Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Birria Tacos. Suggested by a friend, picked up some chuck and shin to make it with. Genuinely delicious. Not the healthiest, but not the worst either to be fair.

Marinade:

Crispy delicious goodness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That looks like true death row stuff @Dave_The_Sheep.

It was death row stuff for my stomach for sure. Maybe I'm just not used to the level of chilli usage, but I am in tatters today digestion wise.

Still delicious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Cottage pie. Always a winner. Some red wine and stock for depth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm feeling very much myself again, so I felt like cooking a nice proper dinner.

I made masala parathas, dal tadka and a peanut and tomato chutney. Not gonna lie, that chutney was amazing, we licked the pot clean 😆

• Advertisement

Baked potato with some cream cheese. Couldn't be arsed doing much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

looks nice n fresh.. the antidote to your Birria Tacos.. 😋

Curry photos from the phone are hard to present well, but this was a tasty and easy yellow curry with chicken, some frozen veg and fried rice. From yesterday.

I used a Thai yellow curry soup that's sold in handy little cheap cartons. Added lime leaves. I find the precooked pouches of brown rice are perfect for quick fried rice. An easy win for a week night.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

Pork chops with A1 sauce and red onions, brown lentils, butternut squash mash. I was hungry tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Now THAT is perfect... sorry I don;t know how to avoid quoting photos...

• Advertisement

Finally resorted to baked beans.. Been many months!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just to advise readers, no matter how desperate and needy some posts appear, please do not be tempted to offer help. As an anonymous forum, you have no idea who users really are.

The Gloomster!

Chicken peri peri with fried potato and some red slaw.

Courgette, pea and rasher risotto. Bit salty, oddly enough.

Pork shoulder and a couple of different styles of BBQ sauce.

Also can someone for the love of Jesus tell me why my pics are uploading sideways 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Black Sheep, think this is a boards issue - if you screenshot the pics and then upload those, they should show the right way up!

Gloomtastic; if your post was aimed at me? I am neither desperate not needy I assure you. The forum just says what you had for dinner.. Not gourmet meals etc..

I LOVE baked beans and they are

for me a real treat.. I am sorry if my simplicity gives a wrong impression here! Very upset if that is so.. Blessings and peace to all here. I did enjoy reading it all.. I am certainly not needy or desperate.. REALLY!

It just says what you had for dinner! I had through choice baked beans and really enjoyed them!

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

As a Mod on Boards, I get to see what you’re really like Graces7. Blessings and peace to all here my arse!!

If you want to continue with this, you PM me, do not respond on this thread or it will give me the greatest pleasure of all my years Modding on here to ban you - hopefully once and for all!

The Gloomster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It was actually me who started the beans conversation on the general food thread yesterday.

My reason for asking was that I noticed Heinz beans were now over 3 Euro for 3 small tins. I'm not needy, just notice the massive price jump.

Bought a 3 pack of Newgate today in Lidl, will be interesting to see how they stack up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Beef Enchiladas.

Bit of batch cooking with the price of the leccy.....😀

😀

Post edited by Planet X on

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did a rack of lamb tonight with spuds and ratatouille. I had more lamb than this, but as you can probably tell I’m a huge fan of roast potatoes, so the meat ended up on a side plate.

Sous vide beef rib, turnip and cauliflower mash, cabbage, mushroom pepper sauce.

I ate far too much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Don't worry anewme, @Gloomtastic! was addressing a particular problem that has nothing to do with you or with beans! :)

Gloom sir,

You can ban me as well if you want, but that is uncalled for aggression towards Graces7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'll happily take the ban here to explain.

A poster has been poor-mouthing for years (while occasionally simultaneously posting about being comfortable) and abusing the kindness of others, using them to get free stuff posted to them, often high value goods at that.

Was it appreciated? Well yes, as long as the generosity continued. If it stopped? Well then, it got nasty, often very nasty. The only mystery here is how they got away with it for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

If that is the case and it is proven, then the person should be banned. Why would they not be?

If it is not proven, its very wrong to make these allegations. They do not read well.

I feel terrible about the beans conversation as it was clearly off the back of me asking for cheap beans that the beans conversation went on. I did not see anyone asking for anything. I was not asking for anything myself!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

No one thought you were asking for anything, you're clearly a genuine poster.

Advertisement