Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRE vs NZ rematch: build-up thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Nah, we'll batter them.

If we win well have to put it down to awec getting married and the celestial karma that resulted

Edit: that's subject to ulster not playing between now and the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

awec wrote: »
    Nah, we'll batter them.

Lads are we sure that the real awec came back from the wedding?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

b.gud wrote: »

See my cautionary post above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Rainman16 wrote: »
    I sense a huge backlash from NZ in this game. In Chicago we poked the hornets nest, In Dublin we will get stung badly.

More of this please, there's way too much positivity in this thread. Imagine us believing we might be good to be competitive, even if NZ up their game.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

b.gud wrote: »

Its Mrs Awec. Mr Awec is currently tied up. ;)

• Advertisement

Adbrowne wrote: »

Is he not so skinny that he'd wriggle out of his bonds though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Anyone know if there is any legal streams going again like the last game?

Anyone know if there is any legal streams going again like the last game?

Its on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

typhoony wrote: »
    regardless of the win in Chicago I don't see the style of play both in attack and defence has changed much since the Argentina game, I'm convinced it's only matter of time before a team takes us apart out wide. Also New Zealand won't make the same mistake again allowing us to take the direct route

Eh what!? Our width in defence has been totally fine and we have a completely new defence coach. Not sure where this is coming from. Also we've been expanding our game consistently since the RWC onwards. There were signs of that again in Chicago with some of the lines people were looking to run off Sexton a few times. The timing was off but the ideas were there. I also liked that set piece move off the scrum against Canada, although again the timing and accuracy was a little off. It probably won't work against the likes of NZ but it did identify that the Canadian flankers were a little slow off the scrum.

Against Argentina we were missing almost all of our key players. That game was without doubt an outlier as a result. I wish people would stop harking back to it like it was some form of norm for us. It wasn't and isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

molloyjh wrote: »
    Eh what!? Our width in defence has been totally fine and we have a completely new defence coach. Not sure where this is coming from. Also we've been expanding our game consistently since the RWC onwards. There were signs of that again in Chicago with some of the lines people were looking to run off Sexton a few times. The timing was off but the ideas were there. I also liked that set piece move off the scrum against Canada, although again the timing and accuracy was a little off. It probably won't work against the likes of NZ but it did identify that the Canadian flankers were a little slow off the scrum.

Against Argentina we were missing almost all of our key players. That game was without doubt an outlier as a result. I wish people would stop harking back to it like it was some form of norm for us. It wasn't and isn't.

Weren't you the one who recently suggested that the best response to posts like the one you were responding to, is to not respond at all?!

I know it's difficult but resist the temptation!

We may as well be trying to stop the sun coming up as to help some of these guys/gals see what the reality is.

• Advertisement

Maybe it is awec and Mrs awec is just putting a little something in his morning farl and evening Harp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Its on RTE

I'm not currently in a country that regularly shows rugby at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Rainman16 wrote: »
    I sense a huge backlash from NZ in this game. In Chicago we poked the hornets nest, In Dublin we will get stung badly.

They might even get in losing bonus point range this time

I'm not currently in a country that regularly shows rugby at the moment.

If you're in an Aisan country rugbypass.com has the streaming rights. You can also get a free trial with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Anyone doing a match thread? I'll do it if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Only if you do it alá the Boring Kearney's

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

molloyjh wrote: »

To be fair, Soldier Field was about 6m narrower than a regulation pitch. Clearly our defence must have been 6m narrower too... :pac:

Only if you do it alá the Boring Kearney's

If there's one thing I can do, it's boring posts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Much obliged if you would indulge us.

Don't forget an immaculately presented table to keep molloy happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You could do a lot worse than simply copying Swiwi's O.P. and bolting on a table.

This carried on a bit more. Think Ireland or NZ jersies will be getting worn by flight crew depending on results.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

I seem to recall from the RWC that Peyper was very quick to whistle for holding on to the ball in the ruck. Or was it holding on in the tackle? Also seems reluctant to hand out yellow cards. The France Ireland game in the 6N was one of those cases afair.

Also a big fan of the TMO I seem to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Tadgh Furlong, is special.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Much obliged if you would indulge us.

Don't forget an immaculately presented table to keep molloy happy.

Done.

Table omitted just to piss molloyjh off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Done.

Table omitted just to piss molloyjh off

QN5pd.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I have a strange kind of calm feeling going into this one.

I obviously go into every match hoping for a win but I think the fact we did it 2 weeks ago takes the pressure off a bit. Another win would be amazing, and we've done it once so why not again, but another performance like the one in Chicago, regardless of the result would probably be enough for me. As long as it's not a last minute 2 point loss type of thing.

I think I'd be more annoyed if we lose to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I don't mind if we lose as long as we put in a good performance. A terrible match after a brilliant one has been standard for a long time. Would be very depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Why the Canada game team was so important:

https://twitter.com/thechasesport/status/799579399259561984

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

MJohnston wrote: »
    Why the Canada game team was so important:

https://twitter.com/thechasesport/status/799579399259561984

I don't know, I think the enforced injury changes in the 6 Nations and the RSA tour were more important than the Canada game team selection. Ringrose aside I wouldn't expect to see any of the new caps from the Canada game again until Japan, barring another injury crisis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement