Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19-11-2016 Autumn Internationals

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. Novès touch showing its nascent developments. It's encouraging. And we can start to enjoy back watching and following our national squad. It's a shame that Lopez could not convert his drop goal (the ref was also very lenient with Australia who deliberately collapsed our dominating scrum twice in a very kickable area) since the win would have been a nice reward for the players and staff and would have kept the momentum started in Argentina this summer.

There are still a lot of work to do, particularly on the ground. Our rucking was inefficient, our back row (with 3 number 8) was ineffective. But we're coming back from the catacombs of French rugby. We've just awoken back from our buried hibernation. We haven't yet reached back the fresh air. And we're gonna need a lot of time to re-become a real rugby squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

iroced wrote: »
    It's a shame that Lopez could not convert his drop goal (the ref was also very lenient with Australia who deliberately collapsed our dominating scrum twice in a very kickable area) since the win would have been a nice reward for the players and staff and would have kept the momentum started in Argentina this summer.

Coming into those final few minutes I thought it was unfortunate that Glen Jackson was the referee. In my opinion he was never going to give a game deciding penalty if he could possibly avoid it.

Though maybe it is not the ref that matters, but just the French team that are given that treatment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

dub_skav wrote: »
    Coming into those final few minutes I thought it was unfortunate that Glen Jackson was the referee. In my opinion he was never going to give a game deciding penalty if he could possibly avoid it.

Though maybe it is not the ref that matters, but just the French team that are given that treatment :D
    As much as I found the ref stopped refereeing in the last 5 min, I won't hide behind that looking at our performance. And well Lopez jus had to score the bloody drop goal :p. It's just a shame for the players that their efforts were not rewarded. Though most said that their 1st half was too bad to hope for a win and that you can't give away that many easy points at this level.

Because, despite the improved display, it's still a defeat. And as well as you think you played, a defeat, as encouraging as it could be, will never bring the same confidence boost as a win. And we'll definitely need to boost our confidence to continue improving our displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Anyone know what if any station is televising the France V All Blacks game on Saturday?

Anyone know what if any station is televising the France V All Blacks game on Saturday?

I'm pretty sure it's televised live on the WWE Saturday night raw channel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Eir Sport 2, according to the Ultimate Rugby app.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,296 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

FRENCH BARBARIANS TEAM

1. Lucas Pointud (Brive)

2. Remi Bonfils (Stade Francais)

3. Julien Brugnault (Racing 92)

4.Felix Lambey (Lyon)

5. Rodrigo Capo Orgeta (Castres)

6. Romain Sazy (La Rochelle)

7. Raphael Lakafia (Stade Francais)

8. Camille Gerondeau (Clermont)

9. Yann Lesgourgues (Bordeaux)

10. Romain Lonca (Bordeaux)

11. Aurelien Rougerie (Clermont)

12. Pierre Aguillon ( La Rochelle)

13. Louis Dupichot (Pau)

14. Blair Connor (Bordeaux)

15. Arthur Bonneval (Toulouse)

RESERVES

16. Antoine Dupont (Castres)

17. Julien Caminati (Castres)

18. Julien Dumora (Castres)

19. Jean Monribot (Bayonne)

20. Loic Jacquet (Castres)

21. Jean Baptiste Poux (Bordeaux)

22. Jean-Charles Orioli (Toulon)

23. Alexandre Menini (Lyon).

Wallaby XV to play French Barbarians

(1-15): Paddy Ryan, Nathan Charles, Tom Robertson, Will Skelton, Sam Carter, Peter Kimlin, Jack Dempsey, Ben Mowen, Nick Frisby, Jono Lance, Taqele Naiyaravoro, Kyle Godwin, Mark Gerrard, Marika Koroibete, Luke Morahan.

Reserves: Andrew Ready, Sef Fa'agase, David Lolohea, Scott Fardy, Henry Vanderglas, Nic Stirzaker, Izaia Perese, Andrew Kellaway, (24th man) Henry Clunies-Ross.

Screen_Shot_11_24_16_at_12_13_PM.jpg

italy are very hard up for a 10 these days......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Download Filmon > French TV > France2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

sydthebeat wrote: »

italy are very hard up for a 10 these days......
    Step forward this man:

3136.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

• Advertisement

Step forward this man:

3136.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

quite possibly, though with marty banks now in treviso he might not get a lot of game time.

zebre are having to upgrade a calvisano outhalf for this weekends game. Ian would be well suited to move across, and the itialian media are already talking about waiting for him to be become IQ'ed

quite possibly, though with marty banks now in treviso he might not get a lot of game time.

zebre are having to upgrade a calvisano outhalf for this weekends game. Ian would be well suited to move across, and the itialian media are already talking about waiting for him to be become IQ'ed
    I thought he would be IQ'd by now? He's been in Italy almost from the time he retired from Leinster. And that was in 2012 afair.

I thought he would be IQ'd by now? He's been in Italy almost from the time he retired from Leinster. And that was in 2012 afair.

maybe its got to do with the length of time hes playing professional rugby there?

he didnt play between 2011 and 2014, when he played with italian 3rd division with Leonorso.

he only signed a professional contract later in 2014 with viadana AFAIK

maybe its got to do with the length of time hes playing professional rugby there?

he didnt play between 2011 and 2014, when he played with italian 3rd division with Leonorso.

He retired from Leinster in mid 2012, just after the HEC final. He then went to Italy as a coach to Leonorso afaik.

Yep, October 2012

It was March 2014 when he got his first outing with the rugby goggles for Leonorso and by August was with Viadana.

Kind of strange if he had to be playing rugby professionally. Residency means residency I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I would have thought it would be how long he has been resident there. However if he does have to wait until Autumn 2017 it's not that long.

Selfishly speaking though Ulster could do with a back up of 10 of decent quality...not sure if the regulations around his eye protectors would allow for it.

bilston wrote: »
    I would have thought it would be how long he has been resident there. However if he does have to wait until Autumn 2017 it's not that long.

Selfishly speaking though Ulster could do with a back up of 10 of decent quality...not sure if the regulations around his eye protectors would allow for it.
    Well he can play here, Scotland and Italy for definite. Not sure about Wales.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Well he can play here, Scotland and Italy for definite. Not sure about Wales.

He played for treviso at the ospreys in september.

Adbrowne wrote: »
    He played for treviso at the ospreys in september.
    Should have checked that, thanks.

I suppose if I'd thought about it, Treviso wouldn't have signed him if he couldn't play in Wales. Well that's him clear to play for Ulster so. :)

I think though, Italy will come calling first. They really need a good out half and he is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Should have checked that, thanks.

I suppose if I'd thought about it, Treviso wouldn't have signed him if he couldn't play in Wales. Well that's him clear to play for Ulster so. :)

I think though, Italy will come calling first. They really need a good out half and he is that.

There is another Irish 10 coming up on availability though who might be attracting the interest of some provinces!

Advertisement