Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Drizzling here now dry all day up to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mooooo wrote: »
    ****ty all day here, hope 2moro won't be too bad. Reading herd rest, vaccinating, dosing, scanning and dehorning a few as well
    Free after 10 so?:pac:

Lovely day here but got cloudy and dark after dinner time and started drizzling just as the last load of slurry went out.

Just 3 or 4 loads to go out on Saturday now and next onto the FYM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Misty in the morning then cleared up for a bit and then there was even a bit of drying and now raining again this evening.
    Cow's are in tonight for the first time this autumn and earliest ever in the history of the farm here but I want to stretch out the grass for daytime grazing as far as I can.

Don't want to start the same crap as last night about the hurricane but the forecast has it back on again for landfall in Kerry.
    The weather enthusiasts on the weather forum here are digging bunkers.

Floki wrote: »
    Misty in the morning then cleared up for a bit and then there was even a bit of drying and now raining again this evening.
    Cow's are in tonight for the first time this autumn and earliest ever in the history of the farm here but I want to stretch out the grass for daytime grazing as far as I can.

Don't want to start the same crap as last night about the hurricane but the forecast has it back on again for landfall in Kerry.
    The weather enthusiasts on the weather forum here are digging bunkers.
    So a pump directed into the air on monday should get all our slurry out with no damage to ground, you say?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

So a pump directed into the air on monday should get all our slurry out with no damage to ground, you say?:cool:

Yes probably landin up here in Wicklow,is there much in it?

• Advertisement

Yes probably landin up here in Wicklow,is there much in it?
    About 4 loads left, 6k gallons, tip around for an hour saturday and make sure every drop gone.

Though the pump is very tempting for Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Ophelia upgraded to category 2 hurricane

There'll be no bread left in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Its sure to hit. With the amount of times "wolf" has been called on weather events on weather forum it will all come at once!! Be careful what ya wish for.

The vegan stuff will still be there

• Advertisement

Its sure to hit. With the amount of times "wolf" has been called on weather events on weather forum it will all come at once!! Be careful what ya wish for.

Still. Be nice to see Teresa mannion reporting on panic buying of Ladies Hooded Onesies in Aldi.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Still. Be nice to see Teresa mannion reporting on panic buying of Ladies Hooded Onesies in Aldi.:D

I have a Pikachu onesie. WITH A TAIL! :D

Mooooo wrote: »
    The vegan stuff will still be there

I'm thinking hunger sounds a bit more appealing.

Or a rack of lamb...

I have a Pikachu onesie. WITH A TAIL! :D

It must frighten the cat.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

It must frighten the cat.:eek:

Male cat ignores it, female cat attacks it and holds onto it with her claws while I walk around the house so she's sliding around after me.......:pac:

Male cat ignores it, female cat attacks it and holds onto it with her claws while I walk around the house so she's sliding around after me.......:pac:

Just maybe.... if you stood still?

giphy.gif

:D:D

Fcuk me some rain falling

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Dry here but really warm and windy

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

crap day, lashing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Still dry here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Warm but windy and alternating between rain and drizzle.

I hate this weather, it’s hard on stock, miserable out but too warm to be in.

It’s the sorta drizzle that no matter which way you face it’s blowing into your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Strongish breeze here but mild. Out feeding ewe lambs in a T-shirt and it was 5°C yesterday morning

Reggie. wrote: »
    Still dry here

Spoke wayyyyyy to soon

If anyone wants to follow the forecasts of the coming storm, there is a thread over in weather about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057796550

Some of the graphics are pretty scary there.

If anyone wants to follow the forecasts of the coming storm, there is a thread over in weather about it.

your only saying that as your gonna end up in the Atlantic

Reggie. wrote: »
    your only saying that as your gonna end up in the Atlantic
    Been there before. Witnessed topless cubicles first hand. No desire to return:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Off on holidays for the week tomorrow, so busy checking the generators etc at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Didnt you have alot of damage with a storm before? 19 degrees here. Forking out dung. . Feels like 40 degrees

whelan2 wrote: »
    Didnt you have alot of damage with a storm before? 19 degrees here. Forking out dung. . Feels like 40 degrees
    Yeah, 4 years ago, took two 4 bay blocks of sheds and threw half on the milking parlour and half on a lean-to over the cows. Killed a cow and her freshly born calf and left the dry stock with no cover for the rest of the spring.

I was only a few minutes out of the shed after calving the cow and moving them to a safe place:rolleyes:

I dread any news like this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Weather be like this today...

Advertisement