative. Meanwhile there's actual evidence out there of another candidate openly arranging meetings with a foreign ambassador during the election campaign and not once is it mentioned in the media.

Politics are politically motivated? Seriously? Wow.

Trump is the worst POTUS by a country mile. It's got nothing to do with fake news or an establishment media (the idea that Trump is anti establishment is risible), it's just a plain fact that Trump and his cronies are not fit for government. You're obviously an intelligent person, yet you defend the indefensible. How an intelligent person can think that Trump, Bannon, Conway et al are acceptable is beyond me. But each to his own.

Look at it objectively. One day after Trump gives a congress speech which was for the most part was well received, the media dump stories over public knowledge of Sessions and who he met in his role and edit the transcripts and further force the Russian narrative.

The biased mainstream media who only says anything negative about Trump came out with something negative about him and we are to believe this was some sort of conspiracy to release a negative story to draw attention away from this amazingly well received speech that, as usual, I hear no mention about what was actually good about it.

Meanwhile there's actual evidence out there of another candidate openly arranging meetings with a foreign ambassador during the election campaign and not once is it mentioned in the media.

What is Clinton going to do? Open a pizza place in china? Better make sure the authorities keep a close eye on any children entering the place. Meanwhile back in America, Trump won, get over it. Clinton is gone now, she is irrelevant, Trump is president, it is time you accepted it and stopped trying to hide behind "Clinton did it too!" I would have thought Trump supporters would be disgusted if Trump did anything like Clinton.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think Jeff will survive this. Perjury is a difficult thing to prove.

Politics are politically motivated? Seriously? Wow.

Trump is the worst POTUS by a country mile. It's got nothing to do with fake news or an establishment media (the idea that Trump is anti establishment is risible), it's just a plain fact that Trump and his cronies are not fit for government. You're obviously an intelligent person, yet you defend the indefensible. How an intelligent person can think that Trump, Bannon, Conway et al are acceptable is beyond me. But each to his own.

Calling him the worst POTUS by a country mile a month into office just signifies the problem. I think how certain segments of the the media decide to protray people is hugely different to the reality. Bannon is highly intelligent, but the media make out he's the leader of the klan.

Calling him the worst POTUS by a country mile a month into office just signifies the problem. I think how certain segments of the the media decide to protray people is hugely different to the reality. Bannon is highly intelligent, but the media make out he's the leader of the klan.

Of course he isn't the leader of the klan. He is the leader of the klan's choice of news.

What is Clinton going to do? Open a pizza place in china? Better make sure the authorities keep a close eye on any children entering the place. Meanwhile back in America, Trump won, get over it. Clinton is gone now, she is irrelevant, Trump is president, it is time you accepted it and stopped trying to hide behind "Clinton did it too!" I would have thought Trump supporters would be disgusted if Trump did anything like Clinton.

Clearly I wouldn't be happy. All you have on your side is accusations and nothing of substance, that's why I'm defending him. There isn't a inkling of actual proof collusion went on with Russia during the campaign, meanwhile on the other side it's there for all to see in the email leaks and for the most part has been ignored.

Calling him the worst POTUS by a country mile a month into office just signifies the problem. I think how the media decides to pro tray people is hugely different to the reality. Bannon is highly intelligent, but the media make out he's the leader of the klan.

I have eyes to see and ears to hear. Trump is an incompetent clown. I don't need the media to tell me this. It's obvious every time he opens his mouth.

I have eyes to see and ears to hear. Trump is an incompetent clown. I don't need the media to tell me this. It's obvious every time he opens his mouth.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. As flawed as he is I'm happy he won.

Clearly I wouldn't be happy. All you have on your side is accusations and nothing of substance, that's why I'm defending him. There isn't a inkling of actual proof collusion went on with Russia during the campaign, meanwhile on the other side it's all been highly highlighted and for the most part ignored.

Yeah sure, nothing. Thats why Manafort and Flynn are still around and now the attorney general is stepping away from investigations. Why aren't they continuing as if nothing happened if nothing happened?

No inkling of collusion because we know exactly what was said in every meeting that was lied about, right?

There is no other side. There is no anti-president, there is no government lead by Clinton. There is only the Trump administration. What can Clinton do with with all these talks she had?

You always drop your conspiracy theories about the media when you have to move away from soundbites.

• Advertisement

Yeah sure, nothing. Thats why Manafort and Flynn are still around and now the attorney general is stepping away from investigations. Why aren't they continuing as if nothing happened if nothing happened?

No inkling of collusion because we know exactly what was said in every meeting that was lied about, right?

There is no other side. There is no anti-president, there is no government lead by Clinton. There is only the Trump administration. What can Clinton do with with all these talks she had?

You always drop your conspiracy theories about the media when you have to move away from soundbites.

There's nothing you can point to directly that shreds any inking that there was collusion going on during the campaign. No transcript, no evidence of a phone call, no email, no underhanded meeting. Nothing. For all the talk of Wikileaks being a Russian outlet, the best we got from the US intelligence agencies was RT was some sort of mind control program. Shock horror, the Russians have a different viewpoint than the US, therefore it's propaganda. Manafort worked in the Ukraine so it's not abnormal he interacted with people with Russia, where's the damning transcript, where's the proof?

There's huge pressure being put on by the Democrats and the media, and if you think the big media in the US aren't politically controlled, Podesta signed up with the Washington post the other day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement