Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Assistant

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks - using a motion sensor to check for postbox opening.. so i know to check for deliveries if im out etc.. was thinking could turn on a hue light to a certain colour or something to notify post has been delivered? I've no problem setting up HA automations just trying to think of a sensible thing to do - can you send an email from HA handy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

You could set up a push notification to your phone. I have a few automations that notify me that way.

thanks yeah thats all i need really. it would push to the home assistant app?

got that working with a hue motion sensor and automation in ha.. works a charm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Shoog

I have an issue which is going to turn into a life sucker.

I recently accepted a set up Home Assistant updates and this included the ESPHome plugin. All my devices on ESPHome upgraded and then I noticed that one of them had broken. What seems to have happened is the update changed the name of the device to something entirely random and then promptly stopped talking to the device. The update seems to have made the device drop off the network as well so I thought the best way to get it back was to reflash the Firmware and this worked in getting it back on the network - but nothing appeared in the ESPHome addon. I suspect this is an issue with it having generated a new API for the device in the random assigned update. I had a similar experience before and I had to use the ESPHome website to recover the device - but I can no longer remember the procedure.

UPDATE: I have now managed to get it to appear in the ESPHome addon - but it wont configure because the API doesn't seem to match (the API is in the YAML file but its not using it). As I said before I suspect this is because once HomeAssistant has associated a MAC address with an API it will not allow the API to change and will never forget that API going forward.

Post edited by Shoog on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Not an ESPHone user, but have a snoop/grep around /config/.storage - there might be some references to the old devices/MAC addresses there.

Advertisement