Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

fran426ft wrote: »
    My order for the 25th has shown up on an post tracking today so I'd say things are just delayed due to volume.

Is the 25th your order or delivery date? I ordered the 25th dispatched 27th but tracking still not showing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Scruff wrote: »
    WTF!!! a second cancellation email in the middle of the night saying they 2 part of my order was also returned :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

An Post tracking says its still "ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER" but no delivery attempt or phone call. :mad::mad::mad:
    There go all my black friday deals back to amazon.

Just a heads up, on route to customer means it has arrived in Ireland and has left arrivals for the local office who deals with your mail, OUT FOR DELIVERY means the postie has it with him/her for delivery that day..

That's how it works anyway so long as it's been scanned at each point along the way..arrival in country,departure from main sorting office to local office of the addressee,arrival at that office ,and final scan by postie to confirm they have it and delivery will be attempted that day...

That's correct procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is an post working weekends yet?

batistuta9 wrote: »

Only one Saturday delivery in Galway this year anyway,one prep Saturday,off Xmas Eve ,first time in years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Just a heads up, on route to customer means it has arrived in Ireland and has left arrivals for the local office who deals with your mail, OUT FOR DELIVERY means the postie has it with him/her for delivery that day..

That's how it works anyway so long as it's been scanned at each point along the way..arrival in country,departure from main sorting office to local office of the addressee,arrival at that office ,and final scan by postie to confirm they have it and delivery will be attempted that day...

That's correct procedure

cheers. I know the local postie so extremely surprised if he hadnt attempted to contact if issues.
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    well their customer care isnt :mad:
    If the item history is incomplete or is not presently displayed, please contact our Customer Service section at customer.services@anpost.ie or on 1850 57 58 59 between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We've opted for free Irish delivery on two packages from Amazon in the past year - both times Xbox games. They never arrived.
    The first package was claimed to be signed for by myself, but not only was the signature very wrong, they had taken a guess at what my first initial stood for, and were very, very wrong.
    The second one we got sent to my OHs work. It said 'out for delivery' for a week but nothing ever arrived. OH works for a small business of just six staff. The postie came in three times over the week, each time OH met him, asked about his parcel, postie checked the van, nothing.
    Bravely we though we'd try it again since our parcel would be overweight for parcelmotel. Anpost have had it since last Monday yet still don't recognise the tracking number Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Had to go back to a house 3 times yesterday with bikes n scooters because kids were off sick and parcels were not disguised in any way,should be plain brown boxes this time of year imo,for the parents/partners sake

Yeah and Smyths of all places is shipping scooters and bikes just in their packaging. You'd think they'd know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anker 20w speaker is reduced fromc43 to £33 in lightening deals at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Etnies wrote: »
    Just a FYI, all Amazon packages go through An Post. They're sent direct on pallets then broken down once here. The sheer amount of stuff from Amazon is absolutely nuts. It's also given priority by An Post to get sorted first.

I've 3 Amazon packages arriving by DHL on Monday and I've tracking on all of them (I got bumped onto DHL from Asendia after my missing packages). They're not all delivered by An Post........ I do have 1 DHL package for Tuesday delivery- which is with An Post (thankfully with tracking).

I'm only going with delivery options that have tracking in future..........

They ship such an enormous amount of stuff it makes sense they don't rely on one courier. They've started buying aircraft to handle more of the logistics themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

i just signed up for 1 month free prime when ordering an item

do i have to cancel within after the 30 days?

MrDiyFan wrote: »

Just cancel now and you still receive the 30 days.

MrDiyFan wrote: »

You cancel within the 30 day free trial- not after........
    Also- they've started making some popular items only available to Prime customers- as a manner of retaining people on Prime- which is deeply annoying. If you buy from Amazon on a regular basis- you're probably better off keeping Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

NATLOR wrote: »
    Is the 25th your order or delivery date? I ordered the 25th dispatched 27th but tracking still not showing

Ordered on 25th delivery date was down as 30th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

was on chat and was able to re-order at original price with free upgrade to standard delivery. Good Customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Another order lost. Both I-Parcel.

I-parcel sub-contracted my parcel to Fastway, whose 'helpful' driver for some reason called to a house about 10 doors up from me (similar address, but not my address!) and told them that if they didn't take the parcel it would be sent back! :eek:

Abysmal service, luckily neighbour (who I've never met before) is honest and didn't open it up and keep it or chuck it straight in the bin or tell him to do one, she called up with it for me instead - no wonder so much stuff goes missing though when this is the attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Scruff wrote: »
    was on chat and was able to re-order at original price with free upgrade to standard delivery. Good Customer service.

Same thing here, onto CS but no luck so far. Was yours an airfryer?
    Paid £51,80 on warehouse, now £99!

i had a old man in a fiesta at my door last week, tweed cap n all, had a parcel for me (rural address) from dpd he says .. im looking at him and laughingly say "whaaa?" .. i look at this parcel,not for me i said... "who are you ?" says he... thats not me its addressed to i said,and its not this address,plus ive never heard of them said i..

"whats your name" he said .. i said its irrelevant as its not for me or this address, he wasnt having it.. had to tell him to leave,he was about 70 yrs old,00 reg fiesta ,regular car, nothing to indicate he worked for any company whatsoever ..demanding to know my name at my front door..

if it wasnt so funny at the time id have told him to fcuk right off

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I would engage with them via their online chat - usually very helpful. I had initially ordered my Instant Pot last week from the warehouse and it was on its way when the price came down substantially for the new one. The helpful CS agent said he couldn't price match it, but I could return the warehouse one (free) and re-order, which I did. My new one was delivered mid-week, but I'm still waiting on a family member to pass it on to me.

The one I returned to the warehouse was in perfect condition - it should appear there again soon (returned Monday). However, if I were you, I'd try and plead my case for the new one at the price you ordered it for in the sale.

I checked my Amazon account and on the orders screen it says a refund has been issued for the pot (heh) but when you go into the help screen and choose and order related to your issue it says the pot was dispatched on the 29th and will be arriving Monday. What are the chances they've issued a refund and delivered it at the same time? Says carrier is An Post but they don't recognise the tracking number. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot with live chat and make it obvious if a mistake's been made in my favour

Edit: Says it was with An Post on the 29th Nov and is in transit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

i had a old man in a fiesta at my door last week, tweed cap n all, had a parcel for me (rural address) from dpd he says .. im looking at him and laughingly say "whaaa?" .. i look at this parcel,not for me i said... "who are you ?" says he... thats not me its addressed to i said,and its not this address,plus ive never heard of them said i..

"whats your name" he said .. i said its irrelevant as its not for me or this address, he wasnt having it.. had to tell him to leave,he was about 70 yrs old,00 reg fiesta ,regular car, nothing to indicate he worked for any company whatsoever ..demanding to know my name at my front door..

I had the same thing with fastway, guy in a silver coupe came to the door with my package, it was addressed to me and i was expecting it, i just assumed they must have hired emergency drivers for the busy time of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I got a package from DPD yesterday the driver was delivering in his taxi, was up in there depot in Santry today to collect another package they have been holding onto for 6 days for no reason, there was loads of people in and out taking packages to deliver in their personal cars some amount of stuff to go out too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

andy125 wrote: »
    I had the same thing with fastway, guy in a silver coupe came to the door with my package, it was addressed to me and i was expecting it, i just assumed they must have hired emergency drivers for the busy time of the year
    peterk19 wrote: »
    I got a package from DPD yesterday the driver was delivering in his taxi, was up in there depot in Santry today to collect another package they have been holding onto for 6 days for no reason, there was loads of people in and out taking packages to deliver in their personal cars some amount of stuff to go out too

Meanwhile, outside Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

You cancel within the 30 day free trial- not after........
    Also- they've started making some popular items only available to Prime customers- as a manner of retaining people on Prime- which is deeply annoying. If you buy from Amazon on a regular basis- you're probably better off keeping Prime.

I think that Amazon should really introduce prime delivery to Ireland and it won't cost them anything extra: Basically all what they need is to commit to dispatch the items the same day or within 24 hours of the order, and it should reach Irish customers in 2 days. This is what I noticed as my items are usually with me 2 days after I receive the dispatch item. I will definitely pay for it if they commit to dispatch the items within 24 hours.

Amouar wrote: »
    I think that Amazon should really introduce prime delivery to Ireland and it won't cost them anything extra: Basically all what they need is to commit to dispatch the items the same day or within 24 hours of the order, and it should reach Irish customers in 2 days. This is what I noticed as my items are usually with me 2 days after I receive the dispatch item. I will definitely pay for it if they commit to dispatch the items within 24 hours.

They do have Prime delivery to Ireland- on certain items.......
    Aka- it has to be sold or fulfilled by Amazon- and thereafter- its only on certain items.
    I have the rest of my missing orders (with one notable exception) being 'primed' to me for a Tuesday delivery (which will be via An Post- with expedited shipping and tracking).

Is there any way of checking the dimensions of a prospective package before purchase and shipping via address pal etc.

I presume this is impossible to do for an order with multiple items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

They do have Prime delivery to Ireland- on certain items.......
    Aka- it has to be sold or fulfilled by Amazon- and thereafter- its only on certain items.
    I have the rest of my missing orders (with one notable exception) being 'primed' to me for a Tuesday delivery (which will be via An Post- with expedited shipping and tracking).

It's not prime delivery even if it's shown on the item. In order to get the prime delivery you have the select the option for fast delivery , but it only shows up if you sending your item to a UK address.

Amouar wrote: »
    It's not prime delivery even if it's shown on the item. In order to get the prime delivery you have the select the option for fast delivery , but it only shows up if you sending your item to a UK address.

Customer services said they changed all my deliveries, with two exceptions, to Prime. I can see they are expedited deliveries- but it doesn't say 'Prime'. My two UK deliveries to Addresspal- also say 'Expedited' too, rather than 'Prime'- and are overnight to St. Albans. I'm not being charged for any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

might as well close this thread seeing as the last 2-3 pages are about delivery schedules...or the lack of...

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Well the sales are mostly over ;)

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    might as well close this thread seeing as the last 2-3 pages are about delivery schedules...or the lack of...

I clicked on your post expecting a bargain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement