Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first novel - now on Amazon

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

alfa beta wrote: »
    What's the book? - I'd like to have a read of it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Chana-Sings-Richard-Walsh-ebook/dp/B009W3FGNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483375444&sr=8-1&keywords=where+chana+sings

When I searched for it, Amazon told me that people who searched for it also searched for these and these so make of that what you will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

How do you get a book published.
    What are steps
    I know a girl who has a few published

two routes.

1. Traditional: Write, edit and proofread until you're happy. Then target appropriate publishers or literary agents with a cover letter, opening chapters and plot synopsis (as long as they're willing to accept submissions). Then cross your fingers.

2. Self-publish: Write, edit and proofread until you're happy. Then convert file to an epub doc, create a jpeg cover and upload to amazon via their KDP service. It's a very easy procress - upload files + requested info + agree sales territories, pricing and royalty amount and you're off.

Have a look on amazon and you'll see how it's done - check out KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), Createspace, (for paperback self-publishing) and Audible (for making audio books) - they're all Amazon companies.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Congratulations on an amazing achievement in writing a novel and serious kudos for making it such a good read. I'm looking forward to reading it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I've heard good things about this book, I've just bought it and will give it a read when I'm done reading my current book.

Thanks Hullballoo and Michael D - really appreciate the support - hope you find the book a good read :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I've started it - really like your writing style.

If anyone is thinking of making a purchase, I've knocked the price of the book down to 99p on amazon (UK site only) from now till Sunday.

Just search 'Jonathan Kaye' on amazon and it'll pop right up.

Thanks to everyone here on the Creative Writing forum for all the support and positive comments / reviews and especially to an amazing mod, Pickarooney, for an incredible proofread. :)

(Paperback being worked on for all those non-kindle people btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have you signed up for Bookbub?

https://www.bookbub.com/home/

I get a daily email with lots of recommendations. Could get you a few sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Just bought a copy on .com to show some support, but it may be a while before I get around to reading it!

Thanks Thoie - hope you like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I just bought it, and it's next on my list to read when I've finished my current Kindle book (should be a couple days). Will report back, really looking forward to it!

Thanks oscarBravo :-)

Proof Ireland is teensy tiny:

Friday I stumbled across this thread, thought "feck it, I'll show some support and buy alfa-beta's book".

Sunday, I'm browsing Facebook, and a friend shares another friend's post about their new book...

Based on the details, alfa-beta, I think we shared a house in college :)

Thoie wrote: »
    Based on the details, alfa-beta, I think we shared a house in college :)

UCC?

UCC?

Yup, will PM you :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I just bought it. Looking forward to reading it. Have a few ahead of it, but this may skip the queue as I really love reading books set in Dublin.

Thanks Sullivio - only lived in Dublin for a short while - so excuse any inaccuracies :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Thanks Sullivio - only lived in Dublin for a short while - so excuse any inaccuracies :-)

Is there any sort of scheme whereby I can claim for loss of earnings because of time spent reading instead of working?

Was a bit warey of the opening section however since I've met Ryan I am hooked.

send me your invoice - I'll see what I can do :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Andy.Kupp87

Looking forward to reading it. Sounds great.

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying it.

Have you got a Facebook page?

Thanks Livvie - So glad you're enjoying it - appreciate you letting me know :D

I have one of those 'author' facebook pages set up - it's https://www.facebook.com/jonathankayenovels/

Are you still writing? - I see two books of yours on amazon but nothing since 2014 .... great reviews for both btw :-)

Thanks Livvie - So glad you're enjoying it - appreciate you letting me know :D

I have one of those 'author' facebook pages set up - it's https://www.facebook.com/jonathankayenovels/

Are you still writing? - I see two books of yours on amazon but nothing since 2014 .... great reviews for both btw :-)

I am writing, but real life getting in the way, big time. Currently working on a prequel and a sequel - going backwards and forwards between the two, whichever takes my fancy. Need to commit to one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Which was your first book Livvie? I have a vague memory of reading a bit of it.

Which was your first book Livvie? I have a vague memory of reading a bit of it.

Beneath an Irish Sky - it's not done too badly, and has 161 reviews on Amazon - it did get to #6 in the Kindle chart on one of its Amazon promos. I'm useless at promoting though - I have a kind of 'if you wouldn't mind...' attitude instead of being bold.

As for Jonathan's book - last night I was beside myself, almost screaming at the Kindle - at David Ryan - 'Stop!! Stop right now'. But would he listen? Of course he wouldn't...typical man! Need to get back to it asap to see if I'm right, or just a cynic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Hi all ... been a while since I've been here ... been scribbling .... scribbled 130,000 words and the rescribbled and rescribbled until I was happy-ish!!

Now it's done - phew

It's called 'After the Affair' by Jonathan Kaye - (Oh and there's adult content - I just read the charter, and it seems I gotta say that here.)

..........etc etc

About 40% of the way through. Enjoying it, especially the parts that took place in Ranelagh. Well done on writing it; I'm sure that 99% of writers never finish the books they start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I just bought it and I'm looking forward to reading it! Congrats on your achievement! If you want some tips on social media promotion, drop me a PM. Happy to help!

Thanks mahamageehad and LionelNashe - hope you both find it a good read :)

Why has After the Affair disappeared from Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I went to get this and its still gone from amazon?

Advertisement