Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    6mm here.
    Only 0.6mm at johnstown castle
    Yes if you look at the radar a batch of rain traversed central Wicklow including you
    But not south wicklow
    You can see it on this met eireann tweet
    Look at the gap right across the southeast

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1183651184424431616?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Absolutely milling down here in east Clare. :mad: Temp showing 13deg though, so cattle not that cold. Will be an early winter, that's for sure.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Absolutely milling down here in east Clare. :mad: Temp showing 13deg though, so cattle not that cold. Will be an early winter, that's for sure.
    It started raining here at 3ish yesterday and it hasn't stopped since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

All the ground waterlogged.serious rain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

37 mm and counting since yesterday evening ,cows kept in been a long while since we’ve had a day like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

mahoney_j wrote: »
    37 mm and counting since yesterday evening ,cows kept in been a long while since we’ve had a day like this

A grand day here, few squips of rain but nothing that amounted to much. Cows will have to stay out here for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Housing tomorrow, calfs are cold this evening a few of the lighter ones with humps on them, going by land conditions should have been housed the best part of a month now but trying to shorten winter as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

How is wexford holding up? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Had the most vicious of thunderstorms yesterday. We were planting CC when it came out of nowhere. It only lasted about 2mins but there was some structural damage to sheds and trees down. It blew away a trailer load of irrigation pipes 9m long...some were bent around poles etc.
    28mm fell in about 20mins.

I was sitting in the tractor thinking of taking a video, but I was honestly just too scared...anyhow it turned as dark as night. Mad stuff, and no mention whatsoever of such possibilities in the weather forecast...they should have their pay docked!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭einn32

Brought in calf heifers in and cows in for the night. Place is flooded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny morning now but it lashed rain

Had the most vicious of thunderstorms yesterday. We were planting CC when it came out of nowhere. It only lasted about 2mins but there was some structural damage to sheds and trees down. It blew away a trailer load of irrigation pipes 9m long...some were bent around poles etc.
    28mm fell in about 20mins.

I was sitting in the tractor thinking of taking a video, but I was honestly just too scared...anyhow it turned as dark as night. Mad stuff, and no mention whatsoever of such possibilities in the weather forecast...they should have their pay docked!!

Small tornado?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Small tornado?

Big enough one by the sounds from the post.

There's reports and footage of a tornado forming in central France around 4 or little after it and then strong winds doing damage in Belgium around 7.

Muckit wrote: »

The bolts to the blackstairs had to be replaced and new floats had to be deployed at curracloe and hook head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Muckit wrote: »

Drought starting to lift.😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Small tornado?

Yep. Stripped the roof of a veal shed a few km downwind.
    Xmas two years ago it stripped the plastic off a maize pit.
    Four years ago a mini tornado stripped the (new) roof off a shed on an outside farm.

Those are the only ones I’ve seen so far.

Fresh morning 6°C with a slight wind, wreckon it'll be raining in the next half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

3 or 4 belters of hail showers in last hour or so. Got caught out under first one while looking at cattle. Drowned. More to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Cavan 5°C and light breeze.
    Forecast for heavy rain tomorrow, but today was dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Cavan 5°C and light breeze.
    Forecast for heavy rain tomorrow, but today was dry.
    I was driving home to NCD late this afternoon and was surprised to see dark rain clouds as I headed East. Drove through a few downpours on the N3/M3 and the temperature dropped from 11.5c to 7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Bastard showers here all day

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Finally threw the towel in and housed the cows tonight. Some rain fell during milking this evening

Raining here all afternoon
    Still raining
    Mostly light
    But its rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Cold and dry all day, forecast good too. Too little too late now, land here wrote off until the long day comes around again.

Nice dry morning here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Heavy showers inbetween a bit of sun, land swimming, housed most this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Frosty
    Car frozen and grass white with frost.

Lovely and bright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭MfMan

met.ie predicts the mother of all soakings (again!) for Galway next weekend. That will definitely finish the grazing season if it comes to pass.

Advertisement