Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

It's hard to beat a man when he knows his own weaknesses! He's commented a couple of times about the only things that can beat him are 'size and weight'. That's an astute observation, obviously coming from the Diaz bouts, but a lot of people don't take these lessons on board!

This mad could reign for a while. God save the King!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Tinie wrote: »
    Yes, the one from 189.

What getting taken down constantly? you mean 194, that wasnt a fight against Aldo in the sense of battle it was a business transaction,

Eddie was in there with his chance and got merked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Jayop wrote: »
    I just don't get how that left is so good. I mean I know it's right on the chin and that's a wobbler in itself but it doesn't look like a punch that would drop these guys so easily.

Anyway, delighted about the win and that man is a legend. Would love to see him get a fight in Dublin now.

I genuinely believe it's Precision beats Power and Timing beats Speed. It's a catchy line but it's the truth in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I genuinely believe it's Precision beats Power and Timing beats Speed. It's a catchy line but it's the truth in this case.

It's some weapon whatever it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

section4 wrote: »
    the more i see of this ufc, the more i am coming to the conclusion that some of these fighters or fighters are fixed, this fight was a joke, the guy didnt even try.

what kind of professional fighters is going to fight the way alvarez fought
    he was like a complete novice, and lets face it mcgregor doesnt have a lot except throwing the left hand. why would a professional fighter stand when you have a better chance on the ground.

there is some thing funny about all this

absolute joke

Absolutely. Couldn't even put up a convincing act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Uncensored post-match interview for those watching on BT.

http://www.persources.com/conor-mcgregors-hysterical-post-fight-interview-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

the more i see of this ufc, the more i am coming to the conclusion that some of these fighters or fighters are fixed, this fight was a joke, the guy didnt even try.

what kind of professional fighters is going to fight the way alvarez fought
    he was like a complete novice, and lets face it mcgregor doesnt have a lot except throwing the left hand. why would a professional fighter stand when you have a better chance on the ground.

there is some thing funny about all this

absolute joke

:D:D first one out the traps

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭section4

Amazing when ye look at the two fights for each belt. Not only did he go two division champion, he barely took a shot off two champions.

exactly, funny that isnt it.

when he was tapped in in a few seconds by a has been,
    makes you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Whats this announcment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

sonofenoch wrote: »
    :D:D first one out the traps

sure let them have their fun they'll get bored soon enough and hopefully realise how sad that carryon is!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

This is one of the best nights off my life.

CxH26rtW8AA3hll.jpg

CxH1tsMXEAArziO.jpg

Same sh!t, different day.

#Goat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There should be a reception for the man when he arrives back in Dublin. It's a ****ing disgrace if there isn't some sort of acknowledgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

exactly, funny that isnt it.

when he was tapped in in a few seconds by a has been,
    makes you think

swear you were ashamed of being irish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Paully D wrote: »
    There should be a reception for the man when he arrives back in Dublin. It's a ****ing disgrace if there isn't some sort of acknowledgement.

Agreed. Embarrassment, but there won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Deedsie wrote: »
    I'd settle for them mentioning him on the news without the thinly veiled disgust of the man and his sport.

The thing is lads its ''trendy'' to be disgusted with mma for alot of people. I know lads who are big into boxing but hate the thoughts of mma

Deedsie wrote: »
    I'd settle for them mentioning him on the news without the thinly veiled disgust of the man and his sport.

watch sky sports news...they mentioned ufc for the first time ever when he beat aldo,the brits might have tried to rob him but at least they can appriciate his sporting achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Fight started auto replaying on fight pass, ill have some of tha' yea

Eta on the post fight presser?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Sono

empacher wrote: »

You're easily pleased so....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

To the trolls who have decided to land in to give us all their expert thoughts on Conor and the fight..kindly turn around and go back the way you came in. If you dont have anything constructive to say dont bother posting and save yourself a ban.

or young,or a mma fan give it a rest will ya...
    seen ireland beat austria for the first time in 50 years today in the football,one of the best results in our history.
    why cant some Irish be proud of our country.

always wondered, how sad does your life have to be if your only reaction to a mcgregor win is ''i guess ill go troll on boards''. you could at least try reddit or sherdog where you could find more like minded morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Depp wrote: »
    always wondered, how sad does your life have to be if your only reaction to a mcgregor win is ''i guess ill go troll on boards''. you could at least try reddit or sherdog where you could find more like minded morons.

Is calling out an obviously rigged fight trolling ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Incredible stuff, at work so couldn't watch it but between here and twitter i didn't feel too badly. How i'm going to sleep after this i don't know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

kneemos wrote: »

Surgical precision you mean?

do you not have any hobbies or anything else better to be at at 7 o clock of a sunday morning? seriously like?

Sono wrote: »
    empacher wrote: »

You're easily pleased so....

Must be. I must be such a simple fool to take joy in watching an irish man make history. But its making me even happier that your life is so sad, that the only bit of pleasure you have is being on this forum this early in the morning. Trying to make others as misserable as yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

7am on an internet forum and attempting to troll with drivel like this.

Jesus man, what are you doing with your life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement