Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

adox wrote: »
    Most likely. I got mine for £80 about a year ago and that wasn't even in the Black Friday sale. That was the one with ads but I contacted online support when I got it and told them I didn't realise it had ads on it and they removed them for no charge.

Goddamn it. Forgot about Black Friday and ordered a Kindle Paperwhite on Friday last. Just tried to cancel it there, but it's too late. Does the sale start midnight tonight I wonder, see if it's worth my while to refuse the package and order a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

mrcheez wrote: »
    Prediction: The FireTV was on sale in 2015... if the Fire stick goes on sale this year I highly recommend everyone picks one up as it's quite possibly the best thing that I've ever purchased on Amazon (well the Echo Dot is a close 2nd).
    ]

I didnt even take mine out of the box yet :pac: Too lazy to set it up the past few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

jakdublin wrote: »
    Goddamn it. Forgot about Black Friday and ordered a Kindle Paperwhite on Friday last. Just tried to cancel it there, but it's too late. Does the sale start midnight tonight I wonder, see if it's worth my while to refuse the package and order a new one.

probably not until the 20th if the .com sale is anything to go by

I didnt even take mine out of the box yet :pac: Too lazy to set it up the past few months :D

pfft takes 1 hour to setup Kodi and endless entertainment awaits :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Mrcheez - thanks for the heads up with this thread - thinking of getting amazon fire tv as it has ethernet - my broadband is 6mps so wireless isn't an option - is it easy put kodi on the fire tv as opposed to the fire stick - sorry I am technical but didn't know these worked in Ireland - also I assume it can run plex and netflix.

Sorry if it appears like a newbie question - I just have no experience with Amazon fire tv.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

Danick wrote: »
    Mrcheez - thanks for the heads up with this thread - thinking of getting amazon fire tv as it has ethernet - my broadband is 6mps so wireless isn't an option - is it easy put kodi on the fire tv as opposed to the fire stick - sorry I am technical but didn't know these worked in Ireland - also I assume it can run plex and netflix.

Sorry if it appears like a newbie question - I just have no experience with Amazon fire tv.

Thanks

Fire TV looks outta stock till Dec 6th

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-4K-Ultra/dp/B00UH2O6T2

Danick wrote: »
    Mrcheez - thanks for the heads up with this thread - thinking of getting amazon fire tv as it has ethernet - my broadband is 6mps so wireless isn't an option

The speed of your connection won't determine whether or not you can use the wireless option, if you have WiFi on your router then you can use the Firestick.

6MB is more than enough. I have a 2MB connection (I know!) and can stream HD no problems over my Wifi.

This isn't really the place to discuss this though (PM me if you want more info).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Methinks it has already started !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Some cheap tvs
    i5 laptop for £300 looks a good price

When will the fire sticks and tablets be reduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Picked up the Lenovo for £299.

Not a full HD screen but happy enough with the i5, 1TB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Does it have to be fire tv or willl the fire stick do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Does it have to be fire tv or willl the fire stick do?

Stick will do fine for streaming. But the box is a good bit better...if you can stretch to it I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This is supposed to start today? But it looks like any regular day on the Amazon.co.uk website? There's 3574 results in all deals with lots of generic deals you'd see most days that either don't have an expiry or are up for 3+ hours.

I have lots of stuff on my Amazon wish list and so far none of it is reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

RossieMan wrote: »
    Legal? No. Allowed to be discussed here? No. Reliable? No.

Perfect.

All over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

A quick question: I've tried to buy the Fire TV stick but it tells me that my address is invalid, so I tried my sister in-law's in London and the same thing happened. What am I doing wrong? (Apart from derailing the thread!!!)

80s Child wrote: »
    A quick question: I've tried to buy the Fire TV stick but it tells me that my address is invalid, so I tried my sister in-law's in London and the same thing happened. What am I doing wrong? (Apart from derailing the thread!!!)

Why don't you wait until the fire stick drops in price?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Why don't you wait until the fire stick drops in price?

I need it as a gift Asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Apologies for asking but I was trying to find stuff about last year- I'm hoping to get a Samsung tablet in Black Friday on Amazon but how likely is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Sappy404 wrote: »

Alot of the cheaper items won't ship to Ireland which is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

You need a uk shipping address to buy the fire tv stick so maybe they are now checking the credit card billing address too... hope not!
    I need it as a gift Asap.
    I saw it for sale for €50 in a maplin shop the other day so you could try there if asap beats price..Not on their irish website though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Nothing listed under the "Amazon Devices" section apart from refurbished Kindles.

Am I correct in saying that new items will be added continuosly for the next few days? (Hoping to pick up a Kindle Voyage)

Thanks,

P.

ParcelMotel worked fine for me a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lets me order stick or Fire TV using Parcel Motel. Just checked it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Alot of the cheaper items won't ship to Ireland which is a pain

Have a look at AddressPal and see if that will work for you.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Using it away and it's working perfect. UK postage address and you pay €3.50 when you collect at your local post office.

clerk wrote: »
    Have a look at AddressPal and see if that will work for you.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Using it away and it's working perfect. UK postage address and you pay €3.50 when you collect at your local post office.

For anyone using ParcelMotel/AddressPal, Amazon might ship 1 order in multiple packages, and you might end up paying for ParcelMotel/AddressPal more than once

Lets me order stick or Fire TV using Parcel Motel. Just checked it there.

I don't know what's going on. Tried PM also... Thinking of buying the Hisense 49" now as well!! Why did I open up Bargain Alerts today??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Stick will do fine for streaming. But the box is a good bit better...if you can stretch to it I would.

Both are overpriced anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Both are overpriced anyhow

I paid just £15 for mine!

Even £40 is very good, for an incredibly powerful computing device that gives you access to so much content.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement