Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Glorious day today in Cavan, chillier now, but amazing how much the ground soaked when it got a chance.

Hopefully miss the storm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hopefully miss the storm

Keep the head down anyway folks.
    No one needs to be hit by a flying slate or sheet of galvanize.
    Any tree falls, leave it there till wind is over.
    Couple of lads killed in recent years cutting up trees that fell across the road and hit by another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Lovely dry day here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Wind picking up here a lot already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I says wrote: »
    Lovely dry day here

For now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Lehinch getting wet and windy now, nothing major yet tho, ill stay at it for another while,if it gets too bad ill head for home and stick the fire on for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Wind picking up here a lot already.

Same here, a bad shower just left. I think I'll move everything into fields with a southern ditch and pack up till milking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Reggie. wrote: »
    For now

Great day here so far. Great day yesterday too.

I'll leave the predictions to the forecasts and charts but it looks like it'll be a non event for most of the country.
    But still be wary. Maybe it'll have muscle memory of it's former self..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Same here, a bad shower just left. I think I'll move everything into fields with a southern ditch and pack up till milking time.

I thought you had no ditches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I thought you had no ditches?

Loads of them, thank God. I should have more than enough to rent out some to lads needing some habitats:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Ground still remarkably firm in east Wicklow

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1179694348792934400?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Rain and wind picking up here now. Think it's only a day for a mug if tea and the match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Raining non stop here since 9 . Wind strong but not overly. Dunno how much water has fallen in the last 2.5 weeks but it's fcuking enuf anyway

Just started here in last 5 mins
    Quite heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Calm enough here in East Clare. The eye of the storm didn't come inland like they thought.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭148multi

Light rain, wind picking up, was cold this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We didnt get as much rain as forecast thankfully. Didnt order any concrete for today due to the forecast, could have got some.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

New front of rain and wind moved into Cavan now.
    Had been possible to walk about in shirt sleeves for a couple of hours.
    Quite heavy at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

A good fresh day, wouldn't really call it a storm, mostly dry all day, gusts up to 60mph. Erris peninsula.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

A good fresh day, wouldn't really call it a storm, mostly dry all day, gusts up to 60mph. Erris peninsula.

Lovely mild night here in the midlands...... so far
    not much rain, about 5mms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭148multi

Almost stopped raining now, wind gone completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭older by the day

Raining here tonight in west cork. Will I throw in a few bales and let them in by night , I hate surrendering so early. Ground is very wet now, what are other farmers doing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Raining here tonight in west cork. Will I throw in a few bales and let them in by night , I hate surrendering so early. Ground is very wet now, what are other farmers doing

Lot of cows in by night here in North Cork and beef animals of all types not far behind.

The stores are getting bales outside, ration, stretching grass till they go and like most here eagerly waiting for the Agent to ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Hope to battle away for another week to 10 days anyway, use all the tricks, back fencing , on /off grazing, standing off cows after milking. Small amount of damage you'd get away with, ploughing the place you won't have much choice but to house at night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Have a few fields of lovely grass here, but the ground has gone very soft, realistically if this keeps up, I’ll be housing by the end of the month, good job I’ve plenty silage but might need every bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Ground is usually in shíte here. It's definitely in shíte now.
    Sure it's going to be in the same shíte next week I guess :rolleyes:

Mowed a few acres on outfarm yesterday for bales, was spread out today and will bale it later on. Looks lovely stuff. I think rain coming tomorrow

Touch and go near the east coast for rain tonight into tomorrow, it's going to be very nearby
    Monday looks very wet nearly everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Touch and go near the east coast for rain tonight into tomorrow, it's going to be very nearby
    Monday looks very wet nearly everywhere

Not looking great for getting the maize in uggh

• Advertisement

54 bales off 3.5 acres. Topped at the end of August and got fertiliser

Advertisement