Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Ospreys TG4

Options
1235»

Comments

The Ospreys player can do nothing while he's in the air. It's up to the lifters to mind their player. They're the ones putting him in the air.

I think MG was saying that the red should have gone to Kilcoyne! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Buer

While I would agree, what happened should be no different than a spear or taking a player in the air. The Ospreys player contacted POM in the air and as a result he fell 6 foot onto his neck. Duty of care and all that.

Duty of care is on lifter. It's a penalty in the laws to not adequately support your jumper and should be clamped down on. Every team does it and it's extremely dangerous.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Score?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

beertons wrote: »
    Score?
    26-0

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

26-0

33-0*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

26-0

33 nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

26-0

33-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

26-0

I am sure the final one was the one that poster wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

kub wrote: »
    I am sure the final one was the one that poster wanted
    He didn't say. I thought he might like to relive the tension ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cheers

• Advertisement

Just read there that Ospreys had such squad shortage they had 5 front row replacements on the bench to make up numbers. What the hell is going on over in Swansea???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Missed that ?

He was interviewing Killer about being one of the older team members and killer relied well you hung in for 5 years at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Very happy with our performance, game and the scoreline. Ospreys were missing a wagon load of players but so too were Munster. Saw on twitter that we have a squad of 44 players, we were missing 21 and we lost Taute early in the first half. We had a backrow player in the 2nd row for the majority of the game.

Last time Ospreys was kept pointless was back in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Phew, wasn't expecting that - we beat the lard out of them for 80 mins, great intensity and hunger. Few knockons/lineout malfunctions in the red zone a la Leinster/Ulster matches but far less. What impressed me was the variety in our play, box kicks, crossfield kicks, straight running, spreading it wide, mauls, chips over the top.... the Ospreys blitz defence has caused us trouble in the past but they didn't know which was to turn such was our variety.

MOTM... Killer was well deserved, but I thought JOD was unbelieveable for the second match in a row, 2 defenders beaten, an offload or two, won a couple of vital turnovers, one on our line. Top tackler and most carries on the night too for us. He had a tough enough time of it last year in the trenches at 6/7 but never gave up and it's really stood to him - up there with VandF as the most promising back row in the country. Can't wait to see how he goes against the Maoris on Friday.

Killer was immense - as someone said, I'd say James Cronin is seriously regretting his actions as he won't be getting that jersey back in a hurry - Killer's scrummaging, something I've been critical of for a while, has improved no end. Lethal from a few yards out too, Wally-esque :) Joint second carrier with Ronan O'Mahony - who was another possibility for MOTM. I'd have preferred to give Wooton a shout for this game based on ROM's form but he's answered a lot of questions - need to see that workrate from him in future.

POM is superhuman, wonder if he'll get the Maori match too to bring him up to speed for the second ABs game, surely that's a better runout than Canada? The whole backrow had great balance to it, TOD had a fine game also.

Delighted for Duncan Williams too, I've been a defender of his on here and MFans as I just don't see the horrendous player others seem to - he had a couple of kicks into touch but was imperious apart from that, really kept the pace up. I love how strong he is defensively too. A good outing for Keats too, he needed that.

Rory Scannell is a little jewel too, great boot, great defender, great distributor, robust little dynamo going forward, loving him and Tyler linking up at the moment. International honours surely coming his way at some stage, most likely end of season tour.

Really good day out for us, the Ospreys had the best attack/defence in the league coming here, we haven't conceded in 3 halves of rugby... we've bigger tests to come but this has been a fantastic few weeks to build on since Foley's passing, onwards to the Maoris, another great occasion hopefully.

Advertisement