Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn & Winter Sales

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Picked up some good games which should keep me busy for a while :)

Stellaris (+DLC)
    Just Cause 3 (+DLC)
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Metal Gear Solid 5
    Homeworld: Desert of Kharaak
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
    Tales from the Borderlands
    Batman: Telltale Series
    Mark of the Ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

OK my final haul is

Dying Light:The Following
    ABZU - Dont see whay these received such high scores. I suppose its artsy. Was going to get a refund but just completed it out.
    Sorcery.Parts1-4 - I used to love these adventure books when I was a kid. They have made a decent attempt to recreate.
    Walking Dead:Season 2.
    Sword Coast Legends
    Ryse-Son of Rome.
    Styx:Master of Shadow
    FIFA 17( On origin)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Got Assetto Corsa as a prezzie, so picked up all the dl:-), and just picked up Dirt rally for less than €20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Final Haul:
    Tales from the Borderlands - 2,39€( with reduction from selling cards )
    Astebreed - 4,49€
    Thumper - 15,99€
    Total = 22.87€

Not bad, i spent most of my cash on the Oculus store getting games for Touch. This sale was pretty crappy as the discounts were too low and as usual you can get most of the games cheaper elsewhere) same as last year tbh ), but you see 50% off and the game is still 29.99 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

worst one for me this year
    I would normally pick up a good few games or even the cheapies for the collection but only bought Satellite Reign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Hey all, made the switch from xbox one to a custom PC at Christmas, bagged myself some games to make the first few strides into PC gaming during the steam sale, wish me luck!

- GTA V
    - Rocket League
    - South Park Stick of truth
    - The Forest
    - Portal
    - Portal 2
    - The Witcher
    - The Witcher 2
    - The Witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

ckeogh wrote: »
    Hey all, made the switch from xbox one to a custom PC at Christmas, bagged myself some games to make the first few strides into PC gaming during the steam sale, wish me luck!

- GTA V
    - Rocket League
    - The Forest
    - Portal
    - Portal 2
    - The Witcher
    - The Witcher 2
    - The Witcher 3
    That's a nice years worth of gaming there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ckeogh wrote: »

- GTA V
    - Rocket League
    - The Forest
    - Portal
    - Portal 2
    - The Witcher
    - The Witcher 2
    - The Witcher 3

So you're not planning on seeing sunlight again for a good 14 months or so?

Great list of games right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ended up buying more games than i thought i would:
    Grim Dawn
    Squad
    Sub Nautica
    Dying Light

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Picked up The Stanley Parable, The Beginner's Guide, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Lisa, Grow Home and Oxenfree. I've already finished the first three over Christmas so I might have actually managed to avoid buying things I won't play this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked up The Stanley Parable, The Beginner's Guide, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Lisa, Grow Home and Oxenfree. I've already finished the first three over Christmas so I might have actually managed to avoid buying things I won't play this time around.

Whats Everybody's Gone to the Rapture like? Was tempted but said id wait till next sale

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Glebee wrote: »
    Whats Everybody's Gone to the Rapture like? Was tempted but said id wait till next sale

Well... It depends. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to everyone. If you liked Dear Esther (I didn't) I'd say you'll definitely like it as it's a much better made and more interesting game than that. But in my view it doesn't measure up to other walking simulators like Gone Home, for example.

The world is absolutely beautifully put together, stunning to look at and it creates a fantastic atmosphere. But I found it to be almost excruciatingly slow paced (much like Dear Esther). I mean that literally, in terms of how slowly your character moves around. The environment is big enough that moving through treacle the whole time actually hinders your desire to explore, which is pretty much exactly the opposite of what you want in a game like this.

The subplots are actually more interesting than the main plot, which sort of gives the impression that it's saying something more profound than it really is. But altogether the whole thing has a nice eerie vibe to it. I finished it, and I'd say I mostly enjoyed it, but I'd say you definitely need to be a fan of the genre. I wouldn't play through it a second time like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

I got motorsport manager....

It's all I need...

Fecking 3am last night and work today, just clicking one more race. I swear Civ 5 wasn't this bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Glebee wrote: »

As a walking simulator goes it's probably one of the worst I've played. It starts off interesting and mysterious with some good sub plots and then it introduces sci fi elements that are just really, really dumb and it all falls apparent like a bad M Night Shymalanndnandnakf film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I thought the novelty quickly faded and i just wanted to finish it asap. It drags on a bit much, but I looks nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tinie wrote: »
    I thought the novelty quickly faded and i just wanted to finish it asap. It drags on a bit much, but I looks nice.

This as well. I think the sweet point for these kinds of games is 2-3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I only bought two games over Christmas, probably the least amount I've snagged in the past 10 years.

Got Broforce on Steam (€3.49) and Batman Arkham Knight (€4.15 or so) from a key place. My backlog is such that I just can't justify getting any games, even though there are dozens from 2015 and 2016 that I'd love to play. Still have yet to get GTA V, despite it being high on my 'really want to play' since release!

Advertisement