Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19-11-2016 Autumn Internationals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Some finish by Kuridrani

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

Brilliant score. Fofanas timing onto the ball....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

lovely line from fofana, timed it perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Massive turnover there for Australia.

Aussies were offside at every ruck in that final sequence but great win for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'll need to re-watch that, as I missed bits, but it strikes me that Ireland can beat that Australia team next week.

Great win for Australia, Cheika building some depth in the squad. Typical French performance of late, some great moments when the play broke up but struggled with the key facets of the game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Foley ended up having to play 10 as Cooper did his ankle in training. Hopefully he'll be knackered next week :)

I was impressed with the Aussies tbf. All the talk is how poor the Rugby Championship is but they can play.

Hope its a miserable day. They're far more incisive with ball in hand.

corny wrote: »
    I was impressed with the Aussies tbf. All the talk is how poor the Rugby Championship is but they can play.

Hope its a miserable day. They're far more incisive with ball in hand.

They looked impressive against Wales at times but also very error prone. The should have put far more tries on them. Scotland ran them very close last week. I'd like to think we're better than Scotland and we're certainly better than Wales were two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

They looked impressive against Wales at times but also very error prone. The should have put far more tries on them. Scotland ran them very close last week. I'd like to think we're better than Scotland and we're certainly better than Wales were two weeks ago.

I don't really trust those form lines. They can force the offload at times but the prospect of a makeshift midfield defence against them worries me. Last time they were in Dublin they cut us apart without really dominating the game. They're dangerous and their forwards dealt with Antonio, Picamoles & co very well this evening.

corny wrote: »
    I don't really trust those form lines. They can force the offload at times but the prospect of a makeshift midfield defence against them worries me. Last time they were in Dublin they cut us apart without really dominating the game. They're dangerous and their forwards dealt with Antonio, Picamoles & co very well this evening.

Weren't half of them still drunk that time too :D

Will be interesting to see if any of the Australian players have forced themselves into next week's side, Fardy and McMahon certainly put up their hands with their work at the breakdown. I can't see Ireland letting Pocock and co have the same level of dominance again next week.

Based solely on the AIs and taking into account the various levels of oppositions across the 3 weekends..... I don't think I'd have a single Welsh player in the Lions squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Based solely on the AIs and taking into account the various levels of oppositions across the 3 weekends..... I don't think I'd have a single Welsh player in the Lions squad.
    I agree ..... and I would have agreed with that statement this time four years ago too .........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

A few of the English papers think Warburton will captain the Lions. Personally I don't think he's playing anywhere near well enough to even get into the 23. Needs a huge 6N. Alun Wyn Jones isn't getting into the test side on current form either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Clegg wrote: »
    A few of the English papers think Warburton will captain the Lions. Personally I don't think he's playing anywhere near well enough to even get into the 23. Needs a huge 6N. Alun Wyn Jones isn't getting into the test side on current form either

Given Gatland is coaching I think Warbuton is guaranteed to be captain unless he has a serious bad run of form. It's either him or Hartley and I don't think Hartley would be a good Lions captain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Just saw SA result. Amazing, delighted for Italy. Probably won't be seeing BigBok on here for a while...!

Can't wait for it to go up online, going to get some popcorn and enjoy it.[/quote

I've said it's the worst BOK team in living history,worst coach with big political interference yet if u want to all start talking ****e then let's say why couldn't Ireland win a series against this muck of a SA team??

Anyway I'm delighted we lost and I hope wales klaap us too so SARU can pull the finger out and get this sorted as the fans back home will not stand for this

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Bigbok wrote: »
    Just saw SA result. Amazing, delighted for Italy. Probably won't be seeing BigBok on here for a while...!

Can't wait for it to go up online, going to get some popcorn and enjoy it.[/quote

I've said it's the worst BOK team in living history,worst coach with big political interference yet if u want to all start talking ****e then let's say why couldn't Ireland win a series against this muck of a SA team??

Anyway I'm delighted we lost and I hope wales klaap us too so SARU can pull the finger out and get this sorted as the fans back home will not stand for this

We beat NZ so who cares?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Sun Sport Retweeted
    Jonny Fordham �� �� ‏@SunJonnyFordham 17m17 minutes ago
    England's Joe Launchbury cited for kicking a Fiji player in 58-15 win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

For those of ye who missed anything.

Gentleman thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Can you do this,
    Can you do this,
    Can you do this every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Can you put up a highlights montage as well so we don't have to trawl through the complete match? Many thanks if you can.

They're all from different users on Youtube. The OP has just provided the links to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Can you put up a highlights montage as well so we don't have to trawl through the complete match? Many thanks if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Can you do this,
    Can you do this,

Was just thinking I might start, only took me a couple of minutes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Not about the rugby but was anyone else getting really annoyed with the constant flow of people out for pints? 20 mins in and it seemed like half time with the exodus. you really wonder why people go to the games if they spend most of the game out waiting for pints and then out again to piss them away.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

About 1500 people turned up to watch italy training today as a result of the win over the boks.

CxzlIy2XUAAk4nv.jpg

• Advertisement

Adbrowne wrote: »
    About 1500 people turned up to watch italy training today as a result of the win over the boks.

CxzlIy2XUAAk4nv.jpg

This is exactly the sort of thing Italian rugby needs and will knock onto Zebre Treviso too which is ideal.

If Italy can beat one or two of Wales, Scotland or France it would be optimal (also good for Ireland).

The players do the heavy lifting and the wins and losses are on their shoulders but well done Conor O'Shea all the same. Good for them all. Delighted.

Advertisement